The Other Side: Chapter Four

The Other Side: Chapter Four

A Chapter by Bella-Marie
"

Chapter 4

"

When Mum came to pick me and Harriet up, we were still both in shock. I had been trying to suffocate the pain underneath my ribcage by gorging on sweets, and Harriet had been talking nineteen-to-the-dozen about anything but Xyrn. I didn't mind. I just wanted to keep my mind quiet. It was screaming at me, going "WHY DID YOU PUSH THOSE MEMORIES AWAY, COWARD?" I was so scared. I didn't know exactly what to do. Then, my mind cleared as we were walking to the gate.

When the car pulled up, I clambered in and said brazenly "Mum, why did you never tell me about James?"

Her face went the palest white, and then tears sprung to her eyes. Harriet climbed in, and Mum, saying nothing, drove off as fast as the traffic allowed.

"Who told you about James?" she whispered at last.

"The Xyrn citizen who goes to the market every weekend," I spat back, "She said I looked just like him."

"Yes," Harriet piped up, "The lady also told me -"

"WHY, DARCEY?" Mum screamed, "WHY DID YOU ASK?! WHY ELSE DID WE KEEP JAMES A SECRET?! TO PROTECT YOOOOU!"

Harriet, a bit annoyed at being cut off, was silent until she was dropped off at her house, but made an apologetic face as she closed the car door. Mum was still furious.

"I had memories of him," I said tentaively, "I did... know he was there... subconciously."

Mum calmed down a lot after I said that. "It wasn't such a great shock then," she said musingly. Then, as we pulled up into our driveway, she said "I will tell Dad you know. Then, we'll talk."

I gulped. Dad is lovely, but he can be really, really strict. I could just imagine his anger at me for talking to a stranger. I gimmanced and got out of the car, walked to the house and opened the door.

I suddenly wanted to know James a lot more. Maybe he would be kind and thoughtful, a caring brotherly sort of guy. I could see him in my mind, a shy, dreamy boy (like me) with my golden brown hair and large green eyes. A boy who was gentle and encouraging, loveable and sociable.

Maybe this was all true.

Maybe it was all a lie.

But I definitely was going to the Market next weekend.



© 2009 Bella-Marie


My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Reviews

yes bella-marie it is very long and right now i cant be bothered reading it.
plus i shouldnt start halfway through it (like i just about did)
and i was really annoyed with all those messages you sent...

Posted 14 Years Ago



Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

128 Views
1 Review
Added on September 6, 2009
Last Updated on September 9, 2009


Author

Bella-Marie
Bella-Marie

Hamilton, Waikato, New Zealand



About
See that picture? Yeah, the profile picture of me. Yeah, yeah, that one! Well, that's my cat, I know! She's so cute, eh! I love my cat, she's the bomb. No, you're cat can't me as good as mine... maybe.. more..

Writing