The Other Side: Chapter Thirteen

The Other Side: Chapter Thirteen

A Chapter by Bella-Marie
"

Chapter 13

"

After my naming cermony was the reading of the hymns. I said my hymn with as much enthusiasm as possible, and, in return, the Xyrolants said their hymn with power and grace and the wind seemed to shimmer with their voices.

Then, the Party started.

The Party was incredible. I don't know how long they were cooking for because there were at least 100 Xyrolants and yet leftover food! And it was not like the food was disgusting or that Xyrolants didn't eat. The empty plates were simply magically whisked away and replaced with more dishes crammed with food! Of course, the chatting was awesome. I got to learn what would happen tomorrow, when we prayed, all sorts of stuff like that. In return the asked me lots of personal questions.

"How are your parents?"

"Are they strict?"

"Do the boss you around?"

I was amazed that my answers were often yes for most of the negative inquiries.

After a bit, someone stood up ontop of a table and drunkedly began singing. Others joined in enthusiastically. I learnt then that the Xyrolants had their own vineyard in some cleared forest area. They would make their own wine for special occasions - and often then get drunk on it.

They were songs, real songs like Beatle or Queen numbers. I was surprised to find they knew the words to those songs.

 

"We are the champions

My friend

And we - XYRN - will keep on fighting

Until the mother-****ing end!"

 

That is when someone decided that everyone had had enough of the gorgeous midnight skies, warm bonfires, delicious food and informative, interesting chatting. That person hit the gong and immediately everyone began to pack up. Water was thrown upon the bonfire, and with a sizzle and a crackle it was out. Food was packed away neatly into the kitchen hut. The benches were tidied and pushed away. I was suddenly giddy with tiredness and lead away by my brother to his hut.

Two other people slept in there - a young lady named Attixha (Atti-ka) and a greying old man named Jhazkk (G-a-zik), but I hardly looked at them. Skyzi patted my back softly when I suddenly realized I had now left Mum for good and would probably never see her again. I cried and cried, and Shyzi had to put me to sleep.

I felt so alone, yet the hut was so full.



© 2010 Bella-Marie


My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

111 Views
Added on September 27, 2009
Last Updated on January 11, 2010


Author

Bella-Marie
Bella-Marie

Hamilton, Waikato, New Zealand



About
See that picture? Yeah, the profile picture of me. Yeah, yeah, that one! Well, that's my cat, I know! She's so cute, eh! I love my cat, she's the bomb. No, you're cat can't me as good as mine... maybe.. more..

Writing