The Other Side: Chapter Eleven

The Other Side: Chapter Eleven

A Chapter by Bella-Marie
"

chapter 11

"

The look on James/Shyzi's face was one of anger and happiness. I didn't know which one to choose. It was so hard to take him as happy or as angry. I stared at him, torn, then felt my breath leave my chest and my legs give way.

I wasn't out of it. I could still hear, but my eyes were closed. I wrenched them open, and Shyzi's face was close to mine. His exspression was of incredible concern.

"Oh Darcey!" he sighed, relief written all over his face, "Thank goodness you're okay."

The roar of the boat started up. Mynx was off to grab the shopping from the car.

"It was you," Xysailah spat angrily, "You scared her so bad. She was so happy to see you after all that time..." her voice broke on the last word.

Shyzi swept me into a hug. His dyed-black hair smelt funny, but underneath was the familiar scent, and I breathed it in, almost crying with joy. We were together, reunited...

Shyzi stopped hugging me a looked at me closely. "Tall," he muttered, "beautiful, strong, brave, willing..." He kissed the top of my head and hugged me again.

The crowd watched the reunion cooed with pleasure. Then, Shyzi released me and I stood up, swaying slightly. He lead me to a hut and inside I found it furnished with two beds and two cupbaords. Apart from that it was bare. I was placed on a bed and I closed my eyes, woozy from the fainting spell.

After a few minutes, my strength returned with a vengance and I opened my eyes and sat up quickly. Shyzi gave a cry of surprise, then laughed. He offered me a banana. I ate it slowly, smiling. Skyzi asked me "How are Mum and Dad?"

"Fine, I guess," I answered. It was akward to talk about our parents. Then I blurted out "I came here to get away from them."

Shyzi nodded knowlingly, just as an old man walked in. I gave a tiny start.

"Sorry to disrupt you two," he said in a strong, sure voice, "I am the leader of the Xyrn Church. We - the elders - have decided you are most welcome here at Xyrn."

I breathed in with relief, and lay down again, my strength ebbing away. I slowly fell asleep.



© 2009 Bella-Marie


My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

118 Views
Added on September 14, 2009
Last Updated on September 20, 2009


Author

Bella-Marie
Bella-Marie

Hamilton, Waikato, New Zealand



About
See that picture? Yeah, the profile picture of me. Yeah, yeah, that one! Well, that's my cat, I know! She's so cute, eh! I love my cat, she's the bomb. No, you're cat can't me as good as mine... maybe.. more..

Writing