The Other Side: Chapter Ten

The Other Side: Chapter Ten

A Chapter by Bella-Marie
"

Ten Chapters done already!!!

"

Xysailah comforted me as salty sea water sprayed up into our faces. Black-clad guy introduced himself as Mynx (Minks), a very good friend of my brother James/Shyzi.

"Shyzi looks so much like you," Mynx decided, "He has that colour hair and those eyes, definitely!!! That green is the exact same."

I gave a small nod, my face moist with tears. We were drawing ever-closer to the Island of Xyrn, and my excitement was returning with a vengance.

"Will I get a new name too? Does everyone dress like you, Mynx? Do you have your own houses?"

Both Xysailah and Mynx gave good-natured laughs at my questions. As we drew nearer, Xysailah swore. "S**t," she cursed, "I forgot the bloody shopping."

"I'll get it," Mynx offered. Xysailah sighed with relief and flopped over the side of the boat, watching the waves.

I was getting restless, and I was aching to stand. I tentaively tried to get to my feet, but Mynx said seriously "You don't stand up in a boat that's stupid."

I went a shade of burgundy and stuttered "Sorry."

We had just pulled into the small jetty. Mynx tied a rope to a post and clambered up. He then hauled me and Xysailah up and I looked at Xyrn properly for the first time.

Xyrn was made up of tiny huts with thatched roofs and simple walls. These huts dotted the place where sand met grass. Behind the huts were small clearings, before a vast forest expanded out. On the beach was a large group of black-clad Xyrn inhabtants. I gave a small gasp of shock. They had thick eyeliner, black lips, and either black or white-blonde hair. They were all chanting a sort of hymn as we walked down the jetty.

 

"As the child

New innocent

Free

Comes to Xyrn

We promise to

Protect ye

And all the stale life

From the outside

Will wash away

And do as we

obide."

 

The hymn was hauntingly beautiful, and sung by all in the group. I gave a shiver of pleasure. Then, the hymn stopped, and a voice rung through the air.

"Darcey??? Darcey!!! Darcey!?!?!"

It was James.



© 2009 Bella-Marie


My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

119 Views
Added on September 12, 2009
Last Updated on September 14, 2009


Author

Bella-Marie
Bella-Marie

Hamilton, Waikato, New Zealand



About
See that picture? Yeah, the profile picture of me. Yeah, yeah, that one! Well, that's my cat, I know! She's so cute, eh! I love my cat, she's the bomb. No, you're cat can't me as good as mine... maybe.. more..

Writing