The Other Side: Chapter Nine

The Other Side: Chapter Nine

A Chapter by Bella-Marie
"

Chapter 9

"

Even though I was hyped with energy, I was nervous. What if Mum and Dad realized I was gone too soon? What if the Police were called? What, what, what!?!?! It was all running crazily around in my head, and Xysailah felt my tension.

"Don't fuss," she told me, "We'll get to the boat in time, the boat will leave on time and your parents can't say no to you going. It's your right."

I nodded painfully, and then began to cry. I don't know exactly why I began bawling, but I have a feeling it was something to do with the fact that my parents would be childless - as both children had abandoned them for a new-fangled religeon. Xysailah patted my shoulder.

"Don't be sad," she told me gently, "We're nearly there. Look, here is the dock now."

I looked out of the window and saw that was true. We had arrived at Christian Island Dock, where thousands of small sailing boats were docked. Today was a cloudy, breezy day, and many were sailing on the dark water. Far away in the distance, I could see a small island, and I shivered with anticipation. That was going to be my new home!!!
At ten o'clock exactly, a small jetboat docked in. The teenager driving it was wearing black everything - black jeans, black sweatshirt, black shoes, and had added black sunnies and one black glove to complete the effect. I was taken aback, but then saw his kind brown eyes and smiled warmly. "Hey," he said to Xysailah, then to me, "Who are you?"

"I'm Darcey," I said quietly.

"Darcey!" He gave a huge grin. "Are you coming to Xyrn with us?" he asked eagerly. "Are you, are you???"

I nodded once.

"Oh my gosh! Shyzi (Shy-zee) will be thrilled!" And I was bundled into the boat.

As we climbed in, I heard the distinctive sound of Police Sirens wailing. I gasped. "Hurry up!" I yelled, "They're coming for me!" The black-clad guy started the engine and quickly sped away. I breathed out with relief. Turning around, I watched as the Police Cars stopped by the dock and everyone inside them spilled out. Out came the Binoculars, and one duly spotted me. Then, I heart stopped.

Mum was getting out of a Police Car, sobbing. An officer directed her to where I was. She saw where they were pointing and gave a huge yell that even I could hear.

"YOU TRAITOR!!!"

I burst into tears, and waved. Mum covered her mouth with her hand and waved back. Both of us, crying, sobbing, grieving for each other. My heart felt like it was being torn from its ribcage as I sobbed and sobbed, screaming "I LOVE YOU MUM!" and I could hear her faint cry of "DARCEY, DARLING! I LOVE YOU TOO!!!"



© 2009 Bella-Marie


My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

135 Views
Added on September 11, 2009


Author

Bella-Marie
Bella-Marie

Hamilton, Waikato, New Zealand



About
See that picture? Yeah, the profile picture of me. Yeah, yeah, that one! Well, that's my cat, I know! She's so cute, eh! I love my cat, she's the bomb. No, you're cat can't me as good as mine... maybe.. more..

Writing