A Vampires' Kiss

A Vampires' Kiss

A Chapter by Brandon Lee Cochran

Adding the last few touches to an Andy Biersack costume is a pain in the butt. Luckly I managed to finish it up just as the door bell rang. Rushing down the stairs to go see who was knocking at the front door my room-mate, my closest friend Aaron Warren, had already opened. ''Aww S**t.'' he said trying to duck from an attack hug from our friend Madi.

 

I chuckled ''Hey, Madi. Glad you can make it.''

 

Madi, giggled ''Yea, same here. I wouldn't miss a day to dress up for Holloween in my life.'' Madi was dressed up like she just came out of steampunk. She wore what looked like a corset, with fishnet leggings and her black combat boots.

 

I laughed ''Yea, I'd have to say the same for Aaron.''

 

Aaron looked at me and said ''Nah, Eff that. I'm just going for the candy and pranks!'' Aaron was dressed up like a drunk Irish man, he fitted the look pretty well. He even had a fake beer bottle.

We all laughed and started heading out the front door. Aaron stoped me and whispered ''Are you going to bring a bottle of sunscreen? You know... because your a vampire.''

 

I shook my head ''We're not going to be out that long. We'll be back home before the sun comes up.''

 

Aaron nodded ''OK, bro. Just looking out for ya.'' He always has. Thats why hes been my closest friend. He found out my secret when I was feeding on a blood bag one day and stumbled upon me sinking my fangs into a bag of blood.

 

We were heading to a Holloween party one of our class mates threw ever Holloween night. It was pretty awesome, he really does know how to party. We walked up to the house. It had gargoyle statues next to front door as if you were entering some creepy haunted house and cobwebs were hanging from porch and balcony on the third floor. You could her the music blairing outside, it sounded like dubstep. Fog was rolling out the open front door of the house onto the porch. We walked in and were greeted by a dance floor of our schoolmates, almost all of them were danceing to the heavy beated techno music flowed through the house. Aaron tapped me on the shoulder and said something, I couldn't hear him so I just nodded, then Aaron and Madi headed for the snack bar.

 

Stood at the door not knowing what to do. A girl, dressed in what appeared to be a black silk dress, walked up to me. ''Hey, Brandon.'' She said with a smile on her face. It was Evelyn, the girl who I've had a crush on since middle school.

 

''Hey, Evelyn.'' I replied back while smileing politely back at her. She looked beautiful. The way her brown eyes looked at you made you feel as if you were being looked at by an angel. The strobe lights that reflected off of her porcelyn skin made it look as if she had an aura of light around her.

 

''You look bored.'' She said stairing at me.

 

I chuckled and said ''Yea, a little. Not really much to do around here.''

 

''Evelyn!'' Someone shouted behind her. It was one of her friend, Paige. Evelyn looked back at me and gave me a shy smile ''Sorry, but I have to go for a little.''

 

I smiled back at her and said ''It's OK.'' Then she walked away just as smothely and beautifuly as she approached. I sat down on the sofa that was in the living room. I don't know why but I just couldn't keep my eyes off of her. She had me mezmerized like some hypnotic spell that was cast over me. Aaron walked up to her and they were whispering something over the music that I couldn't hear. She giggled at what he told her, that made me feel uncomfurtable. Aaron knew I had a major crush on Evelyn, and yet it seemed he was hitting on her. I shook my head, I can't let that bring me even lower knowing she would never be mine in the first place. I got up from the sofa and walked to the outside balcony. I leaned up against the railing and stared out at the night sky, the stars creating enough light to see. Sometimes I wondered what it'd be like to be just normal, to not be a vampire but to be human. So manythings wouldn't be as complicated. I could walk around in the daylight with out putting on sunscreen to keep me from being incenerated. I could have a simple love life, one that didn't carry a fear of biting into your girlfriends neck and draining her dry type thing. But I guess I wouldn't have to worry about that because I've always drank blood from donar bags at the hospital.

 

''Bro, you OK?'' I turned my head to see who it was, it was Aaron.

 

"Yeah, I'm fine. Why?'' I replied.

 

''Because you just like left the party to come out here and stand on this cold balcony.'' he eyed me knowing something might be suspicious.

 

''It's nothing, bro. Just leave it alone.''

 

''Bull s**t! I think I've known you long enough to see that somethings wrong.'' He was right. Him and I practically grew up with eachother.

 

I sighed and then looked him directly in the eye. ''You were flirting with her weren't you?''

 

Aaron raised an eyebrow at the accusation. ''What? You mean with Evelyn? No way bro! I know you love her. I wouldn't do anything like that. Besides, I'm dating Janie, remember?'' He was right. I knew he was dating Janie and that he wouldn't do a thing to break her heart.

 

"OK, bro. Wait, then what were you talking to her about?'' I eyed him suspiciously yet again.

 

He cocked hes he to one side ''You. I told her you had a crush on her.''

 

I swore my face was red as a burning flame. He told her. Oh crap, now its going to be awkward. ''You told her!? Why in the hell did you tell her!?''

 

He chuckled and put his hand on my shoulder ''Clearly you you weren't going to and you weren't getting anywhere with her by just stairing at her. So, I did you a favor and told her you liked her, which you do. And by the way, she likes you too.''

 

I think if it wasn't for Aaron's hand on my shoulder I would have melted right then and there. Aaron smiled ''Your happy, I can see it in your face.'' he pointed out. We both laughed.

 

I looked over thinking about heading back into the party when I saw who was standing there, Evelyn. Half out of excitement and half out of shock that she may have possible heard all of the conversation I had with Aaron my fangs ejected from my gums. Aww s**t not here. Not now. Oh god what am I going to do. She looked at Aaron and said ''Hey, can Brandon and I have a moment?''

Aaron nodded ''Sure.'' and before he walked aways he nudged me in the arm and winked. I gulped. This was probrobly going to end badly. She walked closer to me. Crap, I need to get my fangs retracted and now. Ahhh s**t... uhhhh.

 

She smiled with a blush on her cheeks ''Brandon.'' she said ''Aaron told me that you liked me. I just wanted to tell you that I like you too.'' The smile on her face was so beautiful that it made it so hard not to look at.

 

With out thinking I said ''Really?''.

 

Her jaw droped. Oh crap, she saw my fangs. This was really not good. She took a step closer to me ''What are you?'' she asked as if amazed.

 

I lowered my head. ''I'm a...'' the words were hard to spit out ''I'm a vampire.''

 

I felt her touch on my shoulder she raised my head the the touch of her soft, gental hand, and she smiled at me. "I've never liked a vampire before.'' and something over took me. I gently pulled her close to me, and I kissed her. When the kiss was over she looked up at me and smiled, that beautiful gleaming smile, and her eyes met mine, the twilight in them shined brighter than the night sky its self.

 

I leaned my head on hers and said the two words I never thought I'd be able to tell her, even after she new I was a vampire ''I love you....'' and she spoke in her soft, sweet, gental voice ''I love you too....''



© 2011 Brandon Lee Cochran


My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Reviews

I really like this piece, your plot is great, your formatting is great, and your charactors are built very well, though you do have some grammer errors. I love this, your a great writer.

Posted 11 Years Ago


i liked this piece but there were some grammar mistakes...i think you have a good plot going and your characters are being built wonderfully...

Posted 12 Years Ago


It's..it's..good..but..Nevermind. You're an excellent writer.

Posted 12 Years Ago



Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

448 Views
3 Reviews
Rating
Added on October 18, 2011
Last Updated on October 18, 2011


Author

Brandon Lee Cochran
Brandon Lee Cochran

Terre Haute, IN



About
My name is Brandon Cochran, I'm a fictional writer. A lot of my writing contains vampires, demons, werewolves/lycans, or zombies. The characters in my book are based off of my friends and myself, with.. more..

Writing