Your Altar

Your Altar

A Chapter by Celeste Lucy Zaveri
"

You'll need an altar for Culta, and here's how!

"

Your Cultan altar is also called your “sacred place,” or “sacred space,” or simply “altar,” which is where you may put your magickal tools, and it is a place for you to perform rituals (and sometimes spells).  

A desk, shelf, box, or any other thing that can strongly hold the altar’s items is needed. Try to have it in your room, or a private off-limits place, and do not allow others to touch it. Only those participating.

I have a box/container. Open the attached lid, and put the tools inside when the ritual’s done. Then, for the next ritual, take them out and put it on the box-container. I keep it in my room. When I open the lid, I smell the element of spirit (or ether), and I smell magick. The smell of ether and magick come in many forms and are different to each Cultan. And you can feel magick and ether, whatever it feels like to you. My tools are cold…I feel its magick, I smell and see and hear it (from the altar bell’s ringing, sounds from moving altar pieces, etc.)

Go here to learn about hiding your altar if you’re uncomfortable with having it out in the open. Again, some altars are outdoors (if it’s a safe, undisturbed, blocked area) but I wouldn’t trust it.

I will give you a list of tools you’ll want on your altar. You needn’t have every tool that I list, but here are the usual ones (for example, I don’t have an athame or broom or caldron):

1.      Athame (also called blessed knife or enchanted knife, etc.)

2.      Chalice (also called goblet or blessed cup, enchanted cup, etc.)

3.      Wand (can be a stick, a special wand with a crystal on it, or anything. Also called blessed stick, enchanted stick, baton, rod, etc.)

4.      Pentacle (can be a drawing, plate, with the Pentacle Star, and note that a Pentacle’s different from a Pentagram. Also called Magickal Star, Wiccan Symbol, but since not every Witch is Wiccan, and Culta isn’t Wicca, I simply call it pentacle.)

5.      An offering bowl where you can give offerings to your God and your Goddess. You don’t have to have a name for Him and Her, just God and Goddess will do, but names such as Nyx and Erebus, Aphrodite and Ares, Isis and Osiris, or other deity names, are wise ideas.)

6.      Cauldron. The cauldron representing the Goddess’s womb is where the stereotype of Witches comes from. A Cauldron, as well as all other altar tools, can easily be made, can be big or small, and can be bought for cheap prices.

7.      Besom, also called broom. It sweeps away bad spirits, energies, and evil luck so your spell will work effectively. Don’t use a broom when performing black magick, unless it’s a broom with dark spirits inside it, that sweeps out good blessing energy. If doing white magick, it’s good to use.

8.      Candles. Can be real, electronic, small, big, unscented, scented, lighted, unlighted, any shape or size you’d like.

9.      A statue of the Goddess.

10.   A statue of the God.

11.   A bowl of dirt, salt, etc.

12.   Tarot cards.

13.   An altar bell that you ring to start or stop the ritual.

14.   Feathers, plants, or crystals. Whatever fits you.

Try this chant to bless your altar. If you’re doing a sun god and moon goddess:

God (Name If Available),
bless this altar with sun magick!
This is my will so mote it be!

Goddess (Name),
bless this altar with moon magick!
This is my will so mote it be
!”

Try this chant to bless your altar with a moon god and sun goddess:

“God (Name),
Bless this altar with moon magick!

This is my will so mote it be

Goddess (Name),
bless this altar with sun magick!

This is my will so mote it be!”

If your God and Goddess are neutral, of no sun and moon, then simply do what you’d like. I’m not the boss of you, as Cultanism/Culta firmly claims.



© 2016 Celeste Lucy Zaveri


My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

307 Views
Added on September 21, 2016
Last Updated on September 21, 2016
Tags: altar, Wiccan, Paganism, Culta, Cultanism, magick, witchcraft


Author

Celeste Lucy Zaveri
Celeste Lucy Zaveri

Germantown, MD



About
I've written "The Immortal Legacy" on widbook.com and I love writing online. I'm also a psychic and I support the Democratic side in every election. I sometimes write nonfiction and poetry, but mostly.. more..

Writing
April April

A Chapter by Celeste Lucy Zaveri