Chapter 19 (Flash back)

Chapter 19 (Flash back)

A Chapter by Catonia06
"

The Retribution

"
Chapter 19

An hour later, Robert and Lorraine were sitting in a small office in Ravens Fairs' police station studying paperwork when Robert looked across the desk at Lorraine, took out a small half drank bottle of whisky from his jacket and got her attention by shaking the glass bottle.

Lorraine just looked up at him and said firmly, "Mr Cowan, that is highly unprofessional."

"Sorry," he replied, before taking a swig and then putting it back inside his jacket.

"OK..." she began. "On the 5th of July, 1941, a young boy by the name of Michael Ashen disappeared. He is exactly 10 years old, red haired and freckled, 4 foot and 9 inches. How does that sound?"

"brilliant. You should be on Crime central," Robert grinned.

Crime Central was a television appeal show for victims of crime and families of missing children and loved ones - though many didn't own a television in the household, so the showings would always be screened in public cinema's and basically wherever else it could be shown; and where many people would gather. Bars and Taverns that had a television would also screen Crime Central every time without fail. It was a public appeal show aimed to get people involved in searches for missing persons and schemes to catch wanted criminals.

"That's a thought!" Lorraine said enthusiastically.

"Do we really need to?...I mean, we've got the whole town involved, so maybe it'll be a bit of unnecessary spending...?"

"We need all the public support we can get. He's 10, Mr Cowan - he needs top priority."

"Call me Robert," he corrected.

Lorraine smiled politely, before adding, "Actually, I think I might just have a little drink."

Robert took the bottle from the inside of his coat once more and handed her the bottle, though she looked slightly disgusted, asking, "No glasses?"

"I would...but I'm not really a mobile Tavern," he joked.

She just grinned, then wiped the neck with her sleeve and took a swig, before screwing her face up as the strength of the drink overwhelmed her, amusing Robert.

.

Out on the streets of Ravens Fair, Marvin Hacking and Vernon Francis had been working hard in the community, taking statements from the locals, whilst other officers continued to search woodland and derelict areas.

A few locals were gathered outside a row of houses giving their opinions to each other.

"It could have been a hoax or anything," a woman commented to a neighbour.

An elderly woman, standing amongst them grabbed their attention with, "Hey, I know the first place I'd look!"

The others standing nearby looked over, very interested.

"Mary Shaw's home. I can bet big money if the police search there, they'll find him."

"She is kinda creepy," a male voice agreed.

A roughly dressed, middle aged man darted across the road towards Vernon yelling, "I hope you're gonna check Mary Shaw over!" He then started to become aggressive once he got close up to him, jabbing his finger at him aggressively and growling, "You find Mary Shaw!"

"We ain't got the evidence. But yeah, we'll sure look into it," Vernon assured, his slight southern undertone to his accent sounding noticeable.


© 2010 Catonia06


My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

290 Views
Added on September 20, 2010
Last Updated on November 21, 2010
Tags: Dead, Silence, Mary, Shaw


Author

Catonia06
Catonia06

United Kingdom



About
First time writer that hopes to learn and develop a new skill.I've never written anything before,so be helpful in your reviews and be precise e.g. say exactly what could be done to improve it,rather t.. more..

Writing
Chapter 1 Chapter 1

A Chapter by Catonia06