Hanako's Last Words

Hanako's Last Words

A Chapter by Ari and Sylph
"

Well, we were bringing people back from the dead too much. Somebody had to go. (Written by Sylph)

"

Hanako's last words

Kaydra's Perspective

The courtyard by night has always been a sight to behold -- It's fountains, trees, flowers -- so that must explain why I found Hanako the way I did.

Well, more like tripped on her.

I was walking somewhat slowly, looking at the sky- the moon was a gorgeous crescent -- and was confused when I suddenly stumbled. There lay Hanako -- white as a sheet, though her viens stood out pitch black. Her eyes fluttered open blindly in response to my touch. Admittedly, I'm fairly sure I screamed.

We were closest to Edvard's door, so, panicked, I threw it open(never mind the fact I broke the lock and threw the door off.) and managed to inform him of the situation through my blabbering. His palor intensified, making his skin look whiter than his albino brother's. We shot out the door toward Hanako.

"Hanako!" he shouted in desperation as he fell to his knees beside her. He lifted her head onto his lap as the other doors opened one by one, the rest of the startled rebellion stepping out. There was a chorus of gasps as they realized what had woken them, and why.

In an instant, we were ringed in.

"What happened?!" Alex demanded sharply.

"I don't know!!" I cried out hysterically, in tears.

Auria was chanting, "Oh, my gosh, Hanako.". Avryn stood by in shock Emmitt and Kaoru stood tight lipped and angry. Ari, Tao, Edvard and I were on our knees, pleading with Hanako to say something -- anything. Megan and Byron were dumbstruck.

Hanako opened her eyes and gasped in pain. She shuddered, then gazed unfocusedly at us, her eyes glazed and dialated.

"Hanako." Edvard repeated, brushing the hair from her eyes. Tears ran down his face.

"How did this happen!?!" Ari pleaded.

"A-a-Akkiviarra." she stuttered, between gasps of pain. "This i-is th-e pri-ice of m-my pow-er. It isn't a gift, i-it's a c-c-curse." she managed to focus her gaze on me. "Y-you remember when-n you-ou asked me to tea-ea-ch it to you?" She shuddered and breathed raggedly, somehow looking at me. "This...This is why I wont. I kne-kne...knew from the star....start that I was going... to die." She gasped.

She looked at Edvard. "I was g-going to tell you tonight Ed. But it came so suddenly... I...I'm so...sorry. So, so sorry. I love you." Her eyes re-glazed and she fell back against Edvard. Hot tears dripped from his face onto hers.

"There's nothing we can do.... is there?" Kaoru whispered, tears in her eyes. Emmitt shook his head slowly in defeat.

Knowing we were all suddenly crying, I wrapped my arms around Edvard and Hanako as we all felt Hanako fading fast.

"No." Edvard sobbed, "No, Hanako, please, don't leave me." Hanako convulsed weakly. As her eyelids fell closed, she whispered, "Till we meet again, love." and the girl who helped us

cheat death finally fell prey to her punishment.

Someone -- I'm not saying who -- swore through their tears, several collapsed, incoherently sobbing, but those touching her remained still, numb to the horror. Ari looked at her

painfully, silent tears running off her face.

If the Great-and-Mighty-What's-His-Bucket had attacked right then, we would have died right then and there, finishing off the rebellion.

But he didn't.

So,we mourned in peace.



© 2010 Ari and Sylph


My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

344 Views
Added on August 5, 2010
Last Updated on August 5, 2010


Author

Ari and Sylph
Ari and Sylph

not gonna tell ya!! ^_^



About
Ari: First of all, my name is pronounced Ah-ree. I'm a poet, an artist(mainly manga) a composer and my favorite type of writing is fantasy. Being a famous writer has been my dream ever since I could.. more..

Writing
Ryde Ryde

A Book by Ari and Sylph