Chapter Two: Micalyn Versus Mom

Chapter Two: Micalyn Versus Mom

A Chapter by Ari and Sylph

Micalyn’s Perspective

"Mom, where are YOU headed?!?!" I smirked at my mom's ridiculous ensemble. She wore a hideous, hot pink sunflower calico print jumper suit, with great big purple skater shoes and lime green lipstick, as her Platinum blonde hair was tied up in a fuzzy ponytail holder with a unicorn on it.

She looked like the state clown of Montana. My mom was known all around these parts for her unsightly fashion sense.

"I am headed for the mall with the girls. And no, you can't come. Nothing would make you look good."

I snarled and glared at my mom... "Hey, look, I wouldn't want to come with you for the worl-"

My mom interrupted me mid-sentence, saying, "YEAH whatever. Just leave me alone, and I'll leave you alone. kay??" She tromped around the house with her huge lime green book bag, looking for my spare cash. (yes, mine. While she's off gallavanting and doing whatever she feels like doing, I'm the one that goes to work and cleans the house.)

"Hey! that's mine! I actually work for my earnings, you know. Just exactly what do you think you're going to do with it?!?!"

"Don't be so stupid, DAH-ling, Im going to spend it." My mom has a very interesting, strong, Bronx, New York accent. The reason it’s so unusual is the fact she’s never set foot into New York in her life. I stopped the conversation. No point in stopping her now. It's like trying to tell a three-year-old girl her doll DOESN'T talk.

Something popped into my mind quickly. I thought I had better ask while she’s wasted. She‘s not bright when it comes to multi-tasking.

“OH! urm... before you leave, mom.. I got a letter from an academy...” I held up the letter with shining ink reflecting in the sunlight in an elegant script.

“YEAH I SAW IT go to the freak show if you want. I DON’T CARE!!!!” She opened the screen door, stepped almost completely out, and before she slammed the door to leave, shouted “YOU‘D BELONG THERE!!! BELIEVE ME!”

I smirked as she left in her hippie van that was clad entirely with sunflowers and rainbows.
Coward.







© 2010 Ari and Sylph


My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

356 Views
Added on August 6, 2010
Last Updated on August 6, 2010


Author

Ari and Sylph
Ari and Sylph

not gonna tell ya!! ^_^



About
Ari: First of all, my name is pronounced Ah-ree. I'm a poet, an artist(mainly manga) a composer and my favorite type of writing is fantasy. Being a famous writer has been my dream ever since I could.. more..

Writing
Ryde Ryde

A Book by Ari and Sylph