Chapter Five: What you wouldn't expect could happen at an airport

Chapter Five: What you wouldn't expect could happen at an airport

A Chapter by Ari and Sylph
"

Ari gets an unexpected visitor on her way to wherever the wind blew her.

"
Ari's Perspective
  
    I don't know what just happened right then. After I had left the apartment, I was going off of nothing except a whim and a prayer -possibly my birthmother's trademark of the 6th sense the whole trip. I don't know where I'm going, or what I'm doing. I'm just doing what I feel like I should have done a long time ago.I had no idea where to go or what to do. I felt I had to go there and wait for someone... or something... to come for me, almost as if someone was waiting for me where ever I was going.
    
    I narrowed down the possibilites to two; One: A happy family/welcome wagon that I had somehow forgotten or had been separated from on a train, or something like that- or Two: Someone wants to kill me. Personally, I really, really hope it isn't option number 2.

     I took a deep breath, and strode the long hallways into the airport. It was around 1A.M. and the airport was just about ready to close after this last flight.  The lights were already dimming, and people were announcing that
the airport was closing. Great. Just Great. I just missed the flight. And what kind of an airport closes?!?!?! I turned around to look out the glass doors. The plane was just taking off, swooping into the sky.

    I turned around to walk out, but the lights went out. It was pitch black and I could see nothing and no one anywhere. I quickly tried to pry the electric doors open manually, but they were jammed.

    As if that wasn't bad enough, I heard something call my name. Notice I said something. I spun around, looking for anything that could have done this. This was beginning to look like one of those horror movies. You know, the ones where there's foreshadowing that the Hero/Heroine gets killed off by the last dark soul lurking about.. yeah, those.

    Slaughter Ari. It called out to me. Great. It knows my name!! Exterminate the Chosen One! It hissed. Wait... chosen one?!?!?!  As I shoved my fist into my mouth to keep myself from screaming, A thick, black liquid was running down the walls. Scratch that. A thick, dark red liquid was running down the walls. My heart jolted when I realized it was blood. Probably the blood of it's past victims. Whatever it is.  Suddenly, I really hoped my morbid assumptions were wrong.
 
   The blood seemed to slink over my direction. It piled onto itself, and eventually became a figure with the head and body of a cobra, the stinger of a scorpion, the claws of a gryffin, and horns of the devil. It had holes where it's eyes were supposed to be.

    I choked down a breath of air and tried to keep my thoughts from fogging up. I need a weapon if I want a sliver of a possibility of survival. I looked down at my hands. My fingernails were considerably sharp, and I had used them before in fights, but... this thing wasn't human. I felt around frantically in my pockets. Bingo! It's not much-but it'll have to do. What I found was a pocket knife I had picked up before I left the McCallistors. It was relatively duller than most knives, but like I said, it beats fingernails. Then I realized that dull blades hurt worse than sharp ones.
 
   Exterminate the Chosen One!  It repeated. It's head surged toward mine and it's fangs sliced open my left arm, ripping my skin open and sending painful messages to my brain. Don't scream, don't scream, just fight, just fight, Woman! I barked at myself.

    The beast reared it's head back, ready to strike a second time. I dodged this blow, and landed a few of my own. It was just scratches compared to what this monster could produce. Okay, okay Ari, think. Where exactly is the vein in the neck? Aha. I remembered. I sliced my blade through the air in a downward arc and landed it in the vein.

    The thing screeched and lurched at me again, slicing open the lower part of my stomach. Ow, that hurt. I yelped and tried to protect myself from further damage. My mind was getting cloudy. No!  I yelled inside my head. No!  It's jaws clamped around my torso like a pit bull's lock-jaw handle. I screamed from the pain and stabbed at it multiple times, scratching at it and plunging my blade into it as much as I could.

    I felt my body burning as if my soul were being sucked out. Oh,(insert swear word of your choice here).  I made one last effort, and then finally earned my victory. The thing screeched, and fled, it's blood and my spilt blood combining each other on the ground. The holes in my torso were almost straight through. The burning sensation went away, but the throbbing pain intensified.

     My mind become engulfed in the fog and swallowed into the darkness.

    All I can remember from right after that moment is a bright light, and the floor came to meet me pretty darn quick.



© 2010 Ari and Sylph


My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

460 Views
Added on August 6, 2010
Last Updated on August 6, 2010


Author

Ari and Sylph
Ari and Sylph

not gonna tell ya!! ^_^



About
Ari: First of all, my name is pronounced Ah-ree. I'm a poet, an artist(mainly manga) a composer and my favorite type of writing is fantasy. Being a famous writer has been my dream ever since I could.. more..

Writing
Ryde Ryde

A Book by Ari and Sylph