Ch. 2 Warriors of the light

Ch. 2 Warriors of the light

A Chapter by Ty (Ivan) Boyer
"

One of the worlds where the main character (me) doesn't see any of his friends, but those of you that have played Final Fantasy 3 you might catch on to what's going on pretty quick

"
 Ty woke up in the field confused "What the hell?" He looked to the side and noticed a satchel and a sword. He took a look in the satchel and was surprised of the contents "What the hell is my laptop doing here? I left this at home." The sword was a Katana and it looked awfully similar to the one his father had on a rack in his basement. "This doesn't make any sense. Why is my laptop and my dads Katana blade here with me. Better question, where am I?" He looked around and saw nothing but grass for miles around. Ty sighed "Well when in doubt go in one direction and hope you end up somewhere."

 Ty headed north and walked for hours. His feet were aching, he was thirsty, and he hadn't eaten in hours "Damn I'm hungry" He started to stagger and struggled to keep his balance. He fell on his knees "No good. I'm too hungry and thirsty to go on." He moaned. He fell over and passed out no longer able to continue since he was weak with hunger. Just before he passed out he saw four figures run towards him, one of them shouted "Hey are you alright?" 
 Ty woke up with a splash of water in his face. This took him by surprise "What on earth?" Someone chuckled "I figured that would wake you up." Ty turned his head and saw a young man not looking much older than a teenager not much taller than Ty and with long white hair that's been put into a pony tail. Ty wiped his face "Who are you?" The young man smiled "Name's Luneth and these are my friends Arc, Refia, and Ingus." One of the others stood up another young man much like Luneth except with short dark brown hair "Hi am Arc." Before anyone else introduced themselves Ty looked at the other two people there, none of them looked any older than a teenager. Another one of them walked over to help Ty up this one was a girl. She was very beautiful a little shorter than Ty, had long red hair, and a very pretty smile "Hi I'm Refia" she smiled at Ty and he turned bright red "Nice to meet you Refia." The last person, another guy was leaning against a nearby tree. He walked over and held out his hand "I'm Ingus." Ty grabbed his hand and shook it "Nice to meet you Ingus. Nice to meet all of you." Luneth chimed in "We don't know your name. Mind telling us?" "Oh sorry about that I'm Ty" 
 Luneth placed his hand on Ty's shoulder "Nice to meet you Ty. Where are you headed." Ty looked down "Well truth be told I don't even know where I am." Luneth was confused "What do you mean you don't even know where you are?" "Well I was going to work at the auto repair shop and then I passed out. Next think I knew I was in a field with this satchel and my dads Katana blade." Luneth was even more confused "What's an auto repair shop?" Ty looked up and made eye contact with Luneth "How do you not know what an auto repair shop is? They fix cars on a daily basis." Arc shook his head "I have never heard of this auto repair shop or these things you call cars." Ty was getting frustrated "Oh forget it. I bet you guys are Amish or something. Besides you never told me what you guys do." Luneth was about to speak but Refia spoke up for him "We are the warriors of the light!" 
 Ty cocked an eyebrow "Warriors of the light." Luneth nodded "Yes we are four chosen people sent to restore the balance between darkness and light. We now need to head for the crystal tower to stop a man named Xande from completely upsetting the balance between darkness and light and bringing forth the void." "Well do you mind if I tag along with you guys? I got nothing better to do seeing as I have no clue where I am and I'm interested to see this crystal tower you speak of. Luneth shrugged "I don't see any problems with that." He turned to the rest of the group "Any of you guys mind?" They all shook their heads. "Alright it's decided you can come with us."
Ty smiled "Awesome let's go" he said with great enthusiasm. Luneth turned back to the group again "Let's head back to the airship everyone." Ty was confused "Wait a minute you guys have airships but not cars?" Luneth smiled "Yep that's right." Ty shook his head this is one confusing place." "Ha and where you come from isn't?" Luneth said with a chuckle. "I'll summon some chocobos that we can ride back to the airship."
Refia stood up "No Luneth I'll do it." Refia whistled as loud as she could and out from the horizon came four giant yellow looking birds. 
 Ty was confused "What are those." Refia turned around to face Ty "They're called chocobos. You can ride them but be warned they're pretty fast." As these words left her mouth the chocobo's were already at everyone's side. Refia smiled "Faster than usual today I guess." Everyone got on a chocobo but they were one short. "Hey Luneth you guys are one short how am I going to ride back with you guys?" Refia held her hand out to Ty "You can ride with me." Ty looked up and grabbed Refia's hand "Thank you Refia." Refia smiled "My pleasure. Now hold on tight, like I said chocobo's are pretty fast." Luneth yelled "Let's go chocobo's!" And with that they were off. Ty was almost thrown off "Oh crap!" he shouted as he regained his balance. Refia shook her head "I told you they were fast." Luneth looked back at everyone "We should be back to the airship in about a half hour. Until then hang on tight everyone. That means you as well Ty." Ty scowled "Yeah yeah I get it now." As they rode off Ty looked up into the sky "Will I ever see home again?" He thought so himself. He shook his head "I will see home again. I will"
 


© 2013 Ty (Ivan) Boyer


Author's Note

Ty (Ivan) Boyer
Give criticism please people read my stuff and don't leave criticism behind please give it

My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Reviews

Aw, i don't have much criticism to give! I like the concept of being between death and life you've got going on here, and YES CHOCOBOS!!! My first video game addiction was FF6 which actually was released as FF3 on SuperNES in the US. That game was epic. I love the guy coming from an automechanic shop and adjusting to the new world, all his responses (esp. the Ahmish line).

I feel you, I've got over 100 views on some of my stuff (esp. my later chapters), and not a single comment, I'm always wondering what people are thinking. On the other hand, I read things for fun sometimes and don't write anything, so I can relate to that too. Anyway, sorry I don't have anything critical to say, other than nice job.

Posted 10 Years Ago


Ty (Ivan) Boyer

10 Years Ago

I will even take general comments. It means a lot to me if people just say great job keep it up, gla.. read more

Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

254 Views
1 Review
Added on October 24, 2013
Last Updated on November 8, 2013
Tags: Fantasy


Author

Ty (Ivan) Boyer
Ty (Ivan) Boyer

About
I am a gamer, I love anime, and I have been into writing lately due to boredom more..

Writing