21 Days Til Christmas . . .

21 Days Til Christmas . . .

A Chapter by Emily B

Dear Anna,

Finally! My family has started to show signs of noticing the season. Mama has begun to crochet a night cap for Granny out of the wool that I spun. It is a surprise for her and it is my job to watch the hall so that we can hide the evidence whenever she comes this way.

Granny is making mama a pretty cotton apron from the leftover fabric from my last new dress. I watch so that she can keep her secret, too.

Sarah and I are making our little sister a doll’s house and tiny furniture. We have been saving scraps of pasteboard for days and weeks. Aunt Jane is helping us stitch linens for the little bed.  Elizabeth will be surprised with her little presents! We wait until she is put safely to bed so that she won't know what we are working on.



© 2012 Emily B


My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Reviews

I really like the way you have done this in little snippets. This one is precious and captures the goings on and the thoughts of a young girl preparing for Christmas.


This review was written for a previous version of this writing

Posted 11 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Love the old-fashioned appeal to the work. It makes me wish time travel were possible.... Delightful.

This review was written for a previous version of this writing

Posted 14 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.


Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

134 Views
2 Reviews
Added on December 29, 2009
Last Updated on November 7, 2012


Author

Emily B
Emily B

Richmond, KY



About
to the Lost Boys I am no Wendy; but my voice brings you back to me. And you sit around my feet, anxious for a story or a kiss. Listening to my words spinning adventures, like so much g.. more..

Writing
Old bones Old bones

A Poem by Emily B


Memories Memories

A Poem by Emily B