15 days until christmas

15 days until christmas

A Chapter by Emily B

Dear Anna,

Mother was gone much of the afternoon. As soon as I was certain that she was down the street and out of sight, I asked Granny if I might go visiting to a family we know well. The rain had stopped and she guessed that it would be alright.

 

Only guess where I really went, straight to the hospital on Mill Street. I approached the door cautiously and knocked as loud as I dared. A whiskered man ushered me in and asked my business.

 

Well, I stood up as tall as I could, but my voice it ran and hid. All I had left was a tremble. I finally made him understand that I came to volunteer.

 

"What can you do?" says he. And I answered quickly that I have a fine hand, I can write letters for boys to send home to their families. Mr. Whiskers smiled. Maybe he even has a family somewhere. He asked my address and I gave it. He promised that when they have need of me, he will definitely come to call.

 

I went right home and picked up my sewing without even being told. Granny did not even have to scold me once.

 

Anna 



© 2012 Emily B


My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

130 Views
Added on June 13, 2012
Last Updated on November 7, 2012


Author

Emily B
Emily B

Richmond, KY



About
to the Lost Boys I am no Wendy; but my voice brings you back to me. And you sit around my feet, anxious for a story or a kiss. Listening to my words spinning adventures, like so much g.. more..

Writing
Old bones Old bones

A Poem by Emily B


Memories Memories

A Poem by Emily B