Chapter Four- Darin's View

Chapter Four- Darin's View

A Chapter by Heartful5160
"

Before you start reading I don't know why some of the words are put together...sorry!! Please enjoy though...comment if you like!!

"

While, Jessica was in the shower, I was watching the latestfootball game that was on. Then, my phone started vibrating,indicating that I had a text message waiting for me. It was from myhomeboy, Laterious. One thing that Jessica didn't know about myhomeboy Laterious. He was the guy that I always hung with. He andsome other guys will be going to the strip club with me, for mybachelor party. Instead of texting him back I felt like calling him,since Jessica was in the shower. So, I had some privacy to myself, " Hey, what up brother?" I said into the phone.

 " Nothin' much, man, how about you?" 

 " Just chillin'. Jessica's in the shower," I informed.

 " Cool. Cool. So, haven't talked to you in awhile, how you been,man?" 

" Good. Me and my baby girl went and bought a tree. A tall one too,like I've always wanted, man. But the sad thing is, is that we gettingit in tomorrow, so we just chilling for now. Jessica was eager to putup a wreathe on the door today, so that was all the decorating we gotdone today."

 " Cool, cool. So, you been talkin' to that one girl still?" he mentioned. I couldn't believe that he had the nerve to bring that up.Especially, him knowing that I'm about to get married to the onewoman I love. 

" Man what you doin' bringin' her back up?"

 " Just wonderin', man."

 "Man, I don't mess with her no more. She history. I stopped messin'with that b***h, before I engaged to Jessica." I explained to him. 

 " Sorry, I brought it up, man." 

" You good. You good. Well, I just heard Jessica turn the water off,so that means she's about to get out the shower, so I'll talk to youlater, brother." 

" Alright, man. Text me when you can. I'm always near the phone, ifyou need me or anything else."

 " Gotcha man. Love ya', man."

 " Love ya'," we hung up the phone and I got back to my game.I turned up the volume, because it's not a good game if the volumeisn't high. It makes me feel in the moment. Perfect! But when Jessicacomes out of the shower I'm sure she'll be complaining about what'son the television. I mean I can't say I don't do that to her, because Ido. She came out of the bathroom into the room, letting out a longsigh, " What's wrong?" I asked, knowing what was the problem, but itnever hurts to ask.

 " You're always watching this channel," she complained." Can you not watch something different for once in your life?"Jessica asked. 

" It's interesting." I sat up and walked to her. 

 " How is watching the same thing interesting? I mean it's literallythe same thing over and over again. They all talk about the samething."

 " Yeah. It's my interest. Plus, you where in there taking a shower, soit was my time with the T.V."

 " Well, I'm out, so me or you can turn it on something that we canagree on. Gosh, I feel like I'm back in my teenage years trying tofight my sister for putting the T.V. on something we both like," sheturned and walked away from me and at that, I knew I probablywould be better in the kitchen making our favorite Christmas drink.Hot chocolate. It was pretty quiet, because of the argument we just had upstairs.This is why I hated having arguments, because this is what it led to.Friction and not communicating with each other. I could feel hercome closer to me and she wrapped her arms around me. Then, shelaid her head, that had a towel on it, on my back. It's like you couldfeel the forces of love just going right through us. Every time we touch. " I'm sorry, Darin," she said with a tired voice. 

 " For what?"

 " For picking something so stupid to grouch at. It's just been a longday and I'm exhausted. And you read my mind," I turned around toface her beautiful face. 

" You fixed my favorite Christmas drink. I was really craving that. Idon't regret saying yes to you," she said. I handed her a cup of hotchocolate and we went and sat on the couch together," This living room is going to be filled on Christmas. Can youimagine what it's going to look like?" Jessica asked, while lookingaround the room. I took my turn and glanced at every inch andcorner of the living room, that we were sitting in, "It's going to lookgreat. It's going to look like a real party. I remember when I wasabout sixteen me and my brother decided to have a lot of friendsover. Well, when everyone came over, I was just chilling and Ioverheard someone complain about how small my house was tohave a house party." I said.

 " Did you say anything to them?" 

" Yeah. I walked over to them and told them that if the house was toosmall for them to just have one little simple party then they can leave."

 " Wow. Why are people so ungrateful for what they get and have?"she asked.

 " I don't know, but when I was little I remember my mother takingaway a toy I got for Christmas for not being grateful for it. I wasunwrapping it and it wasn't exactly what I wanted, so I startedcomplaining and the next thing I knew was that I had nothing tocomplain about anymore."

 " So, you got taught a good lesson?"

 " Yep. From then on I didn't complain about anything else. I alwaysthink about how there are kids and other people out there thatwouldn't be able to have just one simple, cheap toy. And to be honestI would love to give back."

 " Why don't you?" she wondered,curiously. 

 " I don't have time. But for Christmas I wanna buy some toys andtake them to the children's hospital and give them a great Christmas." 

 " I would love for you to do that. Is the company having a party or aget together?" 

" Yeah. This week after work hours and you're coming with me. Iwanna show you off to everyone. I talk about you all the time andthey're begging me to bring you up there." 

 " I can't wait to see everyone. It's gonna be great," I watched her take a sip of her hot chocolate and from there she got up from thecouch to put her mug in the sink.

" By the way is there any shoppingI need to do for this party?" she asked.

 " Well, if you want to go out and buy a dress or whatever that wouldbe fine. But if you're talking about gifts for the party, then yeah.Everyone is supposed to bring something secret," I suggested. 

" So, ya'll are doing Dirty Santa or Secret Santa?"

 " Yeah. Only the employees though, but if you want to pick out thepresent, that would be better for the both of us," I walked over to thesink and did the same with my mug. She took herself upstairs to theroom, so I thought that would give me an invitation to her body of awonderland. 

      Once, we got upstairs, sadly, I got nothing. It looked as though something was on her mind. But, she looked too tired to talk. She looked like she just wanted to sleep. Usually, if she goes to bed first that means that she's ready to go to bed and doesn't want to be bothered. But if she wants to get frisky with me, than she would be in the bathroom for awhile, getting herself primped. Then, she would come out with a feisty look on her face. But not tonight! 

      The next morning, I woke up feeling great, ready to see my baby girl laying right next to me like every waking morning. What was weird was that she wasn't even there. Her sexy, beautiful body wasn't beside me. So, I walked around the house calling her name and even looked to see if she was in the bathroom in the house, but she wasn't.So, I decided to call her and surprisingly she answered. Where in thehell could she be at this time in the morning? " Hello?" she answered, when she picked up her phone. 

 " Where are you?"

 " I'm at the gas station." 

" For what?" 

 " I had an emergency."

 " Are you okay?" 

 " Yeah. I'm fine. I'll be home in a second. I'm leaving just now, so I 'll see you soon." she said. 

" Okay. Bye. Love you," I hung up, hoping and praying she was okay. I really hope she is. I wouldn't say I'm protective over her, but at times like these I think I should have the right to be. 



© 2015 Heartful5160


My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

227 Views
Added on July 8, 2015
Last Updated on July 8, 2015


Author

Heartful5160
Heartful5160

Sherwood , AR



About
I'm a sixteen year old hard working writer and I enjoy writing every second. I love to give my opinion on things. I've written about three novels and trying to get them published. Please, if you have .. more..

Writing