Chapter Ten- Darin's View

Chapter Ten- Darin's View

A Chapter by Heartful5160

 " Are you awake Darin?" Jessica awoke me. 

" Yeah, I'm awake. Are you?" I asked sarcastically. 

"Very much awake. We need to get up, so we can get ready for work.Come on, get up," she ordered. I got up, after she did. I left the room, to make our daily coffee.Then I came back upstairs, " Your coffee will be ready, when you'redone."

 " Good. Thank you," she replied.

      I came into the bathroom andstarted getting ready. I pulled on my regular work clothes, Polo andthe khakis or nice dress pants. I moved on to doing my morningroutines, such as brushing the teeth, applying the deodorant, andspraying on the cologne. It was an everyday thing. I went downstairs to see Jessica setting at the bar, drinking hermorning coffee, " Are you ready to go to work?" she asked me. 

 " Yeah, I have no choice, but to go to work. Gotta fulfill my baby'sneeds." 

 " Same for me here." She took a look at the clock, " Well, I better leave, honey. You have a very good day, baby. I love you. And, plus Ihad a great and lovely night last night." 

 " Me too. I would like to do it again sometime." 

" You will. And baby, that's a promise." 

" Alright, you have a good day, too. I love you, baby. Be careful andcall me when you get to work, so I know that you made it therealright."

 " Okay. Bye." 

" Bye," she left the bar and left for work. 

       My phone started ringing, " Hello?" I answered. 

" Hi, is this Mr. Darin?" a female voice said over on the other end. 

" Yes, ma'am."

 " Yes, this is Ms. Linely," she said with her sexy tone. 

" Good morning. Is this an emergency?" 

 " No. No, it's not. I was just wondering if you would like to meet somewhere for breakfast," she suggested. 

"Well why?" 

 " Just to grab something to eat."

 " You know I was wanting to keep what we had as a one thing happening."

 " This is me asking you as a boss or a friend. Which one do you choose?" 

 " Either or. Where at?" 

" How about the coffee shop across from the office?"

 " Sure. What time?" 

" About thirty minutes. Meet me there, boss." 

 " Got it," I drove to the coffee shop and saw Ms. Linely standing in front ofher car waiting for me to arrive. I parked my car beside hers and gotout." Well, you're out bright and early. Shining bright," I exclaimedwhen I got to her.

 " Very funny. Well, sha'll we go in?" 

 " Yeah. Why waste time out here when we could be stuffing ourfaces with some eggs and bacon?" I said. I walked her into therestaurant and we sat down at a booth. " So, how do you like it here at this company?" I asked her. 

"Oh' well, I'll tell you this much, it's a much more laid backcompany than the one I came from," she took a sip of her orangejuice, " much more enjoyable." 

 " I understand. I just wanted to let you know that what we did theother day was just a one day thing. I didn't really want that, but your body is just on fire. Just had to get a touch of it. I'm on my way ofgetting married. A matter of fact in a couple of weeks, actually. Idon't want nobody or nothing getting in my way," I explained to her.My phone that was sitting on the table started ringing. " If you couldexcuse me for just a second, I told my fiance' to call me whenevershe gets to work. So.. just hold a thought," I answered the phone tohear that it wasn't Jessica, " Hello?"

 " Yes this is the Baptist Hospital and we were wanting to let youknow that we have a loved one by the name of Jessica Johnson." 

 " Alright, thank you. I'll be down there. Thank you." 

 " What's going on?" Ms. Linely asked. 

" Umm, the hospital has Jessica. I'm sorry, but I have to go. Thankyou for breakfast." 

" You're more than welcome. See you later."

 " Yes, any call or messages leave them for me, till I get back."

 " Certainly," I left the restaurant in a rush after I got the phone call and in notime, I showed up at the hospital. 



© 2015 Heartful5160


My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

180 Views
Added on July 13, 2015
Last Updated on July 13, 2015


Author

Heartful5160
Heartful5160

Sherwood , AR



About
I'm a sixteen year old hard working writer and I enjoy writing every second. I love to give my opinion on things. I've written about three novels and trying to get them published. Please, if you have .. more..

Writing