Chapter 3

Chapter 3

A Chapter by Justine Snyder

Chapter 3


Reyna walked over the dead body and stood in front of Karina. Both reaching almost the same height, Reyna just a head higher than Karina. Reyna placed her hands on her hips and started down at Karina.

But it wasn’t just their height that was the same, they looked a great deal alike. Reyna had golden yellow blonde hair cut short from her chin and all her hair below that was cut close to her head. She wore black eye makeup that brought out her golden yellow eyes. Reyna dressed in black tight cloth pants with black boots over her pants to her knees. Her top was a short black tank top that exposed her stomach and black fingerless gloves, as her skin was white as a ghost. “Oh sister dearest,” started Reyna calming. “What do you think that you are doing here?” questioned Reyna finishing harshly.

Karina took a step back in fear then stood up straight. She looked passed Reyna to their bother, Caleb. “Caleb go to your room. I must talk to Reyna alone for a moment.” Ordered Karina, Caleb hanging around Reyna enough to already start to taint his mind with her darkness and ideas.

Caleb was busy examining the dagger covered in blood. His head snapped up to look at Karina. His bright yellow eyes so much like Reyna, but his hair was pure black that hung loose around his face. Dressed in all black, cloth pants, tunic shirt, and boots. He looked over at Reyna as to ask if he should listen to Karina or not.

Reyna looked back at him with a nod. “Yes, Caleb go. I have to talk with Karina.” Then Caleb walked toward them to leave. Reyna stopped him before he passed her and put out her hand. “My dagger, please. Go train with some of the moves I have showed you.” Stated Reyna.

Caleb placed the dagger in her hand then nodded to her with a big smile. “Ok.” Then he left the room closing the door behind him. He knew that Reyna was deal with Karina now, ahead of the plan's time.

Reyna walked away from Karina back over to the dead farmer on the floor. She put out her hand, palm facing down, black flames covering the body and burned it without any smoke until the body and all the blood right in front of Karina's eyes until there was no sign of either body or blood. Then she turned faced Karina again. “What do you want?”

Karina heisted for a moment. “What do you think you are doing?” questioned Karina in a strict tone.

“Oh this, it was just some fun.”

“Fun?! You just killed someone for fun. What did he do to you?!” exclaimed Karina as she took a step forward. She was furious that this was her sister, how could she think like that? What in her mind could make her be the way that she was?

“He was trying to ruin my fun.”

“Your fun, your fun, ruling the world and raising an army in darkness.” Stated Karina.

“So you heard that, now did you.” Said Reyna.

“Yes and don’t think that you can just kill me so I don’t tell mother.”

“No, of course not, sister.” Reyna said with a sly smile. “I wouldn’t dare kill you, mother’s little pet. Go tell mother, it matters not. She is going to find out sooner or later.” Explained Reyna, she was unafraid of the consequences. She didn't need to worry no one not even their mother could stop her power was had grown stronger than anyone of them.

“You aren’t worried?” questioned Karina confused.

“Of course not, I’m stronger.” Reyna said. “I think that she learned that fact today very well.” And she laughed, thinking about the look of her mother's face after she striked her and her powers down to the ground with one blow.

“How dare you hit your own mother! Are you insane!?” exclaimed Karina as she moved in closer so that they were only a foot away.

Reyna closed her eyes and turned her head away from a split second then faced her again. Reyna slapped Karina in the face just like she did to her mother earlier. Karina shocked raise her hand to slap Reyna but Reyna caught her wrist before she could hit her. Reyna gripped her wrist tightly as Karina winced in pain. “What do you think you were going to do?” asked Reyna in a cold voice. Karina remained silent in pain and from the straight fear of her sister. “If the Great Lady Adiya can’t beat me, you think that you have a chance against me. Think again, my dear sister. Think again about who side you’re going to take. Think now, your decision will be needed by tonight.”

“Do you think that I would side with you over my mother? Darkness is just a shadow in the light and if the light is brighter there are no more shadows.” Stated Karina.

Reyna tighten her grip to silent Karina again. “There is always darkness hiding somewhere. And when the light goes out, the darkness can rule. Remember that fact, Karina.” Then she let go of her wrist. “This world needs a new world order. The one that doesn’t have flaws in it. I think that I can restore what is right.”

“No, Reyna, you will just upset the balance between the light and the dark. You can’t do it.” Whined Karina as she rubbed her wrist.

“Who said the balance was right to begin with, not I. I will set up a new balance and a new world. You can join it or be destoryed by it.”

“That is insanity!” yelled Karina.

“Shut up!” screamed Reyna. “Or I will kill you right here and now. It isn’t insanity. You just think that because it isn’t the something that you think and see everyday. Open your mind to different ways of the world. Don’t close it to Adiya’s way.” Karina was silent as she backed away from Reyna slowly. Reyna grabbed her wrist again and twisted it behind her back, Reyna whispered into her sister’s ear. “Come on, sister. Join me, I don’t want to have to kill you. I want you to join me and Caleb. We can start a new way, all of us.”

“What about mother?” asked Karina scared.

“Don’t worry, we will take care of her tonight. You will never have to worry about her again. Just worry about taking care of Caleb, me and yourself.”

“I can’t.”

“Yes, you can. You are my sister. I know what dark blood flows through your veins if you let it.” Stated Reyna.

“I won’t let it.”

“You will have no choice in the matter. I just wanted you to come willingly. But either way you will.”

“No, Reyna don’t do this. Please.” Cried Karina. Reyna let go of her wrist and Karina stumbled forwards a little, quickly spinning around to look at Reyna. She was wiping the blade of her dagger clean with a piece of cloth hanging on the wall of her room. Then she glanced up at Karina with a grin, she was going to kill her, kill their own mother tonight.

Karina spun on her heels and raced out of the room with tears forming in her eyes. And her heart pounded in her chest, she ran and ran as the dark colors of Reyna’s place blend into a blur.

She raced to her mother in order to warn her and get her out of this castle before it was too late. She looked out of the windows as she ran by. Seeing the evening sky and the sun slowly setting on the horizon.

‘Mother….’ Thought Karina.

 

 

 



© 2009 Justine Snyder


My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

165 Views
Added on July 8, 2009
Last Updated on July 13, 2009


Author

Justine Snyder
Justine Snyder

Lehighton, PA



About
I have been writing as long as I remember, I have years of journals for events in my life and thinks about everything and anything around me. Most of the time, I'm in my own world, I have been told th.. more..

Writing
Chapter 1 Chapter 1

A Chapter by Justine Snyder