Chapter 7

Chapter 7

A Chapter by Justine Snyder

Chapter 7

-Aileen, the Fiery Warrior


Aileen sat at a table with piles of great food in front of her. She was a daughter of a high class father and mother. Her father once a great fighter and now advisor for the King and her mother is a woman of the court. And Aileen the oldest child that survived years of sickness and fighting. Only two siblings a brother and sister lived now, but they were very young.

Aileen looked up at her mother and father in pride and honor, but that wasn’t enough for them. She was everything that they didn’t want her to be. Said to be too wild and too hot headed, nothing like a lady should be and doesn't even dress like one.

“Aileen, you do know how dangerous doing something like that. You could have gotten yourself killed.” Stated her mother.

“You are too reckless, like a stallion. But you are nothing but a mare, you do know that. You should be inisde learning your skills of the house not fighting, training, or saving people from burning buildings.” Explained her father, as he stared hard at her. She hated that stare, he stared at her like hse was helpless. He referred to her as an animal that couldn’t make it own decisions. But no, she wasn’t enough, all that fighting and training for him to show that she was as good as a son. He wanted her to be a gentle, obeying girl that he could marry off for money, land and allies. She wasn’t stupid she knew. He could care less about her feelings or wishes. “Isn’t that right, Niall?” added her father.

Aileen clenched her teeth as a tall man stepped up to her father’s side. Niall was her father’s best aide and some master of blades. Skin that was a natural light tone that brought out his light green eyes. Long brown hair tied back with a piece of black cloth. Dressed in a plain black tunic with brown cloth pants and black leather boots. Niall just smiled at Aileen, she hated him. She knew that her father was grooming him to rule this land after him. But he could only do that if he were to marry her. Her father was planning it and she knew because with this great marriage the King would grant her father a new title more power and land and that’s all he cared about. “Well even mares do at like stallions in the wild. Just until they are finally broken, they settle down and have some colts.” Stated Niall and him and her father smiled at each other.

“But it was a child, tell me that you would just watch as the building burn and that child die.” Stated Aileen angrily.

“Watch your tone. And why do you care about those villages? What have they done for you? They are poor and good for nothing.” Explained her father.

‘They are your people. You are suppose to protect them and care for them!” exclaimed Aileen.

“Your tongue! Your tongue is sharp and doesn’t obey. Maybe it is time you were broken in and finally married off.” Stated her father. Marriage always shut Aileen’s mouth right away. She hated the thought of being forced to marry, carried off to some new castle. And she knew that he father was just waiting for a reason for marriage. For the King was planning to give a new title and land to whoever whould marry her, but couldn’t just marry her off right away the time had to be right, as all suiter has to been seen by her father and the King first. Aileen glanced down at her food. Knowing her father would marry her off to Niall tonight if she would say one more wrong thing. “Maybe that would finally teach you to learn some manners.” Added her father.

Aileen looked over at her mother. She just remained silent; she was under his rule, too. Just another woman forced into a marriage, to live a life unhappy. He could of cared less about her, if she were to die after the struggle of child after child for a living son. It wouldn’t matter to him, he could just remarry. Then Aileen just snapped from it all. “Maybe you should learn some manners about caring for your people and not just treating them like dirt!” yelled Aileen as she stood up quickly knocking over her chair.

“Shut your mouth now! Or you will be married tomorrow morning!’ shouted her father.

“I don’t care anymore! I won’t let you treat me like property!” shouted Aileen. “You can’t tell me what to do. I can’t listen to anyone that I don’t have respect for.” Stated Aileen as she stormed out of the dining room heading to her room. She could hear her father cursing her name. Aileen just thought he can’t marry someone who isn’t here tomorrow morning.

“Niall.” Stated Aileen’s father after she stormed out of the room, as he slowly stood up to face him. “I just hope that you can handle her. But you know even if you two are going to be married tomorrow doesn’t mean that you can’t start breaking her spirit tonight. I will talk with the King in the morning, you were his favorite suitor anyways. I don’t see the problem.”

Aileen’s mother quickly stood up shocked. “No you can’t! I wouldn’t let you do that to my child!”

Aileen’s father quickly walked over to her pulling her from the table and hitting her across the face knocking her to the ground. “Witch, don’t you dare raise your voice to me. You as a woman have no part of this.” Then Aileen’s father looked back to Niall. “The marriage is tomorrow, make sure not to leave a mark that people will see.”

Niall nodded. “Don’t worry about a thing. I will handle it, my lord.” Then he headed out of the room.

 

“Who does he think he is? He can’t force people into what they don’t want! I’m not going to let him. And if I’m not here, he will have no power over me. So I’m leaving.” Stated Aileen angrily throwing clothes in a riding bag. Then she stopped thinking about her mother, she can’t just leave her here to suffer but she would never leave her home. What about the people, who would watch over them now. But Aileen couldn’t stay or she would be married off.

“Can’t leave. Can’t stay, can you?” asked Niall’s voice from behind her.

Aileen spun around to see Niall standing in her doorway watching her. “What are you doing here?”

“No the question is what are you doing? It’s getting late you need to get your rest you have a wedding tomorrow.” Said Niall as he walked toward her.

Aileen laughed. “Do you really think that I’m going to just let my father force me into a marriage? I’m leaving tonight somewhere he will never find me, so stand aside.” Explained Aileen as she picked up her bag.

“Do you think that I’m going to let my bride just walk out? You will be staying.”

“I’m not your bride, we aren’t getting married. You aren’t going to land a hand on me or I will have no trouble killing you.” Said Aileen putting her bag over her shoulder getting ready to move.

Niall didn’t move. “Oh, I don’t have to land a hand on you to stop you.” He said with a snicker. Aileen just looked at him confused as he brought his pointer finger to his temple. A sudden strike of pain ran through Aileen’s whole body cause her to fell to the ground in front of Niall. Aileen looked up at Niall shocked as he laughed at her, tapping the side of his head. “I have all that I need in here to stop you.”

Before Aileen could say anything there was a bright flash of light in the room. Niall was knocked out landing on the floor next to Aileen, as Aileen saw a light haired woman in a white dress standing in front of her. Aileen just looked up at her in shock.

“Oh no, Aileen are you okay?” asked the woman bending down and helping Aileen stand to her feet.

Aileen moved away from the woman. “What the hell?! Who the hell are you?! How do you know who I am?! What’s going on here?!” exclaimed Aileen.

“Shh!” ordered the woman. “I can’t explain now, but you need to come with me.” The woman looked around. “I’m here to get you so that you can save this world.”

“What in the world are you talking about? Are you crazy?” asked Aileen confused.

“I’m very much sane, come with me. You can get away from this place and your father. To a new life and a new world that you can save. So you can return and help these people from your father. Or remain here, Niall will wake soon and you will be under his control and married tomorrow. You’re choice, Aileen.” Explained the woman.

Aileen glanced at Niall on the floor then back up at the woman. She didn't have a real choice here, she wasn't going to stay here to be under Niall's weird magic, she had to trust this strange woman. “Fine woman, let us get out of here.” There was a bright flash of light and the woman and Aileen appeared in the temple of the Elements. “Wow…” stated Aileen under her breath looking at the woman.

“Wait here with my daughter and Sondra, I will be back soon.” Stated the woman.

“Ok….” Stated Aileen as she turned away looking around the temple’s room studying it. She couldn't believe the magic she just experienced now.

“Karina, Sondra. I’m going to the next girl.” Stated Adiya then a bright flash of light, she was gone once again.



© 2009 Justine Snyder


My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

151 Views
Added on July 21, 2009


Author

Justine Snyder
Justine Snyder

Lehighton, PA



About
I have been writing as long as I remember, I have years of journals for events in my life and thinks about everything and anything around me. Most of the time, I'm in my own world, I have been told th.. more..

Writing
Chapter 1 Chapter 1

A Chapter by Justine Snyder