Chapter 5

Chapter 5

A Chapter by Justine Snyder

Chapter 5


Karina stormed into her mother’s room, throwing open the doors and stopping inside of the room out of breathe. Sweat forming at her brow from the long run as her heart felt it was going to burst out of her chest. “Mother…Mother, where are you?” asked Karina worried.

Suddenly there was a bright flash and Adiya appeared in front of Karina. She quickly lead Karina farther into her room, to a bench in front of a window, both of them sitting down. “What is it, child?” asked Adiya concerned.

“Reyna is planning on taking over the world in darkness.” Stated Karina.

“All knew that she would sooner or later, it’s true she is mad. But now I have the way to stop her, so don’t you worry about it.” Said Adiya smoothing.

“But mother, she is going to come and kill you tonight.” Stated Karina. Adiya turned to look out the window and saw that the sun was finishing setting. Then she turned back to Karina. “Oh, mother. I tried to come faster but I couldn’t in Reyna’s territory because of her magic. After I was out, I couldn’t focus enough. I just ran, I’m sorry mother. You have to leave now before she gets here.” Rumbled Karina.

“But I’m already here.” Stated Reyna’s voice as she appeared in the middle of the room facing them. It was too late, Reyna had came to end it before it was started, she came to end their mother's life.

Karina stood up in front of her mother with her arms out at her sides. “No, no Reyna. I will not let you kill her. I won’t let you!” exclaimed Karina.

“Karina just stand aside.” Ordered Reyna.

Karina shook her head quickly. Adiya stood up and moved in front of Karina. “What is this all about?” asked Adiya. “Do you really hate me that much to kill me?”

“I don’t hate you, mother, just your ways. It is time for some changes.” Stated Reyna.

“So you are going to kill me for that?” questioned Adiya.

“If I have too, I will do what I must.”

“What if I let you do this, will you still kill me?” questioned Adiya.

“Oh, you would never do that. To upset the great balance of light and dark. To kill helpless people, you wouldn’t just let me.” Stated Reyna.

“You’re right, my daughter. I couldn’t just let you do all of this. I know that this is wrong. But tell me this, why do you want to? What is in your mind to make you do this?”

“Nothing that I don’t want there. A blood of an angel and the blood of the devil, you would say. Light and dark but it can’t be balanced within someone, you know that. One has to win, the dark has won.” Explained Reyna.

“But you were balanced as a child, what has happened to my little girl?”

“Shut up!” screamed Reyna. “You die here and so does your rule over this world and so starts mine.” As Reyna’s dagger appeared in her hand. Reyna ran toward her with the dagger as Karina screamed. Adiya grabbed Reyna’s wrist stopping her before she could reach her.

“Child, learn something here and now before it is too late for you. A balance is in everyone and it shows strength to have it. I may be of light but I have darkness too, deep inside of me. You don’t really want to kill me and I don’t want to have to kill you. But I will sacrifice your life for the safetly of this world. Remember that, child.” Explained Adiya in a strict, cold voice. As she pushed Reyna away from her.

Then people in dark armor poured into the Adiya’s room. “I don’t fight alone here.” Stated Reyna. “I have many that want my ways to rule.”

“People that will turn on you in the end, they can’t be trusted because they only care about what is best for them. But I will not be fighting alone, I will go collect my fighters.” Said Adiya.

“Caleb has already sided with me. It is all up to Karina to choose if she lives with me or dies with you.” Stated Reyna.

“She will live either way.” Said Adiya then looked down at Karina beside of her.

“Karina, my sister, come with me, you know what is going to happen don't fight it.” Said Reyna.

“But Karina just moved her hand into Adiya’s hand. “I think she has decided against you.” Stated Adiya.

“Never!” yelled Reyna. “Get them!” she ordered her a warriors. But before they could do anything with a huge, bright flash of light. Adiya and Karina disappeared into thin air. “No!” yelled Reyna. “So you show how weak you are. You are nothing. But I will find you, you can’t hide from me, mother! I will kill you!” then she turned to her warriors. “The castle is ours. Time to start my rule, search the castle and kill all members of my mother’s way.” Then the warriors cheered as they all cleared out of the room.

“Now is the time that the dark has been waiting for. It’s been hiding so long in the bright light. But now the light has gone out and only the dark is here to rule.” quoted Reyna with a grin as she stormed out of the room.

 

Adiya and Karina suddenly appeared in an ancient stone room, empty for years of not one soul living there. Vines and ivy wrapped around the massive pillars that lined down either side of the room. But still even if no souls lived there torches lit lined the walls and pillars as if they had never burned out. Lighting up the whole room, Karina’s eyes led down to the end of the room to a statue as tall as the room. A statue of a woman standing in a flowing dress, so real it looked to be like she was a real person just frozen in stone.

“Where are we mother?” asked Karina as her eyes continued to search the room never seeing a temple like this before in her life.

“Temple of the Elements, a temple that I lived atas a child. I always felt safe here and now I know that we will be safe here. Reyna won’t be able to find us here, the Elements protect this place.” Explained Adiya as she turned to the statue walking closer to it. Studying it in amazement like the first time she saw it as a child. Then she kneeled down in front of it, Karina walked up behind her. After a moment Adiya slowly stood up to her feet.

“What is the plan, mother? What are you going to do?” asked Karina concerned.

“My plan is to find four girls and train them to fight Reyna.” Stated Adiya.

“Only four girls! Reyna got a whole army of warriors at her fingertips of who knows how many of them. How can just four girls beat Reyna?!” exclaimed Karina.

“They’re going to be special girls, girls that are going to receive the power of the elements. Earth, Fire, Water, and Air, all of them together can defeat Reyna.” Explained Adiya.

“How can you be so sure about it?” asked Karina.

“Trust me, some of my oldest friends told me so.” Said Adiya as she looked up then back down to Karina with a smile, she knew that she had the greatest powers on her side now. It was just a matter of time and those girls will destory Reyna and the darkness from the world. Everything was going to go right this time around.

“But do you even know where they are?” asked Karina.

“Yes I do and this will help us.” Stated Adiya as she pulled her mirror out of the leather bag around her shoulder. Adiya touched the surface of it as it rippled like water.

 

 



© 2009 Justine Snyder


My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

141 Views
Added on July 13, 2009


Author

Justine Snyder
Justine Snyder

Lehighton, PA



About
I have been writing as long as I remember, I have years of journals for events in my life and thinks about everything and anything around me. Most of the time, I'm in my own world, I have been told th.. more..

Writing
Chapter 1 Chapter 1

A Chapter by Justine Snyder