Page 10

Page 10

A Chapter by InterijentoWrites

24 Hours Later

 

Elle’s eyes slowly fluttered open. A blanket was pulled up around her shoulders, and her head throbbed as she pulled it back, sitting up. What happened? She looked around but there was no one in the room. Conley should have been next to her, but he was gone. Him, his bed, everything. She, and the bed she lay in, were the only thing in the room. How long have I been out? Where’s Conley?

 

Then, out of the corner of her eye, she saw a piece of paper taped to the door. She groaned as she hoisted herself out of the bed. She carefully walked over to the door, leaning against the wall for support; if she fell and hit her head again, she wasn’t sure if she could handle that. She took the note off the door; it wasn’t in Conley’s writing. It was Bryan’s. She sighed, looking over the note;

 

Dear Elle,

 

Don’t worry; your beloved isn’t dead. He’s slipped back into his coma, though his health is dwindling. I will need your utmost patience in this process, if you want the anecdote. If you don’t comply, his awakening may have been his last. Meet me in the field, and we will see if you’re worthy.

 

Elle crumbled to the ground, the note landing on the floor in front of her. She held her head in her hands, and tears dripped down her arms and onto the paper. “Why…” She whispered through her sobs. “Why there?” She asked.

 

Bryan was calling their meeting to be at the field where this had all begun; where the blast of power had nearly killed Conley. Elle hadn’t been there since the incident. She had avoided it at all costs. She had left because she didn’t want to go there. And during her past years away, she was almost entirely sure that Bryan had caused the blast. She had no idea what Bryan was capable of.

 

Elle wiped her cheeks with the back of her hand, sighing. If she couldn’t have the power on her side, she would at least arrive with pride.

 

She picked herself up off the ground, and walked over to where she had spent God knows how long, and pulled her jacket on over her shoulders. “Conley, I hope you have my back.” She said softly as she walked out of the hospital room. The guard who had brought her into the hospital was nowhere in sight; she figured he would be waiting for her. Even Conley’s doctor or nurse weren’t anywhere to be found.

 

Sighing, she held her head high and walked out of the hospital, making her way over to the field. 



© 2011 InterijentoWrites


Author's Note

InterijentoWrites
Everyone seems to like this page. Besides page 1, it is the most viewed page.

My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Featured Review




Reviews

Ah. I deleted someone's review. It was displayed twice. I deleted the double, but now they're both gone.

Posted 12 Years Ago



Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

188 Views
2 Reviews
Rating
Added on December 5, 2011
Last Updated on December 7, 2011


Author

InterijentoWrites
InterijentoWrites

Racine, WI



About
My name is Tresa. I am 17 years old. I have been writing for 10 years. I am currently in the progress of writing a novella, called Elizabeth May Charles. Also, I know a lot of you have reviewed my .. more..

Writing
Elle Elle

A Story by InterijentoWrites


One One

A Chapter by InterijentoWrites