Page 14

Page 14

A Chapter by InterijentoWrites

Elle and Emily sat in the living room of the mansion. “You seem to have done yourself well.” Elle said as she looked around. There were extravagant paints covering the walls, and expensive furniture. A hint of wood could be sensed in the air, and it came from the wood that was under Elle’s feet. She smiled, and Emily laughed slightly.

 

“Yea. Working at the research lab for all those years did me well.”

 

Elle nodded at the mention of the lab. “Emily, that’s why Im here.” Emily looked confused.

 

“Because of my job?” Elle shook her head.

 

“No. Because of Conley.” She said, and Emily’s eyes darkened with sadness.

 

“I haven’t heard anything about him, Elle, if that’s why you’re here.” Elle shook her head.

 

“No. Im here because of Bryan. He has an anecdote. Ive seen it work. I talked to Conley less than 48 hours ago. He was brought out of the coma with vapomine. And Bryan took him from the hospital, and is keeping him alive with small doses of the anecdote. Conley’s in the coma, alive, but not conscious.”

 

A new wave of tears drowned Emily; she held her head in her hands, and her shoulders shook. Emily had been enraged by Bryan’s evil nature. He had hidden that part of him from her all through their relationship. Elle hadn’t told Emily, because she had thought Bryan had left that behind.

 

Elle stood and walked over to where Emily sat; she rubbed Emily’s shoulders as they shook violently. “I-I cant believe I left him behind. I cant believe I moved on, Elle.” Elle nodded in understanding.

 

“I know. The point is, you’re willing to help. You’ve been trying to for years. And now, you can.” Emily looked up at Elle.

 

“How? Im useless.”

 

Elle shook her head. “I need you to find Bryan for me. He and I were in the field. Conley somehow gave me back my element while Bryan and I were fighting, and Bryan vanished; ran away. He knew he was outnumbered. I need you to find him, and come with me to wherever he is. Ill need all the help I can get.”

 

“Mommy?”

 

Elle turned at the sound of a small child; she had brown curly hair, and couldn’t be any older than 4. “Oh my.” Elle whispered. Emily stood and went to pick up the child.

 

“Why aren’t you napping?”

 

“I heard the door.” The child said softly. Emily kissed the child’s head, then looked to Elle.

 

“I don’t know if I can go with, but I can find him for you, Elle.” 



© 2012 InterijentoWrites


My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

195 Views
Added on December 7, 2011
Last Updated on January 3, 2012


Author

InterijentoWrites
InterijentoWrites

Racine, WI



About
My name is Tresa. I am 17 years old. I have been writing for 10 years. I am currently in the progress of writing a novella, called Elizabeth May Charles. Also, I know a lot of you have reviewed my .. more..

Writing
Elle Elle

A Story by InterijentoWrites


One One

A Chapter by InterijentoWrites