Page 30

Page 30

A Chapter by InterijentoWrites

Elle stared at Conley in disbelief. "No. You're joking." She said, her voice distant, miles away from her. Her mind was racing. Her soul begged Conley to be joking, but her mind knew he was serious. Her brain was smart enough to know that Conley wouldn't joke about such a cruel thing.

 

Conley watched her, waiting for her to acknowledge what he had said, but there wasnt enough time.

 

Troy re-entered the room, walking over and taking the place of Conley, who vanished as though Troy had sat on him. Elle still stared off in space, as if looking beyond what was in the room. And she truly was. Her mind was off in the depths of despair. Her mind couldnt function.

 

"Elizabeth. Im sorry I walked out. Its just a lot for me to handle. I-i didnt realize you were still thinking about him."

 

Elle didnt respond. She continued to stare off behind Troy.

 

He turned, looking behind him, eyeing the space carefully, then turning back to Elle. "Is he here?" He asked her.

 

Elle shook her head from side to side. "No... but he was, before you came back."

 

Troy eyed her carefully, now fully convinced that Elle was crazy. "Maybe we should call the doctor in here, ask him to evaluate you." He said, his tone cautious, as though he were in the presence of a crazy person.

 

"You dont believe me." She said, finally looking at Troy. "He was here. He sat on the bed where you're sitting now. He's here because Bryan is still alive." She said, her voice weak with fear, shaking as the words left her very own lips.

 

"What do you mean, Bryan's still alive?"

 

"I dont mean! Conley does!"

 

Troy rose from the bed and went into the hallway. After a few moments, he came back with a doctor. The doctor approached Elle guardedly. "Elizabeth? Your fiancée tells me that you're seeing your deceased partner?" He asked, approaching the bed and taking her temperature, then listening to her heart and lungs.

 

Elle simply nodded. "He was here. He told me that my supposedly deceased brother is still alive, too." 



© 2012 InterijentoWrites


My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

166 Views
Added on January 3, 2012
Last Updated on January 3, 2012


Author

InterijentoWrites
InterijentoWrites

Racine, WI



About
My name is Tresa. I am 17 years old. I have been writing for 10 years. I am currently in the progress of writing a novella, called Elizabeth May Charles. Also, I know a lot of you have reviewed my .. more..

Writing
Elle Elle

A Story by InterijentoWrites


One One

A Chapter by InterijentoWrites