Page 23

Page 23

A Chapter by InterijentoWrites

To Elle’s relief, Emily was out of surgery before Conley was. The nurse let Elle know that Conley was in worse condition than they had originally thought, and it was going to be several more hours.

 

Emily was awake within the hour, and Elle went to see her. She sat beside her bed, taking her small hand. “Emily, I’m so sorry.” She whispered. “I didn’t know it was a set up.”

 

Emily shook her head. “It was Bryan who came back. He said he had sent someone in to do the dirty work the first time around, and then came back to finish Conley off. He must have shot him at least ten more times.” She paused for a moment, letting it soak into Elle’s brain.

 

Elle’s jaw nearly dropped, and her vision began to fog. Her head collapsed onto the bed, and Emily touched her hair softly. “It’s alright- you didn’t know.” She said softly. Elle just lay there, shaking her head back and forth.

 

“He was in awful shape- I don’t think Bryan will make it, especially if he doesn’t seek medical attention. I let the nurse who took care of me when I came in know what he looked like. She assured me she would alert all the local hospitals and police departments. If he comes in to be treated, he will be arrested.”

 

Even though that should have lightened Elle’s mood, it didn’t. Bryan would die before he resorted to seeking medical attention. And he couldn’t heal himself; Elle had his power.

 

Elle must have cried for an hour before she fell asleep, slumped over on Emily’s bed. Emily soon fell asleep too until a nurse entered the room. Emily woke, and Elle did not. The woman was stuck with grief. Emily put her hand to her mouth, and the woman simply shook her head. “Oh my-“ Emily began; soft sobs began to erupt in the back of her throat, muffled by her hand.

 

“Oh, Elle.” She said softly. Elle’s eyes fluttered open. When she saw Emily’s face, and the tears on her cheeks, she shot up from the bed, looking to the nurse. “N-no.” She said softly, and the woman nodded gently.

 

“I’m so sorry for your loss.”

 

“Oh no!” Elle screamed, falling to the floor. Her screams echoed throughout the hospital halls as she dropped to her hands and knees. “Bryan!” She yelled at the ceiling, as though he could hear her. “I hope you rot in Hell!”

 

Emily stared in disbelief as Elle continued on. Eventually, the psych ward had to admit her. 



© 2011 InterijentoWrites


Author's Note

InterijentoWrites
How do you all predict it will continue from here?
I may change the ending up a bit, add more detail. I wrote this at like midnight just so I could get it done and move on.

My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

213 Views
Added on December 8, 2011
Last Updated on December 8, 2011


Author

InterijentoWrites
InterijentoWrites

Racine, WI



About
My name is Tresa. I am 17 years old. I have been writing for 10 years. I am currently in the progress of writing a novella, called Elizabeth May Charles. Also, I know a lot of you have reviewed my .. more..

Writing
Elle Elle

A Story by InterijentoWrites


One One

A Chapter by InterijentoWrites