A Room I've Never Seen Before

A Room I've Never Seen Before

A Chapter by HerUnknownLife
"

I wake up in a room I don't recognize and I can't move, talk or see anything. I am scared I have lost my memory so I don't remember what happened. Help me!

"

Woah wait, that's not the color of my ceiling. Where am I? I look around the room, everything is white and bright. Why can't I see anything? I try to lift up my arm, but it won't move. What's going on, why can't I move? I feel someone's presence in the room. The person is staring at me. I try to speak, but nothing comes out of my mouth when I open it.

The person walks up to me and says, "Don't try to move or speak. You are still too weak, and if you try to move you could hurt yourself even more." Why am I too weak? What happened to me? I try to think back, to see if I remember what happened.

"You are probably wondering where you are, why you are here, and what happened to you. I'll tell you right now. You are in a special hospital for special patients. You are here because you have very special blood and some other stuff that you will figure out later in life. I am the same as you. The reason why you are weak and can't speak is because you got into a huge car crash and before that, you were beaten up by one of our enemies. The enemy beat you up pretty bad and one of our allies found you lying in an alleyway. You had bruises all over your body from that. I have no idea, how you got into a fight with that guy. Then, while our ally was driving you here, an eighteen wheeler truck and two other cars swerved on the highway on a huge patch of black ice. All of the cars and the truck ran into the car you were in and almost killed you. The driver was killed, which is too bad. Oh yea, you probably can't see anything. The doctors say that you might have lost your eyesight in the car crash. Well, that's all I can tell you." That's all the mystery person said to me. I didn't even know if it had been a guy or a girl

Wait, did that person who was talking to me say that I have special blood? What is that supposed to mean? Didn't they say after that there are more special things about me that I'll figure out later in life? How in the heck am I special? I don't even know my real family. I don't even remember my name.

Interrupting my train of thought, the person in the room says to me, "Dang it! I forgot to introduce myself. My name is Jarod Mink, but you can call me Jarod. I was one of your Dad's old friends. You probably don't even remember your parents.That doesn't really matter now. You have lost most of your memory. Just in case you've forgotten your name, I'll tell you. Your name is Alexandra Mear and you are 16 years old and you usually live with your grandmother. The lady that you think is your grandmother is actually not your real grandmother, but is actually my friend's mom. My friend died a few years ago. If you still had your memory, you would think that he was your brother, but he was not. Before your parents left and went missing, they entrusted you to my friend’s mother where they knew that you'd be taken care of. Wow, I have said a lot! I am going to go into the other room so you can rest a little."

Before this happened I was living with someone that I thought that I was related to, but I wasn't. I wonder why my parents left me and didn't take me with them? I try to move again, but a pain shot up my whole body so I couldn't move even an inch off the bed. How long is it going to take me to get better so I can move again? Jarod put a hand on my shoulder and I felt him sit on my bed. I could tell that he was staring right at me. I wish I could see him.

"Please don't move," he says and I feel him rub my cheek. It made me feel really awkward. What is he thinking, rubbing my cheek as if we knew each other for a long time and were in love or something?  

As if he could read my thoughts, he took his hand off my face really quickly and says, "Sorry I got carried away. You look so much like your mother it's incredible. I don't know why I am going to tell you this, but I had a huge crush on your mother even though I am like like 11 years younger than her. When she left, I was 12 years old and she was 23 years old. Your father was 25 years old. Well, your father and I were more like brothers than friends. He always took care of me when I was little, but when we got older we became really good friends. Your mom and I were pretty good friends too. I was really upset with them when they said they were leaving and not taking you. They told me to check on you once in awhile to see if you were getting taken care of and if you were doing well. I am sorry that I never came by to visit you when you were little. I regret not seeing you. I didn't check on you because I was mad at your parents. I know that's not a good reason. I hope you forgive me. I want to get to know you when you get better and you will probably stay at my house for a little while after you get out of here. You'll have to stay at my house so I can help you with things and to make sure you are alright."

Wow, this guy likes to talk. Hmmm.... So I look like my mother and that's why he was touching my cheek. I still don't like that he did that. I wish I could have moved so I could slap him, but even if I could I would have probably been in shock so couldn't have slapped him. I wonder why he told me that he had a huge crush on my mom when he was younger and when she was around. I wish he did check up on me every so often so I could have asked him stories about my parents. He seems pretty nice. I know that his reason for not coming and seeing me is not a good reason, but I understand what he is going through. He probably didn't want to meet me because I probably would have reminded him of my mother.


© 2017 HerUnknownLife


My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Featured Review




Reviews


Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

224 Views
1 Review
Rating
Added on March 13, 2015
Last Updated on May 19, 2017
Tags: Room, lost, memory, scared


Author

HerUnknownLife
HerUnknownLife

ME



About
I'm a 16 year old writer. x in process of rewriting this x more..

Writing