The Secrets and Special Abilities

The Secrets and Special Abilities

A Chapter by HerUnknownLife
"

I wake up and I find out I can't sit up. I have a table laying over my lap with breakfast on it. I wonder who made this for me. I meet a new ally named Claire. I guess she was one of my mom's old buds

"

I wake up and try to sit up, but I can't. I feel a table of some sort laid over my lap. I feel around and there is an apple and I think I feel a piece of toast. There is a glass of something.

"Oh, you’re awake. Good morning! I fixed you some breakfast. I hope you like it," Jarod says to me.

"Thanks! Can you tell me what you fixed for me? I might need help eating," I say.

"Oh, I totally forgot that you are blind now. I fixed you some cinnamon and sugar toast, and I got you an apple and a glass of orange juice. If you want anything else you can tell me," he says to me. I find the glass of orange juice and pick it up and bring it up to my lips. I take a sip. Mmmm..... It's cold and refreshing. It's the right kind. Not a lot of pulp. I hear someone else walk in the room. Hmmm... I wonder who that is? Jarod is not acting like it's an enemy, so it must be a doctor or an ally.

I take the glass away from my lips and say, "Hi! What's your name?"

"Woah, how did you know I was a new person in the room?" The other person asks me.

"Remember she has the special ability, Claire. She can feel and hear the presence of someone before anyone else can. She gets it from her mother. Then she gets other special abilities from her dad," Jarod replies for me. Special abilities? What special abilities? I get the abilities from my parents that I don't even know. I guess it's in my DNA.

"I forgot that her mother had that ability. I miss having her mother around. She was my best friend. I know that you and Angelica were closer than she and I were. I think everyone knew that you had a huge crush on her except for her. I think if Alexandra's father didn't come along and marry Angelica, it probably would have been you. She liked you. I could tell. She used to talk about you all the time when we were together. She just didn't want to admit it. I was jealous that you liked her instead of me. I had a crush on you. Back then, you pretty much never paid any attention to me. I probably have said too much," Claire says to Jarod.

"Who's Angelica and what special abilities?" I yell to get their attention.

"Your mother's name was Angelica. I don't really want to get into that discussion right now. You need to heal. Wait, Claire, you liked me? I used to think you hated me because you would glare at me whenever I got close to you. You should have told me," Jarod says. I try to find the piece of toast. Jarod sees me struggling and he grabs my hand gently places it on the toast. I pick it up and take a bite.

"Wow, you two look like you are getting along very well. Hehe! I think someone has fallen in love with the daughter of his first love. You two would look so cute together. And didn't I hear that she is going to stay at your house for a little while, Jarod?" Claire asks Jarod.

"Yea, we are getting along pretty good. It's nothing like that, though. I have not fallen in love with my first love’s daughter. Yes, she is going to stay at my house after this for a little while, so I can help her with stuff and get her used to being blind," Jarod says. I can tell he is flustered. I eat the last bite of the toast. That was a really good piece of toast.

"The cinnamon and sugar toast was delicious. Thanks! Claire, I don't like him more than a friend. That would be weird if I did," I say to them.

"That's good. I hoped it was going to be delicious," he says to me as walks over to my bed. He touches my lip with his hand and wipes something off and says to Claire, “I only like her as a friend.”

"Uhh... Sorry, there was uh... a crumb on your lip," Jarod says to me all flustered. I blush, and I can tell that he is staring right at me.

"Yea, you two are totally not in love. Would friends be staring at each other and blushing? I know you are blind, Alexandra, so it doesn't really matter what you do with your eyes. Jarod is looking at you like he is about to kiss you on the lips," Claire says.

"We are not in love. I thought she was just so cute lying there blushing. I just couldn't stop looking at her and I was not about to kiss her on the lips. I totally forgot to introduce you to her. Dang, it! Alexandra this is Claire. She is one of our allies. She is one of my good friends. She was also one of your mom's good friends," Jarod says.

"Hi, Alexandra! He can be so rude sometimes. Has he done anything to you? I am not meaning like the really bad stuff. He would never do that. He is not into that kind of stuff. Why am I telling you this? I forget where I was going with this. Oh, yea! I am talking about staring at you randomly," Claire says to me.

"Hello I am standing right here, " Jarod says. Claire ignores him and walks up to my bed and sits on the end of it.

"Well, he did put his hand on my cheek and he said he got carried away. He said I looked like my mother. I wanted to slap him, but I wasn’t able to move yet. I didn’t wanna slap him because he said I looked like my mother. I wanted to slap him because he put his hand on my cheek," I reply.

"Really, he did touch you? I can believe it. He does things like that sometimes. He's even done it to me. I am really sorry that he did that," Claire says to me.

"Yea, he did. He did it to you? I forgave him after he said he was sorry," I say.

"Ok and he has almost kissed me, but I pushed him away. Well, I got to go and check on the other patients. Jarod, don't forget to go to the funeral for the poor guy that was killed in the car crash," Claire says as she walks out the door. Other patients? There are other patients. Well, of course, there are. We are in a hospital after all.

"I won't forget. I am sorry about all that, Alexandra. She got me thinking. Do you really only just like me as a friend? I am fine if you say yes. It's just I might like you more," he says to me.

"It's fine, it was nice talking to her. Yea, I only like you as a friend. You like me more than a friend? I thought you said you didn't," I say flustered. He walks up to my bed, and I can feel him leaning over me. I feel something sort of wet on my cheek. Wait, did he just kiss me on the cheek? And I blush.

"Aww! I wish you liked me more and yes I do like you more than a friend. I am sorry that I kissed you on the cheek. I couldn't help it. I guess Claire was right that I was about to kiss you on the lips back then," he says to me in a sad voice. Was he about to kiss me on the lips after he got the crumb off my mouth? Maybe I do like him? My heart is pounding faster than usual. I can't like him. I don't have time to like someone.

"Oh umm..... Can I be left alone for a bit? I need time to be alone," I ask him.

"Yea, you can. I hope I didn't make you feel awkward," he says as he walks to the door. "I'll be in the other room. Yell if you need anything," he says as he waves and walks out the door. There I am alone. My heartbeat is back to normal. What am I going to do?



© 2017 HerUnknownLife


Author's Note

HerUnknownLife
Please tell me if there are any errors that I need to fix.

My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

136 Views
Added on March 19, 2015
Last Updated on May 19, 2017
Tags: Waking up, mother, secrets, love, abilities, special


Author

HerUnknownLife
HerUnknownLife

ME



About
I'm a 16 year old writer. x in process of rewriting this x more..

Writing