Execution of the Procreator

Execution of the Procreator

A Chapter by Natalie C and Gary H Collaborative Writings
"

Times pass on and Jonathan grows into a man suffering from memories that haunt him.

"
Me


The brightness of the English summer sun peered seducingly into the bedroom. There was only a small gap between the window drapes allowing a shard of light to creep it's way onto the double bed and shine between the two bodies. One stired, restless, still wanting sleep, nervous of the new day ahead, the other lay still. Jonathan carefully slipped out of bed, he was naked and felt this way to the world. His dressing gown provided little warmth as he moved to the bathroom to begin his morning routine. Splashing water on his face, he looked closely into the bathroom mirror. The scar was still there, just to the right of his cheekbone. He suddered as he remembered where it came from and quickly covered his face with shaving foam, a razor hopefully to vanquish the memory. Finishing shaving, he looked again and saw the scar remained. Everyday he repeated this and wished that scar to disappear.

Samantha turned to face her husband and realised he was no longer there. Instead he was replaced by the brightness of the sun on her face. She tried to grumble a 'Where are you?' but words failed her, caught by a cough brought on by one to many cigarettes over the past few nights. Samantha knew she wanted to stop but there was something about her husband that worried her, something that she wanted to deal with but wasn't sure how, something that increased the need to sit at the kitchen table to ponder, whilst smoke rises in clouds above her head. Crumpling up more of the half deserted duvet and hiding her head beneath the pillows she tried to go back to sleep. She had dreamed of a better world and wanted to continue there but knew that this wouldn't last and her life would begin again the same way as always when she finally awoke properly.

Jonathan was still in the bathroom, inspecting his scar. He knew that this hideous mark would always be with him, no matter what he did. He wouldn�t have minded so much if it was just a scar however this was not, this was his mark of darkness, a reminder of something that was haunting him. Moving closer to the mirror, he noticed that the scar was becoming visibly red and swollen. Touching lightly with his fingers, he felt a familiar sensation.

�That time again?� he wondered, avoiding the gaze of his mirror image. Instead he nervously opened the window looking out, scanning the skies for a tell tale sign to confirm his suspicions.

�Jonathan, are you ever going to get out of the bathroom?� Samantha yelled annoyed with her husband, who seemed to be taking his time that morning.

�In a minute, hun� he quickly answered, trying to silently close the window.

�Why don�t you go downstairs and put the kettle on while I am finishing up so that I can make us some coffee?� he said hoping to buy some time. Frantically he then started rummaging through the medicine cabinet.

�Where did I put them?� he wondered moving around the bottles of pills back and forth.

�Ah, here they are� he sighed, relieved, staring at the amber coloured bottle in his hand that had found it's way to the back of the cabinet. This had no name or label and no questions were ever asked. These were far too personal and even now he could no longer remember why he had originally been made to take them. However those that had looked after him had insisted and were always there when he needed more. Slowly he twisted the cap around wishing that this wasn�t necessary. He hated what he was doing to Samantha, however, there was no choice. Their being together was far from perfect and becoming unstable. He didn�t want to expose her to something he had no answer for and make the situation worse. He put two pills to his mouth, half wretching, half needing to feel them enter into his body but this time Jonathan had been too late.

The memories came back of the night he found his mother laying naked on the bed. Jonathan had gazed upon her face. That image was forever embedded in his head as he recalled vividly her staring eyes, shocked, looking into his. This though was not to haunt him. Instead he questioned whether that look had appeared before or after he had entered the room. On a restless stormy night a floating mist had carried Jonathan from his bed into his mothers presence. Without doubt she had never wanted him there, not in the room where her 'boyfriends' frequented so rapidly. Being there on that bed had frightened him. Jonathan couldn't move. He felt a sickness rise as he studied that sudden slice deep across her neck and wondered if that had been the moment her expression changed one last time. His mother had wanted the warmth of another man. Instead she became slowly consumed by the flowing crimson of her own hot and sticky blood. Her head lay uselessly disconnected from the torso. Jonathon looked closely at her lips as though she was about to speak, wondering what that mouth had been about to say. Neither of them would ever know.

That evening there were no visitors to the house only the darkness. Lillith watched in the background as Jonathon lay beside the dead body staining himself in his mothers blood. He placed an arm around the headless torso and cried, scared of what would happen next. Lillith had no sympathy for this woman who had alerted her to the presence of the boy. She could have no further place to meddle in this world as she sought to find Djinn. Lillith had no desire to meet her brother until she was the most powerful demon and could destroy him with a touch of her hand. Also she wanted to make her presence felt. Now the one that Djinn had made love to was dead by her own hand.

'Look little boy,' she whispered, 'Look and learn. This is what will happen if anyone meddles in my business. Go on, lay in the blood of your mother, the one who never loved you. You cry, why? Your destiny is so much greater than a mere humans now you are at my mercy!'

Lillith faded away as she became aware of the others watching her. Even though they could not see they could feel and would alert Djinn. The Dark Monks were his followers. Lillith had sealed their eyelashes when she had banished Djinn from the Kingdom. They pursued him with laughter in their ears as they had now been rendered virtually useless in helping him fight her evil. Her army could destroy them in seconds but for now she waited. Time was on her side and she now had the opportunity to play however she wanted. Her lust for chaos was only just beginning in Jonathan's life. This lust would end in Djinn's death.

'Coffee's ready darling', shouted Samantha amazed that her husband was still in the bathroom. Hearing no reply she went back up the staircase angrily then saw the bathroom door half open with Jonathan's unconscious body on the floor. He had managed to put his pills away in the cupboard before falling into a daze as the memories came back. Samantha splashed his face with water then listened for a heartbeat. There was something there and as she touched his face, he came back to life.

'Where am I?' Jonathan said as he now saw Samantha trying to revive him. Her anger changed to affection for the man she felt so close to.

'Don't worry about anything, I am here with you now', she replied earnestly.


© 2008 Natalie C and Gary H Collaborative Writings


Author's Note

Natalie C and Gary H Collaborative Writings
The last chapter was an end to part of Jonathan's life. Now we are moving onto the main story. Hope this makes some kind of sense now.

My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Featured Review

I`m not expert in writing but your work seems too explicit without actually going anywhere. One minute you say he`s naked then you say he gets no warmth from his dressing gown.
I didnt grasp the connection between the sunshine and the word seductive.
I wouldnt try to explain to much of the book on the first page, slowly slide into the story, dropping snippets of information as you go.
Look forward to reading the rest.

Posted 16 Years Ago


4 of 4 people found this review constructive.




Reviews

This makes sense, especially with Jonathan's flashback of his mother's death.

You alluded to this change in the last chapter, the change of the main character to Jonathan when you made mention of Celestine as "Jonathan's mother".

This chapter definately makes the change complete - complete from boyhood to adulthood with Jonathan and completes the departure of Celestine.

I like how Lillith appears in thes chapters so far, she's there, but she is the darkest of all for the moment, still a silent observer of sorts, hoping to manipulate the outcome to suit her.

Well done!!

Posted 15 Years Ago


2 of 2 people found this review constructive.

lol, well, forgive me, but i must agree with the rest of the folks here. It does seem a bit too fast as conclusions arise with the characters' demises. I would work on those parts (maybe put a chapter for each if ya want). Also wasnt sure if the good or evil in John's soul has died away. In another words; i know he's the devil's son, and 1/2 evil is in him, and 1/2 good is in him, i guess. Im just not sure what half of him was killed. I hope i got that part right lol. But, id work on these parts, and slow things down a bit. Other than that, i commend you guys on your teamwork!

B.A.

Posted 15 Years Ago


2 of 2 people found this review constructive.

The memories of the neighbouring room are strong, as are our memories of the beach. And the headless torso mother, the expression and the blood are overwhelming. But the strongest aspect of this is the way we know that no good is going to come to Samantha. And the last line is especially strong. And I feel quite sorry for J who is after all an innocent filled with forces beyond him. If you substitute mental illness for demons the story has real meaning as many people are dogged by their parents' flaws. You still have my curiosity.

Posted 16 Years Ago


3 of 3 people found this review constructive.

It does make some kind of sense though it is a big leap from the previous chapter to this one. You have left the mystery of the sercurity guards badge, and how it was her undoing unanswered. It is a good chapter but it feels as if there should be something between the two, a kind of interlude of the passing years. Not too much detail just a brief description of how he grew up, who raised him after his Mother's death? Just a few questions that need answers I think. This chapter doesn't really explain alot, except that he is grown, married and his Mother is dead. It just seems that the leap between the two chapters is just a little too wide. Maybe that is just me though. I like the storyline and the direction it is taking is making the reader want to read and know more so it is going well. The description is well done though a little vague in places, such as his appearance, what kind of home does he live in? Is it a rich home, a poor home or just a basic everyday place. I only ask because I wonder if having a Dijin as his Father has helped him anyway in his life and luck, you know with money and things. It just seems that most people that have a demon for a Father are always pretty well off, boringly so. It is well written though and I am looking forward to reading more. XX

Posted 16 Years Ago


4 of 4 people found this review constructive.

wow so celeste is dead huh? well this totally blew me away, i loved it. great detail and description, they flow so well together and they unveil in my head like a movie. well done to you both i can't wait to see what happens to Johnathon in the end and what Lilith's plan for him is. hurry with the next chapter already!! :D

Posted 16 Years Ago


4 of 4 people found this review constructive.

I`m not expert in writing but your work seems too explicit without actually going anywhere. One minute you say he`s naked then you say he gets no warmth from his dressing gown.
I didnt grasp the connection between the sunshine and the word seductive.
I wouldnt try to explain to much of the book on the first page, slowly slide into the story, dropping snippets of information as you go.
Look forward to reading the rest.

Posted 16 Years Ago


4 of 4 people found this review constructive.


Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

429 Views
6 Reviews
Rating
Added on April 23, 2008
Last Updated on April 23, 2008


Author

Natalie C and Gary H Collaborative Writings
Natalie C and Gary H Collaborative Writings

Both sides of the world



About
Our first story is now complete and we would love any comments so we can determine whether this venture has been successful as a first draft or whether we should go back to the drawing board. .. more..

Writing