Exploration of Instinct

Exploration of Instinct

A Chapter by Natalie C and Gary H Collaborative Writings
"

As Samantha leaves, Lillith waits to capture Jonathan's seed.

"
Photobucket


When the day came for her to leave him, she was ready. Samantha had seen enough and quickly moved in with a close friend, Robert. He was gay and had never been a close friend of Jonathan. Jealousy raged between the two of them over how they treated Samantha. Whilst they both saw love, they had different ways of showing it to her and she sent mixed signals to both of them in an attempt to satisfy them both. Robert was ecstatic about the move, desperate to let Jonathan know that he had won a battle between them. Of course he didn't really know what was going on. All he knew was his friend wanted to stay with him now and this gave the opportunity to flirt as much as he could with her. They would never have a proper relationship but he knew he could trust her and she could trust him.

Jonathan knew that once Samantha had gone she would be safe. Begrudgingly he knew where she was but as long as she was away from him and the demons that were trying to take his soul, he believed she would be fine. Lillith also knew where Samantha had gone. She had sent one of her minions to follow her movements. Lillith knew how crucial the seed was to her. She did not want anyone getting in the way. Although she was unsure of what to do with Jonathan after getting what she wanted, there was that destiny of power that took over for her. Control of the darkness beckoned and she felt so close now.....

----
�Don�t you want to tell me what this is all about, hun?� Robert asked, concerned after watching Samantha for an hour lighting one cigarette after an other. She turned away from the night outside the window and faced the dearest friend she knew. Robert had waited for much of the day until he felt that Samantha was more at ease with whatever had happened. They always had a very open relationship, more so than the one she had with her husband. They both understood that his being gay prevented closer feelings. There were never secrets between her and Robert but how was she going to explain to him what was troubling her mind?

Earlier that morning she had explained to Robert how she had fallen out with Jonathan and decided that they both needed some time apart. There had been past times when she had searched out her friend for some hope and faith so she knew he wouldn't be suspicious. Samantha was scared though. She loved Jonathan, excepting his sometimes strange ways and tried to understand. That night when she had watched him in the powers of something unknown had frightened her. Both of them knew what was going to happen next and neither had tried to prevent her leaving.

�Sam?� Robert caringly said, placing his arm around her shoulder, �you know I am always willing to listen.�

Samantha looked at him, smiling sweetly. Robert had always been such a caring compassionate person. He had so many traits about him that reminded her of Jonathan. She thought of him being a perfect husband but his choice of lifestyle obviously prevented this. He should have made a prospective bride very happy one day and, just maybe, she wished that she would have been his chosen one. His unspeakable eye for style was clearly visible in the house and in the way he dressed. Taking her gaze from the window she looked around her. Noticing a photograph of Micheal her thoughts changed and she remembered Robert as the man he was. He had a boundary that would never be stepped over by a woman and that was shown in his love and respect. That distance between them created a sense of longing in her. At this moment in time she ignored this and just treated him as a man she wanted close to her.

She found herself unknowingly staring at him, slowly scanning him all over. His honey blonde hair with darkish streaks were neatly combed with no strand ever out of place. He was always clean shaven, except for his little goatee, perfectly trimmed, which just seem to sensate his facial features so beautifully. However, his eyes first drew her towards him, so dark and mysterious that they made her fall in love instantly. She blushed, remembering the childlike crush she once had.

�Well that is all in the past now� she half smiled, not wanting Robert to ask the sudden thoughts that were now best kept to herself. She had more pressing issues to worry about now. Then suddenly she became aware of what she needed to do. Samantha had fallen for Lillith's ruse. Even though she was unaware of the witches presence in her life, Samantha had felt the darkness descend. On leaving Jonathon, he had agreed to her departure far too readily, almost as though he was resigned to what was going to happen next to him. Now she was questioning whether this forthright reaction by her was the right one. Jonathon was in danger. Althought Samantha had no idea what was going on, her sensory perception told her that she needed to go back, retrace her steps to the man she truly belonged to. She certainly didn't want to find Jonathon hurt in any way. As a pained vision of him came into her eyes she knew there was only one answer now.

�Robert, please take me home,� Samantha urgently asked, hoping that the vision wasn't true.

Robert looked at her, wanting to ask questions. He had wondered when something like this was going to happen. Knowing that Samantha had only brought her essential items to his home meant one of two things. Either this was a departure that had happened so suddenly there had not been time for more methodical thought or she had been planning on a short stay. He still wasn't completely sure but felt that maybe the haste in Samantha's actions could be kept under control for a while longer.

�Sam look at the time. Jonathan is probably sleeping by now� he said trying to convince her to stay but Samantha quickly grabbed her hand bag, making her way towards the door.

�Are you taking me or not?� she asked the question agressively, suddenly feeling that the clock needed to stop and time needed to be control in her hands.

�Ok hold on, just have to grab my keys,� he said running, trying to keep up with her.


© 2008 Natalie C and Gary H Collaborative Writings


Author's Note

Natalie C and Gary H Collaborative Writings
is there any tension in this part? that was the idea. maybe we could make this longer?

My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Featured Review

(I read it completely unaware of the fact it's a late chapter in an ongoing tale, not just a stand-alone read. So, forgive my ignorance, and please take this review as a sort of "outside looking in" deal.)

I was intrigued at the first paragraph, and hooked by the second. Understandably, i was confused, so that's probably why I had to drag my feet a bit in the middle of it, but everything else seemed to have tension.

Posted 15 Years Ago


5 of 5 people found this review constructive.




Reviews

I have to tell you, Samantha's desire to return sort of caught me by surprise and I thought that maybe I had missed something in the last chapter or two, but it makes sense.
It makes sense for both Jonathan and Samantha.
The agressiveness she shows towards her friend Robert shows her strength and maybe, just maybe she will be Jonathan's greatest strength in the coming chapters.

Well done!!

Posted 15 Years Ago


2 of 2 people found this review constructive.

Personally, I think this was the best chapter u guys made hehe. I really loved everything here. Everything seemed to flow very nicely from one thing to the next. That was superbly done. Great job!

B.A.

Posted 15 Years Ago


2 of 2 people found this review constructive.

I agree with Claudia on this one. There is very little tension and what there is doesn't come into it until very late in the chapter. This does have a sense of being rushed near the end. The beginning of the chapter are directed around her relationship with Robert and her thoughts on him, and that is good it does need that. But her feelings seem to jump suddenly from her desire for Robert to her worry over Johnathan. Maybe if you let that worry gather slowly, perhapsthoughts and visions of what she imagines is/could be happening to him now she is not there before she suddenly decides to go back.
Overall another good chapter, with a little work this could be great. The story is coming along very well, and it is interesting enough to keep the reader wanting more. Looking forward to seeing more. XX

Posted 15 Years Ago


4 of 4 people found this review constructive.

well not awhole lot of tension in this part. i mean you guys are basically just describing Robert and the relationship he and Samantha have. i think maybe you could make elaborate on Samantha's vison of Johnathan being in trouble, maybe describe her uneasiness or worry some more. that would give it a whole lot more tension. so yea you could make it a bit longer, you actually leave the reader curious as to what she's going to do when she goes back home and what she's going to find. can't wait for the next part, i'm really enjoying this story. :)

Posted 15 Years Ago


5 of 5 people found this review constructive.

(I read it completely unaware of the fact it's a late chapter in an ongoing tale, not just a stand-alone read. So, forgive my ignorance, and please take this review as a sort of "outside looking in" deal.)

I was intrigued at the first paragraph, and hooked by the second. Understandably, i was confused, so that's probably why I had to drag my feet a bit in the middle of it, but everything else seemed to have tension.

Posted 15 Years Ago


5 of 5 people found this review constructive.


Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

277 Views
5 Reviews
Rating
Shelved in 1 Library
Added on May 30, 2008


Author

Natalie C and Gary H Collaborative Writings
Natalie C and Gary H Collaborative Writings

Both sides of the world



About
Our first story is now complete and we would love any comments so we can determine whether this venture has been successful as a first draft or whether we should go back to the drawing board. .. more..

Writing