Climax on the Beach

Climax on the Beach

A Chapter by Natalie C and Gary H Collaborative Writings
"

Samantha gradually recovered from being knocked out by Jonathan then found her way to the beach.....

"
Photobucket


'Jonathan? Where are you? Whats happening?'

Samantha held her head, still feeling very weary. She reached the bathroom sink to splash water over her face and found she had a large bruise on the back of her head. As she rubbed the bruise she felt the dried blood in her hair.

'The b*****d hit me' she said angrily to herself.

Samantha went to the window that looked over the Cape Town bay. As night-time fell she wondered where Jonathan could be, not sure whether she should be really worrying about him or not. She felt he must have had a reason to attack her, something that he wanted to keep as his secret. Would she ever find what that reason was though?

Groggily she stared outside and considered what she could do to help him. He appeared possessed by something that he couldn't control as though inside Jonathan there was another being waiting to reveal itself. Then she recalled the night when Jonathan was helpless, being held in midair whilst his body appeared contorting round. Samantha loved this man and she could'nt bear to see him destroyed like this.

'I will do all I can to help him.....if I can, when I can..... but must I wait for him to return?'

She fell back to a chair by the bookcase. Her head still felt dazed and the heat of South Africa was all consuming. Samantha needed to get out of the hotel room, go for a walk, somewhere, anywhere. This proposed excursion would help her think and consider what she was going to do next. Grabbing her handbag and flat walking shoes, she left the hotel and with mindless, directionless energy set off. Quickly glancing at her watch she saw the time approaching 10.30pm. Samantha knew of the risks of being alone in an unknown country at night but feeling hardened by the blow to the head she felt she could stand up to anything.

Samantha wondered if maybe Jonathan had gone back to the room and was in fact now looking for her. Even if he was she needed some space. She had taken a direction that had led her to the seafront where the air breathed it's coolest. Samantha took to the beach with the intention of touching the water of the Atlantic Ocean. Her spirits were lifted as this was the first time she had ever been to this country, the first time she had ever been on a South African beach. Even though colours had faded into night she stood within distance of the lighthouse of Green Point, could see Robben Island where Nelson Mandela spent his time in captivity. For a few moments Samantha was lost in fascination for this beautiful country, forgetting the uneasiness she felt since Jonathan had vanished.

Almost as soon as her mood was taken away to these enthralling thoughts she was suddenly brought back to reality. There was a distant figure appearing in the gloomy darkness beckoning to her. As she walked in the direction of the figure, she felt the air chill and from a cloudless sky there now appeared a mass of black rain. Drenched and shocked by the sudden outburst from the skies Samantha began to run hoping the figure could provide her with shelter. As she moved closer the ground open up revealing a mass of grotesque demon bodies. Taking a couple of steps backwards, Samantha began to move away then in the dimness she saw Jonathan coming towards her.

Random blots of flashing lightning revealed slow motion images of Jonathan standing on the beach. Samantha stopped in her tracks, squinting her eyes trying to figure out where exactly he was. He looked so close, yet as the flashes died she couldn�t see him. Running faster and faster in the direction she thought she saw him, hearing the hysterical laughter of the demons taunting her. Screaming over and over again;

�You will not find him�

�You cannot save him�

Jonathan was not alone. He appeared to be speaking to someone, ignoring the cries of Samantha. Then as she caught a clear flash through the lightning, Samantha saw that Jonathan appeared to be kissing someone. Suddenly she felt a sickness come over her and began to loose her balance. A hand closed around her mouth, the stench of this rotting hand mixed with the thick black hairs bristling against her nose made her wretch. That was all she could remember. Samantha was not sure how much time had passed when she regained full control of her faculties again.

�B***h, we told you, you cannot save him� Lillith�s minions deviously said whilst pinning her down. She could feel her sweat drenched body sink into the sand.

�Let me go� Samantha screamed, bravely trying to fight them off.

�Jonathan help me please� she repeatedly called hoping that Jonathan would be close enough to hear her, only to have her pleas muted by the demonic laughter.

�He cannot save you now� these words echoed in Samantha's ears.

�SHE is on her way!� the demons pointed into the black sky.

�Who�� Samantha tried to ask only to be silenced by a figure suddenly appearing, hovering mere inches above her. Locking her devilish eyes within hers.

�My Queen� one of the demons groveled, �we have her here as you requested�

Lillith turned her gaze towards the demon, reaching out towards him. Eagerly he moved closer, hoping for some kind of reward from his master, only to have his head viciously ripped off and thrown into the ocean. The turquoise waters turned into a deep shade of red, colouring everything they touched.

�Does anyone else have something to say?� she asked looking at the rest of her minions. Cautiously they backed away, shaking their heads, mumbling and terrified.

�Good� she said contemptously, directing her attention back to Samantha who was still lying on the ground motionless.

�At last we meet, face to face�

Lillith taunted her, running her razor sharp bony finger down Samantha�s body, suddenly halting at Samantha�s abdominal area.

�What the f**k?� Lillith yelled surprised. 'How could this be? How is it possible?'

Lillith once again turned to her minions in an uncontrollable rage.

�Idiots� she yelled.

Mortified the demons crawled backwards looking for the ground from where they were came to eat them back up.

�I asked you to do one thing, just one thing and you failed!�

Confused the demons looked at each other, terrified of what they had missed. Samantha also stared at this 'woman' too scared to question anything.

�My darkened mistress�, one of them eventually tried to speak.

�Be quiet� she yelled grabbing him by the throat.

�She is with child!� she said snapping his neck in two.

�I told you to remove that which will make her able to conceive.� she barked furiously.

The demons backed away knowing their destiny was now a fate worse than the living death that had previously befallen them.

�I will deal with you all later� she screeched turning once again towards Samantha.

Slowly and viciously ripping through her abdominal flesh, she tore apart intestines bit by bit, searching for Jonathan�s unborn spawn. Samantha yelling from the excruciating pain, pleading to Lillith to let her unborn child of true love survive. Whilst Samantha hadn't known for sure she had realized a couple months ago that she wasn�t feeling so good but had decided this was stress of life with Jonathan. Never did it cross her mind that she could be pregnant.

Lillith was so enraged by this discovery that she cursed continuosly, mumbling to herself about her minions, as she ripped apart Samantha�s body, searching for what in her mind may have been the savior of all mankind. Finally braking through the placenta, she sat staring at the exposed body. There before her it laid, flinching one or two times before lying motionless inside the once protective confinements of it's mother�s womb. Laughing deviously, Lillith ripped him from her, holding him by the butchered umbilical cord.

�No please� Samantha weakly tried to fight her off one last time trying to reach her unborn in attempt to save him but she knew it was too late. Lillith turned around, ignoring Samantha�s pathetic cries, sadistically throphying the unborn before the startled demons.

�Listen to me, this unborn will meet his father�, calmly she tied him around her waist with his umbilical cord. Then piercing her gaze through all the bodies in front of her Lillith said "I will not forget this trouble you have caused me. For the moment you can breath easily, however, you know of my forces of evil and they will, in time, strike each and every one of you. Now do something for me......"

There was a silence as though the whole of the beach had hushed to listen to Lillith's evil blood stained words......

�Finish her off� she demanded then she disappeared into the night.

The demons closed in on Samantha's body, saliva dribbling from mouths ready to rip her remains to pieces.


© 2008 Natalie C and Gary H Collaborative Writings


Author's Note

Natalie C and Gary H Collaborative Writings
Is this too hurried and obvious?

My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Featured Review

OK, I really think this needs some serious reading by you guys. It is confusing, and repeats itself several times. It hops from one tense to another all the way through and the storyline seems more than hurried, it seems a mess. I'm sorry to have to say that after reading all the other chapters that were so well written, but you asked for the truth and honest critisism, and there it is. If I hadn't read the other chapters first I would never have read past this chapter. I know from your writing that you can do so much better, and I'm really not sure where you went wrong here, but you definatley had an off day here. My honest thoughts, delete it and rewrite it.

The actual storyline is not very predictable though and from what I can get from this, it is very good. It certainly wasn't obvious to me, and I usually look for the prediability in stories, often finding it and then finding the story boring and dull, I didn't get that from this. Please resend it me when you have worked on it, I really would like to read it again. I hope I wasn't too harsh in this review, and I'm really sorry if you thought I was. XX


Posted 15 Years Ago


5 of 5 people found this review constructive.




Reviews

It's hurried, but not obvious. I wasn't expecting Samantha to be pregnant, and once that was brought to light, I was surprised Lillith was 'allowed' to rip the child out. Definately a twist I wasn't expecting.

Just thinking of the excrutiating pain Samantha went through while Lillith ripped the unborn child from her is enough to make me cringe. Excellent imagery on your part.

Again, well done.

Posted 15 Years Ago


2 of 2 people found this review constructive.

Holy God!! Man, i didnt know this witch would do that to Samantha. I thought she was supposed to live in the story lol. This is one true horror flick with one disaster after another lol. It was good, maybe a bit fast, but twas good.

B.A.

Posted 15 Years Ago


2 of 2 people found this review constructive.

Very interesting and enjoyable. It didn't seemed forced or hurried but more it was time to end it kind of feel. I liked the way you guys have still been able to pull me in as reader desiring to know more of the story and to know what happens. I like the build up and delivery of the story line and the character development was great made us feel connected to them and with the details given able to envision them as well.



Great Job!!!!!!!!

Posted 15 Years Ago


3 of 3 people found this review constructive.

its not too hurried and definately not obvious. it sucks that samantha's unborn baby dies and that she's gonna die as well. :'( i'm sad now. good story though, i really don't know whats gonna happen next now and i can't wait to read the next chapter. good continuation, the last two chapters were a bit hurried but this wasn't, it was well detailed and well put together, don't take too long with the next chapter :D

Posted 15 Years Ago


5 of 5 people found this review constructive.

Owing to an error on Gary's part, the original chapter that was read by Fantasyfairy was, in fact, only a combination of notes and sketches for this part of the story. This has now been rectified and we would like to thank her for pointing this out to us. Hopefully things make more sense now.....

Posted 15 Years Ago


4 of 4 people found this review constructive.

OK, I really think this needs some serious reading by you guys. It is confusing, and repeats itself several times. It hops from one tense to another all the way through and the storyline seems more than hurried, it seems a mess. I'm sorry to have to say that after reading all the other chapters that were so well written, but you asked for the truth and honest critisism, and there it is. If I hadn't read the other chapters first I would never have read past this chapter. I know from your writing that you can do so much better, and I'm really not sure where you went wrong here, but you definatley had an off day here. My honest thoughts, delete it and rewrite it.

The actual storyline is not very predictable though and from what I can get from this, it is very good. It certainly wasn't obvious to me, and I usually look for the prediability in stories, often finding it and then finding the story boring and dull, I didn't get that from this. Please resend it me when you have worked on it, I really would like to read it again. I hope I wasn't too harsh in this review, and I'm really sorry if you thought I was. XX


Posted 15 Years Ago


5 of 5 people found this review constructive.


Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

341 Views
6 Reviews
Rating
Added on July 9, 2008
Last Updated on July 9, 2008


Author

Natalie C and Gary H Collaborative Writings
Natalie C and Gary H Collaborative Writings

Both sides of the world



About
Our first story is now complete and we would love any comments so we can determine whether this venture has been successful as a first draft or whether we should go back to the drawing board. .. more..

Writing