Back to the Old House

Back to the Old House

A Chapter by Natalie C and Gary H Collaborative Writings

Photobucket


Once they had arrived in Cape Town, Jonathan and Samantha found themselves a hotel near the busy seafront. The time was into mid afternoon before they were settled in. Samantha kept a close watch on the man who was moving closer to his destiny. He knew he would have to leave her soon and wondered how easy he was going to be able to provide an excuse.

The voices in his head had been getting louder than ever before and now were pushing him to find his mothers old house. Memories of his early life were sketchy but he knew the voices would tell him where he needed to go. His problem lay in escaping from Samantha. She sat in an easy chair reading a magazine and keeping one eye on Jonathans movements. Tension had once more returned between them bringing back the times when they had been verging on breaking point. Samantha tried to avoid smoking and drinking in an attempt to show Jonathan that she could be strong for them both. He, meanwhile, was beginning to think that she was a liability. Eventually he decided he would have to hurt her, knock her out, to make his escape. Putting his hands over her eyes he said surprise. The surprise came with a smack on her head. Jonathan hated himself for this show of violence but he needed to go. He waited for her to fall away in his arms, placing a light kiss on her forehead, then leaving the hotel room.

The area below the Devils Peak was full of housing, much more than when Jonathan had been a tiny child. He found his way to his old address. The taxi driver took him close to the destination and then drove quickly away. Jonathan had been asking about the property, curious to know what had become of the home of his early life. As he spoke he realised that something was wrong. Coming closer to his destination Jonathan was shocked to see blackened, dirty and empty properties, a few children played around but as he pulled opened the gates they vanished.

'Spooks mister', came a small voice next to Jonathan, 'Elkeen dood!'

The small child rushed away as soon as he had spoken. As Jonathan came closer to the properties he could see they had all been burnt out except for his old house. Even the surrounding gardens were dead as though a flame thrower had burnt through everything.
As he moved towards the front door of his house he heard the voices come back to him.

'Go inside, go inside, go to your mothers room'

Jonathan was surprised to see the house open to him as he was about to force the door. Quickly once inside he found out why. Spirits joined with the voices to become deathly bodies, souless, but alive. They were greeting him as a God overwhelmed by his presence in the house once again. Darkness descended rapidly around him lit only by the glow of crimson candles.

'Come with me', ushered a body as it climbed the stairs, 'There is so much to tell and so little time. You are safe here. She cannot enter as your father has consecrated the area around this house as his domain. This was to keep you and your mother safe for eternity. He never thought she would come searching for him and now this places you in grave danger.'

There were so many questions that Jonathan wanted to ask but he was afraid. Now the voices had left him to regain their world in this house, he was alone. His feelings were returning for Samantha and he regretted leaving her outside of this terror. Her strength of love would surely have helped him. Considering how awful Jonathan had made her life he knew she believed in him and as a team they could guide each other for ever. Now though, he had to make decisions.

'My father? Who is my father?' he asked

There was a creaking that he thought came from the foundations of the house. As he was led into his mothers bedroom he saw what that sound was. Hanging from the ceiling was a bloody grotesque looking beast. It had two eyes that looked in different directions and had built a huge pile of defecation below. From the creatures mouth came green mucus that spread all around the walls. Jonathan was suddenly taken from his thoughts about Samantha to this new horror in front of him. He was almost overcome by the stench in the room and immediately turned to leave.

'Waaaaait. You neeed to speak with meee', the creature's eyes suddenly all set themselves on Jonathan.

'What the......?'

'Yooou don't reeeemember meeee do yoooou?.'

'No, I've never seen you before in my life. Who? What are you?'

'I aaaaam yoooour protecccctor. I haaaave beeen waiiiting fooor thiis tiiiiime'.

Jonathan fell to his knees.

'Doooo yoou nottt reeememberr theee daaysss wheen yooou weeere smaaaall aaand weee alll lloooked afteer yoooou?'

Jonathan didn't even want to try to remember.

'Why am I here?' he blurted out.

'Beeecauuse tonnnight yooou areee gooing too meeet yooour faaather. Weee haad too bee suuure yooou wooould heelp hiiim'.

'Help him? Isn't it me that needs help?' Jonathan replied seriously thinking of this insanity around him.

'Yooou haave too goo too theee laaair too meeeet hiim. Tooogether yoou wiill saaave usss, brriing a neew woorld aaaand baaanish Lillliith foreeever. Thhheee voooicesss willll givvveee yooou diiireectiions. Liiiisteen annnd folllloww fooor yoou willll beee oourr ssavviiour'.

There was a sudden growling roar of cheering as Jonathan begin to spin round and round into a vortex seeing a future ahead of him where he was king of the demons, draped in darken skin of human, ruler of evil, controller of the world. When he had spun back to reality he was now outside the house where the Devils Peak looked down on him.

'I must get to the beach.' were his final words as he ran from the house, no longer sure of what he was or what was happening to him.

As he left, Lillith watched her prey fall down in the roads, regain his feet and after hailing a taxi arrive on the beachfront at the dead of night. She had a plan to seduce Jonathan and this was not going to fail.






© 2008 Natalie C and Gary H Collaborative Writings


Author's Note

Natalie C and Gary H Collaborative Writings
Not sure if this could do with a rethink. Maybe the whole idea here is too hurried as we know the end is coming?

My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Featured Review

The level of details you give to your writings is always such a treat. I find myself so involved with the characters and feel a bond with them. The way you have captured such a deep lying emotional concern within your reads for your character is so wonderful. I have no doubts that someday I will be buying a copy of you guy's best seller somewhere and saying I remember them when. Always such a deep pleasure.


Great Job!!!!!

Posted 15 Years Ago


6 of 6 people found this review constructive.




Reviews

I think the pace is fitting with the end coming, it reflects Jonathan's desire to reach the end and see what will become of him.

Well done!!

Posted 15 Years Ago


2 of 2 people found this review constructive.

wow! the ending is coming, can't wait to read the next chapter. wonder what Djinn will say to his son, what will johnathon say. whats gonna happen to samantha? what is lillith's next move? oh so many questions that i have :D i really like how the book is coming along and this story does feel a little rushed i mean you can maybe put in there a memory from his childhood just so the reader can get a look at whats going on and stuff. good continuation though :D

Posted 15 Years Ago


2 of 2 people found this review constructive.

Hmmm, I don't think it's very hurried, perhaps just a little slowing down may help enhance the story, but nothing too major. The detail and descriptions are still very good and the ay you guys have kept the storyline going is well done. It is nicely written and has just the right amount of suspence to keep the story interesting. These build up to the end is well done, and makes the reader want to know what ill happen next. XX

Posted 15 Years Ago


2 of 2 people found this review constructive.

LoL! That was really awesome!! I loved the voice overs; that was really cool hehe. Almost like The Great Oz in a loud speaker or somethin hehe. Very well. Maybe twas a bit fast as a chapter, but twas really good :)

B.A.

Posted 15 Years Ago


5 of 5 people found this review constructive.

The level of details you give to your writings is always such a treat. I find myself so involved with the characters and feel a bond with them. The way you have captured such a deep lying emotional concern within your reads for your character is so wonderful. I have no doubts that someday I will be buying a copy of you guy's best seller somewhere and saying I remember them when. Always such a deep pleasure.


Great Job!!!!!

Posted 15 Years Ago


6 of 6 people found this review constructive.


Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

342 Views
5 Reviews
Rating
Added on July 2, 2008
Last Updated on July 3, 2008


Author

Natalie C and Gary H Collaborative Writings
Natalie C and Gary H Collaborative Writings

Both sides of the world



About
Our first story is now complete and we would love any comments so we can determine whether this venture has been successful as a first draft or whether we should go back to the drawing board. .. more..

Writing