Chapter 2

Chapter 2

A Chapter by Kabaneri

Five years ago humanity met a new enemy. After the whole world was showered by asteroids they appeared, those monsters from space, the ARD. At that time everyone thought that this was the end of the human race. In one year many people died and the population dropped to 1/3 of what it used to be. People tried to fight back with mistles, tanks and other heavy weaponry but it was futile. None of that worked no them. As people were ready to loose all hope and just accept their death a ray of hope appeared. In this one year scientists from the WPO had created a weapon that can defeat those monsters, they called it ONE. It's first appearance was at the battle near Okinawa. Just four beople with ONEs defeated all the ARDs a whole army couldn't. At that time those people were vewed as heroes. Now, year 2059 humanity has stabilized. The WPO is forming an army to fight the menace. Because only sertain people can use the ONE, a special test is made once a year. Those who want to fight the ARD are all allowed to join, the only requirement is to be able to pass the test. Those who have passed it are sent to one of the many mobile bases around the world. There they recieve training and become soldiers. That is the story.

"I can't believe it! I'm actually here. Today is the day I finally start my training as a ONE user."

"Hey! Quit talking to yourself or you'll be late, Shin."

"OK. I'm coming Mary!"

That's rigth. I'll finally be able to fight the ARDs back and I'll exterminate all of them! Watch me while I do it, mom.

Shin and Mary enter the plane and take their seats. In a few moments they are already in the air.

"So, in which base are we going?" - shin asks Mary.

"Haven't you read the instructions? It's base Romen, in the west Pacific ocean." - she told him with a scolding tone.

"I read it. Well... not the whole because I got too excited when I got accepted."

"Excited? You have become strange, you know it."

"Strange? Me?"

"Yes, we're going to have military training and after that we're going to fight alien monsters. You should be nervous, not excted!"

"What can I do? That's just how I am. What's happening? Why are we landing?"

"It seems like there are some other peole that are going with us from this town." - she answers him.

From the airport at Velvet two pasengers get on the plane. A girl with a long blonde hair and a boy with a thug like appearance. The girl goes to the two and asks "Excuse me, is this seat free?"

"Yes, it isn't reserved for anyone." - Mary answers.

The girl then sat down.

"You look pretty young. How old are you?" -Shin asks her.

"I'm 17."

"SEVENTEEN?! You look no more than 15." - he is shocked.

"Peole always think I'm younger so I'm used to it."

"Sorry for his overreacting. My name is Mary, you are?"

"I'm Violet, nice to meet you."

"And I'm Shin, nice to meet you."

After that they talked during the whole time, untill they reached Romen.

"Ah, which class are you two?" - Violet asks them.

"I'm in class A-1."

"You're in the A class Mary?! I wouldn't have expected it."

"Well, what can I say? I'm just good at almost every kind of test."

"I'm in class B-1. I hope we see each other often. And you Shin" - Violet asks him.

"Well..."

"Come on Shin! She'll know it either way." - Mary scolded him.

"I'm in class C-1." - he said quietly.

"In class C?!" - Violet said with a suprided look on her face.

"Yeah, for someone who said that he'd be No 1 in the world is a bit strange to be in C class, isn't it?" - Mary said to tease him.

Please every new student to head to the school's front yard. - an announcement came from the loudspeakers near them.

"We better head there now or we'll be late." - Mary said.

"But I have to say it, this place is amazing. It's like a floating city."

"Although it's a ship to have all the needed space for training and for dispatching people to counterattack if there are ARDs attacking, it has to be big and have a lot of personel. That's why there's a residential area for the peole that work here and their families, if they bring them." - Violet answers him.

"Oh, is that so? You sure know a lot."

She blushes and looks away from him. After a bit more they reach the school's yard.

"Wow, it really is a school, a normal one." - Shin states.

"Of course it is." - Mary tells him.

Then at the stage placed in front of the people a tall girl with long, brown, brided hair goes to the microphone and starts to talk.

"Hello, new and old students of Roman academy. I'm the school president, Alisa Thornwell. From now on, you, the new students are going to start your training here. You'll be given a key to your room at the dorms after the introduction of your class. First years are on the first floor, so there shouldn't be a problem for you to find your room. You'll be coming here to train every day except the weekends and some holidays but let me warn you, I don't like people that don't follow the order. You have to come on time every day, you're excused only when you're sick. If someone doesn't follow the order I'll have that person expelled immediately. That's all." - she stated and left.

After that everyone got to their class and recieved his key to their room at the dorms.

"I wonder who will be my roommate?" - Shin asked hiself.

When he entered the room to his surprise there wasn't anyone. Even after he returned from dinner, no one came.

I guess that I'll have this room for myself then. Hehe.

Then he went to sleep, without knowing that his roommate is going to come in a few more days and with that things are going to become ineresting.



© 2017 Kabaneri


My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

52 Views
Added on August 31, 2017
Last Updated on August 31, 2017


Author

Kabaneri
Kabaneri

Bulgaria



About
I write for fun. I wrote on fanfictionnet but there was no place for original stories or some of my ideas. more..

Writing
Meeting Meeting

A Chapter by Kabaneri


Re: Turning Re: Turning

A Book by Kabaneri


Prologue Prologue

A Chapter by Kabaneri