Chapter 12

Chapter 12

A Chapter by Kabaneri

Day at the beach Omake/Midterm battle

By the time Romen reached it's next stop, Lance had recovered and was back to his daily routine. On the other hand some of Luxen's wounds were still healing and he was still angry because he lost. Romen's next stop was Galapagos islands' biggest harbor town- Lima. After the ARDs were removed from the islands, the cities were quickly reconstructed and turned into an important place for the army and normal people. Romen was stopping there to reload food, they already had a water filtration system. While the staff was reloading, the students had free time and went to the city to have fun, relax, try to fool around and most inportantly, to go to the beautifull beach.

"Lance, Shin, come here already! The ship stopped!" (Petia)

"We're comming!" (Shin)

They both got down with their stuff. Shin was wearing a T-shirt, shorts, sneakers and a cap. He brought a backpack with him. Lance wore a thin flowery T-shirt, shorts, sandals, straw hat and was applying sunscreen on his face. He brought a big sack with him.

"Isn't that a bit too much?" - Petia asked Lance.

She was wearing a beautifull light green dress.

"No, these stuff are needed for a good day at the beach!!" - he said with a hyped voice.

"Huh?" (Petia)

"You might not believe it but it's his first time going to the beach." (Shin)

"Really?! I'm sorry, I didn't knew it was your first time."

"Don't mind it. Blake, aren't you hot with this?" (Lance)

Blake was entirely in black and gray.

"No, I'm not. Let's stop chatting and go to the beach already."

They left the ship and headed to the city.

"This here is the harbor. We have to pass trough the ciry's main coastal street to get to the beach." - Petia said while looking at her phone's GPS.

"We're going to pass trough the city on the way back too, right?" (Shin)

"Yes, we are." (Petia)

"Then, let's visit some shops on the way back instead of only staying on the beach." (Shin)

"That's a good idea. Do you two also agree?" - Petia looked at Blake and Lance.

"I don't mind." (Blake)

"I want to see the city too!!" (Lance)

"OK. Then we'll leave a bit earlier to have time for the shops." (Petia)

They walked for a bit and reached the beach. There, some of the other students had already unpacked their stuff and had settled down a spot. Some were sunbathing, playing games, reading under the umbrellas or swimming, there were also people from the town and tourists. The four friends went to the booth on the beach and rented two umbrellas, then they found a nice place and put their stuff there. Lance was the first to get his clothes off. He had put his swimsuit on before they left their room. He opened his sack and started pulling stuff out. Beach towel, sunscreen, plastic buckets, shovels, beach ball and etc. The others were surprised how mich he had prepared for this. Blake layed down on the beach, under the umbrella while Lance and the other two were in the water. They had a great time. Swimming, playing beach ball, eating icecream, diving underwater, Lance even recieved a prize. Apparently there was a sandcastle making contest. While Petia, Blake and Shin weren't watching lance had taken the buckets and started building a sandcastle. They heard a commotion and when they looked, they saw Lance recieving the first prize from the jury and the reporters were taking pictures of him and his castle. To everyone's amazement, he had made a two metre tall and three metre wide castle with a circular wall and a gate made from a plank. Shin even introduced Mary and Violet to his friends. It was time, so they headed to the city. There they visited some souvenir shops, street restaurants, an arcade and sweets shops. Their luggage was almost twice as big as when they left the ship. Of course Lance was carying the most.

'I wonder how can he carry so much without getting tired.' (Blake)

=== After some time, the beggining of the Midterm battle===

First were the first years. They always began with them and finished with the third years. After the end of the oficial pointless blabbering, I mean opening ceremony the tournament began. Every student was going to fight a random oponent from the same year.

[First match is Blake from class C-1 and Jack from class B-1.]

"Good luck Blake!" (Petia)

"Figt!" (Lance)

"No need to. I'll win." - Blake said with determination.

Indeed he won before the 2nd minute had passed.

"You were amazing! It's bad that non-combat types of ONEs don't participate. Otherwise I would have helped you a lot." (Petia)

"No problem. When we start doing missions, you'll be verry helpfull." (Shin)

The battles continued the whole day. Lance, Shin and Blake, surpassed the audience's expectations. They reached the top 8 of the first years. Tomorrow they were going to fight and aim for the final round.

Shin vs Max from class B-1

Blake vs Fiona from class A-1

Lance vs Sofia from class A-1

Mary from class A-1 vs Yuuto class C-1

Unexpectedly 4 student from class C had reached this part of the battle. Moreover the womanizer Yuuto, Shin with a 'spearow' and Lance with a 'cat' type. No one expected two of the 'useless' types of ONE to qualify but the people that were in the VIP room. They knew about Lance's potential but were also pleased with Shin's results.

===VIP room===

"I'm verry surprised to see this year's new students. It might be possible to have a C class student reaching winning the final round." (Miki)

"Don't be too confident in them. After all there was a reason for them to be in the C class." (Alisa)

"Come on, Ali-chan. You know that not always things go acording to one's expectations. There is always something that could surprize you in this world." (Miki)

"Yeah, for once she is right." (Kumoto)

Miki glared at him with malice. She extremely disliked people criticizing her without a solid reason.

"Neverthless, I'm very proud of Lance. He reached this far without using the Overdrive even once." (Kumoto)

"Yeah, he has become much better. Let's see what happens tomorrow. There might be something interesting." (Miki)

They left the room.



© 2017 Kabaneri


My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Reviews

It is kinda awkward. If someone's wondering about Lance's scars, he was wearing a shirt all the time.

Posted 6 Years Ago



Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

61 Views
1 Review
Added on October 3, 2017
Last Updated on October 3, 2017


Author

Kabaneri
Kabaneri

Bulgaria



About
I write for fun. I wrote on fanfictionnet but there was no place for original stories or some of my ideas. more..

Writing
Meeting Meeting

A Chapter by Kabaneri


Re: Turning Re: Turning

A Book by Kabaneri


Prologue Prologue

A Chapter by Kabaneri