chapter 14

chapter 14

A Chapter by Kabaneri

=== In the VIP room ===
"Unbelivable! Another kid from the C class can activate an 'Overdrive' ?! This year there are much more talents compared to the past five years." (Miki)
"Yeah, but I have a strange feeling about it. It might become scary." (Kurama)
On the arena Shin was attacking nonstop. Max couldn't even see the attacks, he could only defend. Soon his defence was broken and Shin realeased a more powerfull slash at Max. The other boy was sent flying. He fell on the floor and lost consciousness.
[Max is down! The winner is Shin!]
"Guh!" (Shin)
Suddenly Shin's face became pained. He swayed a few times and fell to the ground. His ONE returned to normal.
"Shin!" - Petia shouted and ran towards him.
When she reached and tuned him face up, she saw that he was sleeping. She was relieved but in the same time embarrased. Lance unexpectedly grabbed Shin's shoulders and started shaking him like mad.
"Oi, Shin, wake up! You can't get knocked out right now! You have much more matches to win!"
"Ugh..." (Shin)
"Stop shaking him like that! You might snap his nech from all this!" - Blake smacked Lance on the head.
"Ouch!" (Lance)
Shin slowly opens his eyes and looks at his friends.
"Ugh....wha..What happened?"
"You suddenly fell down and we were worried." (Petia)
"Yeah, you really scared us." (Blake)
"What happened to the match?" (Shin)
"You don't remember? You won! That jerk Max didn't stood a chance!" (Blake)
"Really?" (Shin)
"Yes, you are great, Shin!" (Petia)
They helped him get to the bench and have some rest while the medics took Max away. From the side Lance smiled slightly.
'So...that's how it feels, huh?...'
After that Blake won the match against Fiona from class A. He managed to defeat her because she made a blunder and he used his spear's super charge attack.
"Yeah! That's the 'Naga Charge' for ya!" - Shin shouted at that time.
'Haah...did he have to shout like that? He and his naming sence.' (Blake)
"I haven't agreed with the name ya know." - he said when he returned to the bench.
"Why? It sounds cool doesn't it? And I also thought of a name for Shin's new attack. Wanna hear it?" (Lance)
"Our answer won't stop you, right?" (Shin)
Lance nodded for Yes.
"OK, fine. Tell us." (Shin)
"I decided to call it 'Lazer Fury' , how does that sound?"
"Hm...It's actually pretty good." (Shin)
"I know." (Lance)
During their conversation Mary had defeated Yuuto almost instantly with her overwhelming power and speed. Mary's ONE was a very rare and powerful type called 'wyvern' . (By the way, I just noticed that I haven't described how Shin and Mary look. Sorry. Shin is a typical Japanese boy, with normal look and figure, short spiky hair and high spirit. Mary is an Amirican girl with long broun, wavy hair and green eyes. She is quite tall for a girl and is taller than Shin by 5 cm.) It was also because Yuuto was fooling around. For a guy like him, reaching this part was enough. Lance's turn came after that. He used surprise attacks to confuse Sofia and then used his claws (refers to the blades of the weapon) to defeat her.
The croud was surprized. For the first time something like this had happened 3 students from the C class to reach the semi-finals. The chance for someone from the C class to win was very big. The pairs for the fight were like this:
Blake vs Mary
Shin vs Lance.
First were Mary and Blake. The fight was intence. It continued for 10 whole minutes before Mary won. Even though Blake had used the 'Naga Charge' he didn't win. His energy ran out at the end and Mary won.
=== At the VIP room ===
"It really was an amazing battle. If that C class kid's energy hadn't ran out, it might have cotinued a bit longer." (???)
"Oh, it seems that you finally had your intrest up, am I right Mrs Hofen?" (Miki)
A woman in elegant black and gray dress, that had been quietly sitting at the back of the room, finally said something. She was an important guest, a representative sent from WPO's HQ to watch the battle. Because of Lance's previous achievement, the 'Overdrive' activation, the higherups at HQ became interested in Romen base. They sent her to look if there is something important during the Midterm battle. She was disappointed at first, because Lance didn't use the 'Overdrive' , but was then pleased and a bit surprized when she saw Shin. Finally she commented on the battle.
"If I remember corectly from the data, a 'snake' type is far less powerfull than a 'wyvern' type. How did he demonstrate such power and last this long? His energy should have ran out a long time ago." (Hofen)
"Actually the explanation is verry simple. His ONE has 'groun' stronger." (Miki)
"What do you mean?" (Hofen)
"Because we researchers are in touch with ONEs almost every day, we know some things that aren't written in all of the documents. Do you remember seeing the examinations of a person and his one and noticing that the results of both are improving with time?" (Miki)
"Yes, I have. Is that your 'growing' ?"
"Precicely, although it's a non living object, a ONE is made to adapt to the user and transfor from the 'formless' bracelet into a weapon, specifically made for the person. Once it takes that form, no one else can use it. That's what I call 'taking form' . The ONE also has the ability to 'grow' with the user and improve trough battles. That's why in Romen there are so many tournaments and training programs, including real battles with ARDs when the students are ready. There is also the possibility to 'evolve' an ONE but for now the five 'Overdrivers' are the closest ones to be able to do such thing." (Miki)
"What is that 'evolving' you mentioned?" (Hofen)
"Oh, this is ascending the current form of a person's ONE and changing it to a higher, more powerful version with even better possibility to 'grow' and develope. Unfortunalely, no one has been able to do it, yet." (Miki)
"That's really unfortunate." (Hofen)
"Yes, but I believe that among the new generation there will be people that will make this possible and will surpass all before them." (Miki)
=== At the arena ===
"Petia, where is Lance? Our match will start any moment now." (Shin)
"I-I don't know! He was here a moment ago. When I noticed, he had disappeared!"
[Please, Shin and Lance, come to the arena.]
Shin walked to the middle of the arena and stood there, waiting for Lance.
'What should I do if he doesn't come? I will win but he...And if he comes? I had never fought with one of my friends. And now I'll have to fight with Lance if I win with Mary, too.' (Shin)
Everyone waited for Lance but he didn't come. After 10 minutes...
[It seems like Lance didn't come to fight on time. The winner is Shin!]
The croud was disappointed. There were comments like:
"He was afraid to come." or "He is such a looser. Because he was going to fight with a friend, he gave up and didn't came at all!" .
'That's strange. Where could have Lance went?' (Kumoto)
=== Meanwhile somewhere in the wilderness ===
BOOOOOOOOOOOM! x2
Two ARD capsules crashed on the ground, creating a deep crater. Unlike other times, these capsules were smaller and looked more special with a metalic cover insear of rock-like. They cracked and opened slowly. From them two ARDs emerged. They were humanoids - one of the strongest. They were both level 3 so they weren't as dangerous as a level 2 or 1. They walked and when they were about to get out of the crater, something incredibly fast flew past by them and landed in front of them. It created a lot of smoke so they couldn't see it, yet. Then the ARD on the right shrieked in agony. Without realising it, it's arm had been cut. With a lot of anger both ARDs looked in front of them. There stood a human figure, all in black, blending with the night darkness to the point it was almost invisible. Only part of the shilouette could be seen. The figure flickered and disappeared. It reappeared behind the two ARDs. They didn't have time to even turn around when they crumbled to the ground. They had been sliced horizontally in that brief moment. The figure's arms were covered in green fluids, dripping on the ground. The figure then left the place of the crash, taking the two capsules and ARD bodies.
=== At base Brutos ===
[Beeeep!Beep! Attention to everyone on the ship! ARDs have been detected. The battle personel is to get ready emediately!]
"Oh, man! Did they have to appear this late in the night? Couldn't they have waited to become morning?" - a man complained.
"Stop yapping! Get ready!" - another man told him.
Base Brutos was a base in Asia. That's why it turned to a night scenery. Different time zone from Romen.
The team that was dispatched left in a hurry and headed towards the crash site. When they reached the crater, they only saw an empty space and a lot of green fluid splashed on the ground.
"What the heck happened here?!" (Man1)


© 2018 Kabaneri


My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

43 Views
Added on September 27, 2018
Last Updated on September 27, 2018


Author

Kabaneri
Kabaneri

Bulgaria



About
I write for fun. I wrote on fanfictionnet but there was no place for original stories or some of my ideas. more..

Writing
Meeting Meeting

A Chapter by Kabaneri


Re: Turning Re: Turning

A Book by Kabaneri


Prologue Prologue

A Chapter by Kabaneri