Chapter 9

Chapter 9

A Chapter by Kabaneri
"

Things get complicated from here. Who are those mysterious people? What's up with the information in the diary? Will there be another Starfall?

"

With the beggining of the fight, Lance and Luxen activated their ONEs. Luxen quickly rose up in the sky and made his gun appear. Lance leaned forward a bit and looked at the other boy.

"Hah! You can't reach me now, can you? I'll make you regret that you challenged me!" (Luxen)

He started shooting with his gun at Lance. Lance expected this and started dodging his attacks.

'What the heck? Although he's running, he's super fast. I can't hit him.' (Luxen thought with a bit of sweat)

Meanwhile at the VIP room the general guy laughed.

"That C class kid is really good! He gives that A-2 calss guy a hard time. If he recieves the proper training he could become an elite soldier although he has a 'cat' type ONE. If I remember correctly, he started his lessons around a month ago, am I right?"

"Of course general Flint. He started around a month ago and he can rival a secon year from the A class. My assistant sure is amazing!" - Kumoto Hagashi said and took a big sip of Cola.

"He's your assistant?" (Alisa)

"Glup. I call him that but he's more like a care taker." (Kumoto)

"A child this young working? That doesn't sound right." (Melinda)

"I know but it's not like the old times before the war. There are many homeless people, beggars, some children don't even get the chance to be in an orphanage. He has his reason for this so I don't push him. Right now he is much more happy than before."

On the arena Lance suddenly stopped and slid on the ground, his legs making a long dust circle around Luxen.

"Oooooh!" - the croud exclaimed.

Lance disappeared in the cloud. Luxen tried to find him, although he knew he was in the air and Lance on the ground, he felt nervous. He noticed something moving at his left and shot there, with the cloud of dust clearing, Lance's cover was ending. At a spot behind Luxen he appeared and he was holding something in his hands. It was stones! He threw a few at Luxen's back. Unprepared, Luxen was hit on the head. While he was in pain, Lance threw the rest at him.

"HahahahA! I haven't seen something so interesting!" (Flint)

"ROCKS! He's throwing rocks! Is he serious?!" (Kurama)

"Well....he's been an oddball from the beggining." (Kumoto)

"It might look absurd but it's effective. As you know, if someone isn't prepared for something, his enemies will use it. A surprise attack works for most cases." (Alisa)

Luxen lost his balance and fell down with a loud crash. Lance took the chance while Luxen was down and dashed towards him. In seconds he reached Luxen and kicked him, causing him to roll a few times on the ground.

"Seize the moment! While his opponent is distracted he attacked him again. That kid has excellent instincts!" - the general laughed.

Luxen got to his knees and looked at Lance.

'How am I loosing?! This isn't possible! If only he stood still for a moment or get distracted, I'll finish him with a particle blast from my gun.'

Lance was about to run towards Luxen, he made one step forward and suddenly stood still. The boy looked towars the seats on the south-east side of the arena, not paying attention to the battle.

'Heh. I got him!'

Luxen charged his gun and shot the particle blast towards Lance.

"Oh, NO! This kind of attack is only to be used on ARDs, not on people!" (Melinda)

"Too bad, he shouldn't have been distracted so easyly." (Kurama)

BOOOOM!!

Lance noticed and turned his head around but it was too late. The blast hit him and a powerfull explosion occured. Just when everyone thought about calling the medics and Luxen smirked for his victory, stood up and lowered his gun, everyone's eyes widened. Just like a ghost, Lance appeared and attacked Luxen but he flew up. Lance crouched and readied himself for a jump.

'What the...HOW is he fine?!! That should have sent him to the hospital! What is he doing now?' (Luxen)

Bzzzzzzzt.

Sparks formed around Lance's body.

'Don't tell me, is this actually...' (Flint)

Lance jumped up with the speed of bullet. The claws on his arms shone up as sparks concentrated around them. Then he slashed down at Luxen.

'an Overdrive." (Flint)

Luxen was hit and he fell down, smashing in the groud with incredible force. The ground under him was cracked.

[Due to severe damage and energy loss a forcefull shutdown has been made. Luxen's unable to continue. The winner is Lance!]

This was announced by the loudspeakers. Everyone cheerd.

"Truly a miraculous victory. Who would have thought that he can use the Overdrive." (Flint)

"It truly is. Why is he in the C class?" (Alisa)

"Well...his resulds on the test were the worst so he was put in the C class." - Melinda checked it.

"I see. Then after the midterm battle, when it's possible, invite him to join the A class." (Alisa)

"Got it."

On the arena Lance looked at the defeated Luxen. He smiled, he was the winner. He was breathing heavyly but was still standing. Suddenly his ONE flashed and strong electrycity hit him.

"Guh!"

"Lance!" (Petia, Shin, Blake)

His ONE deactivated and the electrycity disappeared. He fell on the ground. His friends were the first to reach him. Blake kneeled down and lifted his head. He touched his forehead and pulled his hand quickly.

"Petia, call the medics and bring me a napkin and a botle of cold water! Shin, hep me and lift his legs up!" (Blake)

They did as he said. He lifted the boy's upper body and with the help of Shin, he brought him to the wall. They put him in a sitting posture. Shin could only watch from the side as Blake was giving him first aid. Petia returned with the water and the napkin. He opened the bottle and poured half of it on Lance's head. The boy opened his eyes and looked up.

"Lance, are you OK?" (Petia)

"Nothing hurts, right?" (Shin)

"Why are you asking such things? He was hit by electrycity a moment ago." (Blake)

Lance's eyesight was blurred, he couldn't hear well too.

'What are they talking about? It's bad...the...is bad.' (Lance)

Blake wiped the water from Lance's head and gave him the rest. The boy slowly took the bottle and drank all the water in one go. The medics came and took both of the injured boys to the hospital.

"You are surprisingly good at giving firs aid." - Petia praised Blake.

"Yeah, I didn't expect it. Where did you learn it?" (Shin)

"I learned it myself. My father was weak and had many health problems. He often fainted and I was the only one that could help him when happened. I dearned how to help people struck by electrycity after my dad was hit when he was fixing the lamp."

"I'm sorry I asked." (Shin)

"Don't sweat it. Let's go. We have to go and see Lance."

They left for the hospital. While the excitement from the battle still remained on the arena, in the VIP room the general rejoiced.

"Such a talent! That kid will become famous around the world, I know it!"

"Yeah, you also have to try his cooking! You'll love it!" (Kumoto)

"So, how did you met with him?" (Melinda)

"I had a problem with my eyes and it started bugging me after I began my research on ARDs, so I decided to have an eye surgery. The problem was that I had forgotten to hire a maid or a butler beforehand. I thought I was doomed but then I met him. At first he was not as experienced as now, he was also shy and didn't talk much. After some time he became better at the work and started talking more. He asked me about many things he was interested in, like animals, nature, history and culture. Even after I removed the bandages from my eyes I kept him as a worker. I even helped him with the studies, to tell you the truth he is like a sponge, he absorbs everything he's interested in. He also got addicted to anime, but that doesn't mean much. He still does his work." (Kumoto)

"That is really good of you." (Melinda)

BEEP! Beeeep! Attention to everyone on the ship! ARDs have been detected. The battle personel is to get ready emediately!

"It's an emergency! Get ready!" (Alisa)

"Hah! It's been a while since I've been out in the field. I shall come with you!" (Flint)

"You are comming with us sir?" (Kurama)

"Yes, there hasn't been a battle big enough to call me these days. I have to watch out not to forget how to fight, right?" (Flint)

He followed the Student counchil.

"I hope we see each other soon general Flint, the 'Fortress'. I'll be here if you want to talk to me." (Kumoto)

=== On a plane headed to Romen ===

"Haah...I'm bored. When are going to arrive?" - a woman asked the boy next to her.

"We should arrive soon. Just wait a little more captain."

"Marty, how many times do I have to tell you that when we aren't at work you should call me Secilia? Everyone from the team but you does it." (Secilia)

"Well, I'll try to cap..."

She glares at him

"Secilia."

"That's it."

Attention to all pasengers! Due to the detected falling ARDs we are to delay our flight. We're landing in the nearest airport and will continue after it's safe.

"Damn it! Did those stupid things had to fall right now?! I have to bring this journal to my friend at Romen as fast as possible!"

"I know but there is nothing you can do. Neither one of us can use a ONE, so we have to be carefull." (Marty)

"OK, fine. I'll wait like the others.



© 2017 Kabaneri


My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

59 Views
Added on September 7, 2017
Last Updated on September 7, 2017


Author

Kabaneri
Kabaneri

Bulgaria



About
I write for fun. I wrote on fanfictionnet but there was no place for original stories or some of my ideas. more..

Writing
Meeting Meeting

A Chapter by Kabaneri


Re: Turning Re: Turning

A Book by Kabaneri


Prologue Prologue

A Chapter by Kabaneri