chapter 22

chapter 22

A Chapter by Kabaneri

Shin was feeling better and better. These days he was full with energy and was very cheerful. Although Chuo's training was hard, painful and tireing, to the point where he collapsed right after finishing it, he was happy. He was making a big progress, everyone could see it.
'I would soon be strong enough to face strong ARDs on my own. But... why can't I use the Overdrive? Although I can't remember what happened that time, everyone told me how I also used the Overdrive. What am I missing?' Shin thought while walking down the street.
Clases have ended long ago. He had written his homework and was now strolling the streets of the floating city. Romen was beautiful indeed. Gorgeous buildings, gardens, shops and street stands.
'Just like the past.'
=== Flashback ===
Shin was walking with his mother around the city. He was walking a few steps in front of her and pestering her to hurry up. The city he lived in before the Starfall looked a lot like Romen. A qiet place, not too big, nor too small, beautiful parks and gardens and a lot of nice people. It was perfect untill that fateful day it was lost.
After humans reclaimed the ruined city and rebuilded it, it didn't feel the same as before. Although not seen, there was always unease in everyone's hearts ever since.
=== End ===
".....be stopping in a few weeks. The ship needs maintence and checkups from time to time after all."
Shin snapped back to reality. He turned his head left and right trying to find the person who talked just now. Without noticing he had walked into an alley. Around 10 metres in front of him was a person, a man in his 40s talking to his two friends. It was someone Shin recognized. The man worked on the ship as part of the maintence team. Shin didn't know how he was called but remembered his face. Shin had seen the man a few times in the hallways while going to train with Chuo.
Shin wondered for a moment how could he clearly hear him talking from that far away but quickly dismissed the thought as he hurried towards the older man.
"Excuse me." (Shin)
The man and his friends were startled for a second.
"Yes, do you want something?" (man)
"I accidentally overheard what you just said. Is it true the ship's stopping for checkup?"
"Yes. If fact a few weeks from now we'll reach WPO's main base in USA. After that the ship will undergo a maintence and would be docked for a few days or a month, depending on how much work is needed."
"Thank you verry much for telling me. Sorry to disturb you. Have a nice day." Shin bid farwell to the group and left for the dorms. He dad decided to tell his friends about it.
=== Shiroyama's secret base (No.3) ===
"So they are goring to have a maintence?" (Shiroyama)
"Yes, and not only they, from what our spies told us, three ships are going to arrive at port Hedricks, USA. Veelan battleship on 22nd, Romen on 25th and Shanya on the 29th." (minion)
Shiroyama smirked like the evil crazy scientist she was, thinking about her evil plan. It was perfect and no one could be prepared for what she had planned.
"Call every Varion except number 10, his mission is the top priority right now!"
"Yes! I'm on to it!"
"Hehehe...Those pesky ONE users will recieve a BIG surprize soon!"
===Back to Romen===
"Harbor Ahoy!" - Lance shouted, imitating a sailor.
And true to his word, the others saw port Hedricks after a few minutes.
"He shure has an amazing sight! I can barely make out where it is!" (Petia)
"Yeah, I managed to see it just now." (Shin)
"Psh. Big deal!" - Blake said grumpyly.
".....Un." (Zane)
"What's up with you Blake? You're very grumpy today." (Shin)
"Yyeah! You should be happy! We're docking today and won't have any school or duties for around a week untill they check the ship and fix everything that's been damaged." (Petia)
"Yes, I've been away from the USA for quite some time now! I wonder what new comics they've released." (Lance)
"Corndog, taco...." - Zane answered cryptically.
"I just don't know!! I've always had THIS strange sense! I would feel uncomfortable all day and then.....BOOM! Something bad happens! I've had it ever since this morning. I just know something BAD will happen after we dock." - Blake said and rubbed his neck.
"Don't worry! Like Nyankichi said 'As long as we have eachother, everything is possible, nya!' . So, we'll somehow deal with the problem. We won't be able to stop the ship but we could at least warn the Student counchil. Let's go!"
Lance lead them to the president's office. They knocked politely and entered.
"Yes, what can I help you with?" - Melinda, the only person there asked.
"Where's the president?" (Shin)
"She, Kurama and Chuo were asked to visit prof. Kumoto. I decided to stay if someone comes."
"OK. Then, Blake, can you explain to her?" (Lance)
Blake stepped forward and started to explain about his 'Disaster sense'. How when he was 7 he got it for first time and his family almost got sent to the hospital because of a chain car collision on the highway. How he got it the day before the 'Starfall' came and it didn't go away till the last meteor fell. How he felt it a bit before the shelter they were in was attacked by a level 9 wolf-like ARD. How when he was left alone at their temporary home he got uncomfortable and decided to run outside, then a few minutes later the house exploded due to faulty wireing and a gas leak. Lastly, how he felt something bad will happen sometime after they dock.
"W-well...that's very interesting." Melinda didn't know how to respond. He sounded truthfull and she believed him but she knew the others (Chuo may be excluded depending on his mood) wouldn't believe what he said. "I'll tell the president as soon as she comes back. You can go back now."
"Thanks. Come on, let's get geared up before the ship docks!" - Lance led them out.
---A while later---
True to Melinda's fears, they hadn't believed about Blake's 'Danger sense'. Also Chuo had gone out for some work and she was 1 vs two.
"It's just ridiculous! There's no way he can predict what will happen! Predicting the future's impossible. I thought you knew that. I didn't think you would be so naíve as to believe som first year's ramblings about some supernatural power that doesn't exist! Toughen up a bit!!" - Kurama was very fed up after all the nagging from the higher-ups, especially his own father. Who by the way was one of the WPO's CEOs. Melinda was unfortunately the target for his anger this time. She knew he would apologise later because he was considerate about other people's feelings and well being all the time. You would see him bellitle people only when he was angered past the boiling point.
Alisa also had a headache. She also had to restrain herself from shouting at them and break all the equipment in the communication room.
'The nerve of them! How DARE they criticize us! Only because we're relatively new doesn't mean we do more mistakes! I swear to God they look for every SMALL mistake to be able to pick on us! It's true Romen's only been in service for 2 years and 10 months but that doesn't mean we're worse than the others! We not only have killed the most ARDs this month but saved a town, found an illegal organisation, supposedly connected to Shiroyama, and also have one Varion in our hand along with his (broken) equipment! You should congratulate us instead of scolding is for being 1 day late to arrive at the base!' - Alisa angryly thought as he rubbed her temples.
"But he wasn't lying. He believed it!"
"I also don't believe them, especially Blake, to be liars or to just want attention but I also think it's absurd. A thing like ....what you called it..'Danger sense' can't possibly exist. This is all a coincidence or maybe he blames himself for some bad stuff that happened. I don't want to talk anymore and please, can someone give me wates and some aspirin!?"
The ship soon docked and all the students left for the day to let the staff and maintence teams do their work. The only strange sight was Shin, Petia, Blake, Mary, Lance and Zane coming down with their ones on them and in semi-combat clothes. Some students even snickered.
"Don't listen to them! At least we'll be ready if something happens!" (Lance)
"Yes, and we'll kisck their buts or whatever. Don't worry, we believe you Blake." (Mary)
""Yeah."" - the others agreed.
"Now, let's go and eat something! I'm starving!" - Shin slicked his lips, thinking about all the tasty food they might serve here, with it being the main base.
"Wow. I didn't know you were such a glutton Shin!" - Mary joked.
"What? It's just that these days I'm hungrier than usual!"
"Yeah, like 'I'm gonna eat a cow' hungrier." - Blake smirked.
"Stop teasing him!" (Petia)
Lance just smiled from the side and Zane watched with curiosity. He felt some sort of weird feeling in his chest and put his hand there. Was this what the 'friendship' Lance had spoken to him about felt? All warm, dear and nice? But...also a bit empty. Like something, no, someone was missing. The image of the crying figure with the star pendant flashed in his mind.
'Who...?'
===Meanwhile somewhere in the Pacific ocean===
"We're right on coures professor! We'll arrive in about a day and a half. What should we do adter?" - Irina, the current leader asked.
Shiroyama's voice came from the comunicator.
"Wait untill the other ship arrives. The day after you attack! It would be better to release our 'gifts' for them first before you come out. That will be your task. Oh, and if possible, bind out if the third party that's been messing with our plans would appear. If so, make shire to gather some data and find who are they."
"Understood!"
Shiroyama closed and the submarine they were using returned to silence. Cala nervously glanced at the doors that lead towards the cargo area and where their so called 'gifts' were currently loaded. She clitched the necklace and prayed.
'Zane, please give me strenght! I'll avenge you. I'll kill those b******s that killed you and then I'll kill Shiroyama!'
In port Hedricks' cafeteria Zane sneezed loudly.


© 2018 Kabaneri


My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

35 Views
Added on September 27, 2018
Last Updated on September 27, 2018


Author

Kabaneri
Kabaneri

Bulgaria



About
I write for fun. I wrote on fanfictionnet but there was no place for original stories or some of my ideas. more..

Writing
Meeting Meeting

A Chapter by Kabaneri


Re: Turning Re: Turning

A Book by Kabaneri


Prologue Prologue

A Chapter by Kabaneri