chapter 18

chapter 18

A Chapter by Kabaneri

"Phew...that was exhausting!" (Kurama)
"Yes, it sure was. Who would have thought something like this would happen." (Chuo)
"Move, we have to meet with the trainees and then we'll split to help the citizens!" (Alisa)
They headed towards the meeting place. When they arrived Shin, Mary, Petia and Blake were waiting for them.
"Hi, ...so you were waiting here?" (Melinda)
"Yes, we've finished our tasks and came here not too long ago." (Shin)
"That's good....Where is Lance? I thought you were together?" (Alisa)
"Yes, we were but he went to have a private chat." (Shin)
"With who?" (Alisa)
"Lance! They're here! Are you two done talking?!" (Mary)
"Yes, we're comming!" - Lance shouted from the public changing room on their right side.
Lance came  out and stood in front of the door. He wasn't equipped with his ONE because it still hadn't recovered it's energy, so he was with casual clothes, a T-shirt, sneakers and pants. He cleared his throat and spoke.
"I am verry sorry for the suddenness but I have to. This is Zane."
He pulled Zane out by his hand and placed him in front. Alisa, Melinda, Kurama and Chuo were dumbfounded at first but then they noticed the other things. They saw the tattered armor he was wearing, the strange hair and eyes, and most impotrantly the symbol on the armor. It was partally destroyed but they knew it was the same as the one those Varions had on their robes. They quickly pointed their weapons at him and got ready for battle. On the other hand, he stood there expressionless.
"I'm Zane. Naisu to meet you." - he said in monotone voice.
"You made a mistake again, you know?" (Lance)
"What's up with this?! Why is that Varion doing here?" (Kurama)
"Varion?" (Shin,Petia,Mary,Lance,Zane)
"It's not something we should talk about here. We'll explain after we finish the rest of the work." (Alisa)
"WAIT! Why are you acting like you're confused?! Aren't you a Varion too?!" - Kurama asked Zane.
"No, he doesn't know. In fact he can't remember almost anything. Maybe I hit him too hard that time..." (Lance)
Almost everyone made the same O_O expression. After a bit more quarreling Alisa agreed to take Zane with them as some sort of 'hostage' as long as he doesn't cause trouble and She'll keep Lance responsible if something happens.
"We'll go and help the people clean the rubble. You trainees are coming to help too. Lance, you'll do lighter work because your ONE hasn't recovered it's energy. You'll also keep an eye on Zane. Have him help you." (Alisa)
"Yes, I will!" (Lance)
After that they split again in order to do work faster. Lance took Zane to the place they were supposed to start work. There were still no people there.
"Well, now, shall we start cleaning this?" - Lance looked at Zane and smiled.
An hour passed before workers came to the place where Lance and Zane went. When they arrived they saw that all the rubble had been cleared and sorted at few piles. Lance was carying a few bricks and Zane a huge piece of the wall. The workers were amazed and thanked them a lot.
"Oh, it's only natural to help." - Lance told them.
He looked at Zane and saw his expression. You could see he was delighted. Lance smiled and asked.
"The feeling is good, isn't it? To be usefull, to be able to see the faces of people full of gratitute for wat you did, it's very pleasing."
Zane looked at him and lightly nodded. By the end of the day they were done. With the help of the workers and cityzens the rubble was quickly cleared. Alisa and the others met with Shin and his group after that they left for Carlota's base. When they reached there the guards were asking about Zane but were chased away by Alisa.
"I'll write the report about today. You go and have a rest. Lance, you go and find some clothes for Zane. Bring his armor to me later." (Alisa)
"OK. Le's go! Shin, Blake, will you come with us?" (Lance)
"No." (Blake)
"I can't right now...I'm tired..." (Shin)
"Fine. See ya later!" - Lance dragged Zane with him to his room.
"Mary, you told us about a broken halberd that Zane had. Give it to me, I'll keep it safe with me." (Alisa)
Mary gave her the broken halberd and then left with Shin and the other two to eat. Alisa, Chuo, Melinda and Kurama went to the command centre. Alisa went inside and made the other people leave. Kurama, Melinda and Chuo were guarding outside. Alisa put the halberd on a table and contacted Miki in Romen base.
"Hello, Alisa-chan! How've you been?" (Miki)
"Not very good. Today a few ARDs fell near the city." (Alisa)
"What?! So close to you? I bet you finished them quickly, am I right?" (Miki)
"That's not important right now. I request a boat to take us back to Romen in two days."
"Why? Did something happen with the kids?" (Miki)
"No, they're fine but I need to show you soomething. Something we have to talk about personally." - Alisa took the halberd and showed her to Miki.
"Alisa-chan....this is..." - Miki was bewildered.
"I also have some other things that go with it." (Alisa)
"Got it. I'll send the boat! Wait by the docks in two days." - Miki got serious.
"We'll be waiting." (Alisa)
She hung up and took the halberd with her. She went out and left with Kurama, Melinda and Chuo to discuss the plan for the return to Romen.
=== In Shiroyama's lab ===
"Professor! We lost No 5's implant stopped working, also the tracking device in the armor got destroyed." (scientist)
"That's fine. He probably got killed by those ONE users. Not like they'll get any information from his corpse and if the tracking device was destroyed, so has his equipment. They won't be getting anything useful. On the other hand we got some good information. We know that there is someone strong enough to kill No 5, while fully equipped, in less than ten minutes." (Shiroyama)
"If you say so." - the scientist left.
"HAhaha! This was unexpected! Those guys...they're better I thought! I guess I'll have to do some changes to the plan." (Shiroyama)
Outside of her lab's door stood a girl with light pink hair. She had stopped there a bit after the scientist entered. When he went out she hid for a moment but came again. She was Cala, No 7. She dadn't heard about the implants in their necks but heard about the tracking devices in the equipment. She was shocked and was clutching a silver star-shaped pendant. She quietly ran away and hid in her room. There, she weeped for quite a while.
'W...why? Why did he have to die?! Why Zane?! He...ha was so kind to me but...but I couldn't help him at all.................. I'm going to take revenge! I won't forgive the ones that killed him! And after I'm strong enough...I'll get Shiroyama for what she did!' - Cala thought.
=== While Zane was helping Lance clean rubble in Carlota ===
"aACHOO!" (Zane)
"What''s it Zane? Don't tell me someone is thinking of you, huh?" (Lance)
"??" (Zane)
"Come on! Don't you remember even something like this?! Kumoto told me that when someone sneezes loudly without a reason, someone thinks of them! Remember this!" (Lance)
Zane nodded for Yes.


© 2018 Kabaneri


My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

33 Views
Added on September 27, 2018
Last Updated on September 27, 2018


Author

Kabaneri
Kabaneri

Bulgaria



About
I write for fun. I wrote on fanfictionnet but there was no place for original stories or some of my ideas. more..

Writing
Meeting Meeting

A Chapter by Kabaneri


Re: Turning Re: Turning

A Book by Kabaneri


Prologue Prologue

A Chapter by Kabaneri