ACT 7 - Can You Feel the Love Tonight?

ACT 7 - Can You Feel the Love Tonight?

A Chapter by Kevin Sheen Tiu
"

chapter 7

"
FINALLY! WE'RE BACK HOME! I didn't sleep last night because I spent all the time looking at the moon and stars with my spyglass at the castle. I kept on wondering about trying to shoot at them, but all of those were just dreams. (^_^)

Just looking at the new moon in the dark blue sky and listening to my songs in my Ipod made me feel so relaxed. Hahh... Without Kazimir to bother me, I looked up all night. I didn't even notice the sun rising until I got a perfect look at what's shining. Glad it didn't burn my eyes, ahaha.

Unpacking my things back in my room, I grabbed my rifle and changed my clothes into shorts, a white blouse and high-heeled brown boots. I also wore my letterman jacket 'cuz it's cold even with the sun up high, then I went downstairs and directly out to the front porch.

"Huh?" I looked at the bench on my right as I closed the entrance door. "What are you doing here?" Kazimir was sitting there, drinking a cup of coffee.

"Admiring the sun," he said and smiled. "Good morning by the way. Up so early in the morning?"

It's 6 AM. "Yeah, well I wanna practice shooting..." I walked down the stairs and to the path of statues. There's no way in hell I'm gonna tell him I've been restless after finding out who he really was.

"You're already the best, aren't you, Vera?"

I stopped and looked back at him. "But I wonder if I can beat you this way," I said, and continued walking. There's no way grandma would want to change the rules of physical battle to a battle of just talking. Face-to-face or face-to-fist? Hmm, I would prefer face-to-gun, ehehehe.  But rules are rules, so I've got no another choice but to follow them.

Looking through the scope of the rifle, I took a pick at which statue to shoot. "Hmm... Wind velocity, wind direction, altitude and elevation..." I prepared myself, loading my rifle and fixing the scope. I looked from right to left, up and down. I counted from one to ten. Then, I squeezed the trigger, shooting the heads of the statues far away. PERFECT! :D

Someone clapped and approached me, I pointed my rifle to him as he came near my back. He put his hands up. "Woah there..." As if I'm gonna shoot him.

"I ain't a cop, right?" I looked at him. He confused me for a cop before, and it hurt. Cops for me are weak, and I don't want to be compared to them.

He chuckled and said, "�-ってるよ." (I know.) I kissed him on the cheek as a greeting. I'm crazy for you, Kazimir... I wanted to say that sentence so badly. Yet again...

"Vera! Edgar!" Tch, it's that other woman again. She's coming towards us, bringing a tray of... food? "I've brought sandwiches for you two," she said and displayed the tray in front of us.

"Where's my grandma?" I questioned her. She might've poisoned those sandwiches so that when I eat it, I'd be dead.

"She's at the drawing room, dear."

"We won't have breakfast yet?"

"Well, I made sandwiches for you."

Hmm, that smile of hers... "Umm, thanks, but no thanks. I got no time to eat." I walked away, hoping to find a different place far away from this OTHER woman.
"Vera?" She tried to call me back.

I didn't turn around and just waved my hand, "I'm fine, really!" then I ran away.

"Vera..."

"Mother, what's wrong?"

"Why do I get the feeling she's avoiding me, Edgar?"

"She is?"

"Mhm..."

"I see."

+---000---+

I ran into the backyard of the mansion, and wow, there existed a beautiful garden! There's a pond, a gazebo, colorful trees and flowers! The grass was healthy green, and there was a huge fountain with the statue of - I think it's my grandma and her husband - at the center.

I stood in front of all these priceless things, dazed. I walked to the pond and searched for fish. And there were! Fishes of different colors and sizes were swimming around. I moved on to the flower section and saw blue, red and purple roses; orchids on vines; and many more I couldn't describe. There were also cherry blossom trees and peach blossoms. Oak trees and pine trees were along the sides of the walls.

"Wow..." I uttered in amazement. "Grandma is so amazing!!!"

"And so are you, Vera." I looked back at who it was, and gob... It's Kazimir, WEARING JEANS AND BODY-FIT SHIRT?!

"GAH-!" My nose was bleeding in ecstasy!!! (O///O) "W-what are you doing here?"

He handed me a silver plate with a fork and a knife, "Peach pie for you."

"Did your mother make that?" I suspected.

He shook his head. "The maids did." Since it's not from that OTHER woman, I accepted it.

We sat on a bench under the cherry blossom tree and I began eating. It's delicious! :D

"So you're hungry, aren't you?" Kazimir laughed and patted my head.

I heard my stomach grumble. "Ah- a little bit," I said as an excuse. (=u=) I'm sure he heard that too.

"Mother said you're avoiding her..."

Alright, stop right there! There's a reason why I'm doing that, you know, Kazimir.

And it's not because our parents were together in the past, but it's because of the way I feel for my mom. I know what she said to me before I left home, and to be honest, I didn't let go of my hatred. "Oh, really?" I continued to eat, until I finished the pie. "What makes her say that? I talked to her when we were on the boat, ya know."

"But that's not the case, Vera. Is there something wrong?"

I clenched my fists, preparing for what's gonna come. It took me a while before answering. "No." I stood up from the bench and handed him the silverware. "Nothing's wrong," I said and smiled. He looked so handsome, I just wanted to chew him up!

He also stood up, facing me, and said, "Good then." He took my hand and kissed my wristwatch. "See you tonight."

Tonight? Why not now? "Ah- where are you going?"

"I'm on leave from my job, I still need to do a lot of things for my work." He walked away, waving me good bye. I did a flying kiss for him.

"Good luck, Kazimir!" And then... He's gone...

Hahh!!! Why did he leave me so soon?! I want him to be with me, every minute, every second, every hour, everyday!!!

But "tonight", he says... Hahh... Fine then.


+---000---+

Left alone in the garden, I strolled around again, practising and practising my targeting and the ways I should fix and handle my scopes. As all people may know, targeting isn't that simple. It also takes MATHEMATICS. It takes calculations to know how high or how low the enemy is, estimating the place if my target's really far, and instead of making a hunch, I gotta use my Math skills. (That's also the spotter's job.)

Let's do this!


Vera Wolff's sniping tutorial #1:

The range to the target is measured as precisely as conditions permit and correct range estimation becomes absolutely critical at low ranges, because a bullet travels with a curved trajectory and the sniper must compensate for this by aiming higher at longer distances. If the exact distance is unknown, the sniper might compensate incorrectly and the bullet path may be too high or too low.

Laser rangefinders may be used, and range estimation is often the job of both parties in a team. One useful method without using the laser rangefinder is comparing the height of the target (or nearby objects) to their size on the mil dot scope, or taking down a known distance and using some sort of measure (utility poles or fence posts) to determine the additional distance. The average human head is 150 millimeters (5.9 in) in width; the average human shoulders are 500 millimeters (20 in) apart; and the average distance from a person's pelvis to the top of their head is 1,000 millimeters (39 in). (^_^)


I'm not also that used to using a bipod, 'cuz usually I just hold the sniper rifle in my arms even when I shoot thousands of rounds. But that depends on the place, condition and my position. It's quite unbelievable, actually, but hey, who knows? Maybe I got these  from my genes? ;) Grandma said she was a strong woman in the past, so maybe I got it from her? I'm pretty sure I didn't inherit my strength from my dad 'cuz he isn't that PHYSICALLY FIT and all he does is work with his brain. He's really smart, but he isn't used to exercising 'cuz all he does is eat and work (work, as in, just there in the office sitting on his chair and using his brain to calculate his daily-whatever) EVERY SINGLE DAY. The only time he doesn't do his daily routine is when we go for a family trip or in holidays.

"I miss the old dad..." I muttered, walking under the blossom trees. He hasn't been the same since we came here. I'm not used to his active state, but I guess this is also good for him - seeing his mom and past wife. Argh! Thinking about that PAST WIFE makes me pissed off again! Out of anguish, I pointed and shot a high branch of the cherry tree; then escaped from the falling debris.

QUOTE FOR MY MORNING: DO A POINT AND SHOOT, BUT DO IT QUICK, OR ELSE YOU'LL GET HIT!


+---000---+

Lunchtime. I went back to the mansion and searched for my dad, wondering if he would be in the dining room for lunch. I found him in his bedroom though, watching television.

"Dad? You comin' for lunch?" I asked.

"Your grandmother's not yet here, is she?" He didn't look back at me. What's wrong with him?

"What are you saying, dad?" I stayed leaning at his door, him still staring at the flatscreen.

"She's in the drawing room doing business right now, Vera." She's been in there since this morning! WHAT THE BLOODY HELL IS HAPPENING?!

Knowing that this plan failed, I banged the door closed. I hate being pissed off, and I hate it more when someone is an IGNORAMUS!

I ran to my room, grabbed my Ipod, plugged in my earphones, went swiftly downstairs and out to the front porch, still carrying my gun with me like a sling bag. I sat on the bench, listening to my music as loud as the highest volume of my music player can take to. I don't like that feeling when a person gets disappointed by being ignored and wants to cry out their feelings. I'm not like that, seriously. Instead of shouting or crying, I do shooting. I pin my enemy's picture onto a wall very far away from me, and SHOOT THEM ON THE HEAD!
I kinda have trouble releasing my anger in a noisy and annoying way, so I deal with it the silent way. I also usually do my stuff in a quiet manner, like when I cry because of a touching movie (I grab many pieces of tissue paper and just cover my face with it), or when I get severe bruises because of too much sniping (I leave my arms and hands to the doctor). I KEEP MY MOUTH SHUT ALL THE TIME. Also, a warning: Just because I'm quiet and shy doesn't mean people can do anything on me easily. They think I'm weak? Well, think again. If someone gets in my KILL THEM LIST, they're really GONNA GET IT, HELL YEAH.

"Hahh..." I sighed. I miss home... I miss my mom, my aunt Stroganov, my house, my happy place, everything and everyone!!! I miss them all!!!

Speaking of my mom, I haven't communicated with her for days now! Oh my gothic!

I quickly went to my messages and created a new message.

<Hi Momzy! How are you?? I'm sorry I haven't been contacting you since the day we left. It's just that... Things have been a little bit flashy these days. And you know what, mom? I've finally met the OTHER WOMAN. I miss you MOM. <3> SENT.

5 seconds later, I received a reply from my mom. That's quick!

<Vera, hello, my baby! That's okay, bhe. Mommy's been busy substituting your father's place here in the company too... Life's hard in here, you might not know, baby. :) You've also met that woman, you say? Well, how did it go with you? You didn't kill her, did you?> REPLY. Ahaha, you got the wrong person, mom... (^_^) She really knows what to expect. This I admire about her.

<No way, mom! I can't do that! :p Besides, mom... I met my big brother.> SENT.

<Oh really now, baby? That's good! I think he is... 3 years older than you? Am I right? So, how's your relationship with him?> REPLY. About my relationship with him, huh? It's really hard to say it in a weird way, so I'm going to have to tell her my feelings in the simplest way.

<Mom, I LOVE MY BIG BROTHER SO MUCH! I've got this intense feeling about him, that when he isn't here, I feel lonely and alone... It's just that... Not only is he handsome, but I swear he's someone very special to me... <3> SENT.

<Vera... You're exaggerating! Are you saying you're in love with your brother? Hahaha, that's very cute, baby!> REPLY.

I paused for a while after reading her message. I know there's something wrong now that we've found out that we're actually siblings. I feel like we're in an incestuous relationship right now, mom. I'm so sorry... But if only I knew that we were actually siblings... It's too late now, mom...

I thought about it again and again, and that's when I wrote my reply.

<Mom, it's true... I DO LOVE MY OLDER BROTHER! I know something bad's gonna happen in the future if anyone knew about the relationship he and I are having right now, but I'm trusting you, mom! Please... Keep this a secret only you and I may know!> SENT.

It took a while for my mom to answer back, so I stopped playing music for a while and waited for her. A little bit later on, my Ipod rang, and I answered her call.

"Hello? Mom?" I kept my voice down.

"Hi sweetie!" Just hearing her voice again pushed some stress out of me.

"Mom... Why'd you call?"

"Baby, you know what I'm thinking, right? I know it's hard to give your love for your brother up, but think about it a lot harder." She then continued explaining about the things that might happen if ever they were all to figure out that Kazimir and I continued this forbidden relationship. But, while listening to her, I could feel myself tearing up, getting disappointed at what our future holds - what my future holds. If Kazimir and I were to continue living this way, then might as well just confess it, right? Yet it's still so hard! I can't believe hearing mom say the words "presumptuous"; "obscene"; "heretic" and other stuff! It hurt me so bad!

I hung up right after she finished her last sentence about choosing what's right and deciding for the better and greater good. I just couldn't stand it anymore. I told her again that I missed her and that I loved her and I wouldn't stop fighting for my brother's love. For better or for worse, THIS is what's going to happen. And I won't let anything get in the way.

+---000--+

The night came and grandma was still in the drawing room doing whatever it is she was doing. Business, perhaps? Yeah, they called it "business".

I stayed in my room; the door locked and the curtains closed. I remained lying on my bed, listening to my Ipod.

"Hahh... Where is Kazimir? He told be we'd be seeing each other tonight..." Did he leave me too? Or did he join my grandma in the drawing room? Tsk, something's suspicious. What the heck is happening in that drawing room? She's been there all day! What kind of business is she having, anyway?! Drug dealing, which is the reason why she's rich?! Or could it possibly be that my grandma's hidden talent is painting, so she sells it to the rich families in the country?! What could it be?!

I looked at my wristwatch. It's already 8:30. This is ridiculous. Whether they had eaten dinner or not, I'm not eating. I got no intention to go down there and see if they're there. I don't care.

"This is so frustrating..." I put my gun back to the top of the drawer, and I took off my earphones and let the Ipod play through its speakers. The music spread throughout the whole room, and it's now playing Come Undone by My Darkest Days. I placed my Ipod on top of the drawer and sat back on my bed, concentrating on the lyrics of the song.

"... I can't keep from falling up high, at the seams... I cannot believe you're taking my heart, to pieces..." Crap, this song really touches me!

"Who do you need, who do love, when you come undone?"

I almost fell on the floor when someone suddenly knocked on the door and called me. "Vera? You in there?" I ran to open the door and found Kazimir. He had with him a a red-colored cup and saucer. And it's containing my favorite Earl Grey tea!

I let him in, putting my tea on the low table and he sat on my bed, looking at me as I settled on the floor to enjoy my tea. His stare's giving me the shivers... I can't concentrate on drinking if he keeps on staring at me like that... (-___-) I didn't even notice that my Ipod was still playing music.

"So what's up?" I asked just to break the silence.

"I brought you tea, that's all," he smiled.

I tried to ignore his gaze. It was full of sexiness... "Thank you, by the way!" Yeah, what a way to pretend, Vera... You sure are great at acting!

"No prob." He looked around my room, observing my stuff, so and so.

The music much to my surprise changed into something so berserk that I went berserk and hurried to finish my tea! Why the heck this song?! And I still had it in there?!

Can You Feel The Love Tonight, from Walt Disney's The Lion King.

I gulped the very last drop of my tea and stood up, insecurely looking at Kazimir with my fists clenched.

I can see what's happening. And we ain't a clue! We'll fall in love and here's the bottomline: incest'll occur to you.

The sweet caress of night time... There's magic everywhere... And with all this romantic atmosphere, DISASTER'S IN THE AIR.

Kazimir stayed calm and also stood up from my bed, moving towards me.

Just do it, Kazimir! I thought.

"Don't be afraid, Vera." He sounded happy, as if he was playing a game with a child. And like a child, five feet away, I didn't know what to do. I froze.

"K-kazimir?" Before I knew it, he had brought me to my bed, flat on my back, and he was pressing his weight against me. He kissed and licked my neck the same way as he had done before, like a vampire preparing for a meal, and I could hear him smell my sweet perfume.

Kazimir reached down to fondle my breasts and this time I didn't question him - I think I've gotten used to it, even though this is just our second time. He took my shorts down to my knees, just to get an opening, and I could feel his hard groin pounding against my thigh, which was now also wet. I don't know whether it's because of my excitement or fear; I just can't explain what I'm feeling right now. He kissed my bosom and grabbed me tightly around the waist, before plunging himself.

(O___O) "Ah-!" I groaned in pain as he thrust back and forth, panting, his head buried in my neck. I couldn't believe it!!! I was still in pain?!

I covered my mouth and wished he'd finish soon. I was still frozen by my mixed emotions. After listening to my mom's explanation about why we should stop this kind of relationship, I couldn't help but feel guilty about what's been happening to my brother and I. We're half-siblings, and yet... If only I had known I had a brother before we even met, and that it was Kazimir, I wouldn't have fallen in love with him. But I learned about the truth too late... I can no longer control the uncontrollable, and I'm sure Kazimir feels the same. He's still my brother, though... He's still my brother.

How long has it been? Does time matter anyways?

Kazimir collapsed on top of me later on, and breathed into my ear. His right hand moved up my side and landed on my head, where he played with my wavy hair spread out and whispered something to me: "I'm sorry, Vera..."

"Kazimir..." I took a look at him, smiling at me, and I felt so much pain and happiness stack up all over my internal organs. It was confusing, but he still made love to me. Even if he knew we were siblings, he still had the courage to do this to me. Possibly the reason why he apologized was because of the guilt he felt, yet...

Love is where we are...

Thank you for being brave... <3 I'm so happy, Kazimir. I could really feel the love tonight...

Since that time, Kazimir would sneak up to my room every night when everyone has fallen asleep, and we'd make love. So THIS is love, hmhmhmhm... (^_^) I gotta admit, he's the best brother ever!!!
















© 2018 Kevin Sheen Tiu


My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

79 Views
Added on May 10, 2018
Last Updated on May 10, 2018
Tags: romance, adventure, horror


Author

Kevin Sheen Tiu
Kevin Sheen Tiu

Philippines



About
I'm Kevin Sheen Tiu - a used-to-be passionate writer who's now stressed about college. more..

Writing
Prologue Prologue

A Chapter by Kevin Sheen Tiu