Chapter 4

Chapter 4

A Chapter by ~RoyalVampire~

“What do you mean, she wouldn’t come with you!” yelled Durstan as he paced back and forth. “I’m sorry my Lord, I tried but she recognized me faster than I thought she would have.” Graven’s head was down as he spoke. “You fool! Does everything have to be done by me!” Lightening flashed outside as Durstan’s eyes grew dark, almost black. “LEAVE!” Graven bowed and rushed out of the room. Durstan screamed, “Ahhh! If it’s a personal meeting you want my dear Sevana, then a personal meeting you shall receive.” He slammed his fist into the table nearby as it smashed into pieces.

I woke to a voice saying “Damn it!” and slowly opened the door to my room and saw Contessa rushing to the sink holding her hand tightly. I was about to say something, when she sucked the blood off of her own hand and then I watched as it slowly started to heal itself. “Amazing.” I whispered to myself. I closed my door and sat back down on my bed. I thought about last night and Graven’s red eyes. Why did I know him? I mean of course he was in that book Contessa showed me, but I had seen him before.

I lay back on my bed, and closed my eyes. I concentrated on my memories, but the only person I could concentrate on was Graven and his red glowing eyes. I opened my eyes and decided to just take a nice warm shower and relax; I have been stressed with becoming a vampire, figuring out my powers, and meeting the right-hand man of the most evil Lord of the vampires. Things couldn’t get worse…hopefully.

Several weeks had passed and there had been no more sign of Graven or his Lord Durstan. I had been practicing up on my powers, making sure that if anyone were to try anything I would be well prepared. I decided to go for a quick hunt tonight because Contessa had said we needed to stay in hiding for a bit. She was sensing some evil presence nearby.

As I quickly tracked down a deer and sucked it dry, I noticed that the forest seemed different tonight. I was only a couple miles from the house, but I decided to take a look around where I was for a few seconds just to make sure that none was actually there watching me as I fed.

I slowly walked through the woods concentrating hard on all the sounds around me; I had learned how to focus on different sounds whether they are miles away or right nearby. Suddenly I had strange feeling, like something was wrong. I swiftly turned around and standing there was a tall man with molten golden eyes staring at me. I was about to ask who he was when he slammed me up against a tree by my throat and laughed.

“We finally meet, my dear. You really should have come with Graven when he asked. Then you wouldn’t be in this position my love.” A smile was playing across his face. That’s when I realized this was Lord Durstan whom everyone was afraid of. I reached toward his hand that was around my throat and concentrated hard making fire come to my hand and burning his. “Aghhh!” Durstan’s hand flew back and I fell to the forest floor, I struggled to get up, but was flung against another tree as my breath escaped my lungs.

“No need to fight, my love. As long as you come with me there will be no harm done to you.” He started to walk towards me. I slowly picked myself up from the ground and said, “I will go nowhere with you…Durstan. Go to hell!” “My dear, I’m already there.” He laughed evilly. He was inches from my face his eyes boring into mine. “You will come with me, without any fighting. If not I will make sure that little b***h Contessa doesn’t live to see you again.” He grabbed my wrist, but I pulled it from his grip. “You will do nothing of the sort, not unless I can stop you first.” Suddenly I dropped to the ground as pain ripped through me. My head was burning, my lungs were burning, and then suddenly everything went black.

I was hearing voices, where the hell was I? I couldn’t open my eyes, but I was laying down on something comfortable, a bed? I felt around and I could feel satin sheets and my head was lying on a pile of pillows, then the voices became clearer. “She is not to be disturbed; I had to use some of my powers to make her unconscious.” I tried to not make a lot of noise, but Durstan must have sensed I was awaking. “Let us be.” He said to another gentleman in the room, I heard a door shut and then nothing.

As I lay there, I tried to hold back the tears that were forming in my eyes. I felt a cool breeze against my face and then a voice, “You are safe now my love. Just rest and soon all of this will be explained to you.” He caressed the side of my face and I turned it from his touch. “In time…” he whispered in my ear. I felt sick to my stomach and I wanted to kill him for what he as done to me.

Contessa’s POV:

Back at the house, she should have been back by now. I tried concentrating on her presence, but felt nothing. Damn it, now I am going to have to go out and look for her. I grabbed a few things and then took out the door. I walked about 2 miles from the house when I picked up her scent and I found the deer she had killed and then another scent hit me. Durstan. I knew I shouldn’t have let her out here on her own.

 



© 2009 ~RoyalVampire~


My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Reviews

yeah, the rescue is iminent

Posted 14 Years Ago



Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

146 Views
1 Review
Rating
Added on April 23, 2009


Author

~RoyalVampire~
~RoyalVampire~

Grand Blanc, MI



About
I am 24 yrs of age, and married to a wonderful man, whom I met on here actually =) I am attending college to become a medical assistant, and should be graduating by the end of this year. I am a cra.. more..

Writing
Prologue Prologue

A Chapter by ~RoyalVampire~


Chapter 1 Chapter 1

A Chapter by ~RoyalVampire~