Chapter 9

Chapter 9

A Chapter by ~RoyalVampire~

We finally made our way out of the tunnels and Contessa led me to the edge of the woods, where I froze in my tracks. There was a huge brown werewolf in front of us; I stood in front of her. “I will take care of this werewolf.” I hissed and before I could strike at it. Contessa was in front of me, “I wouldn’t do that if I was you.” She then walked past the werewolf and then I saw him change back into a man. “Who the hell are you?!” I was still in my attack mode. “The names Jacy, Child of Gaia. I am your protector.” He nodded and smiled. “My what? Whoa, when do vampires need werewolves to protect them?” Contessa then stepped forward, “I will answer that question. The only reason that vampires ever needed protection was about a thousand years ago when the first vampires were born. They were new to this world and werewolves were assigned to protect the newborns. It was a punishment from straying from their first purpose…” “Which was?” I asked standing upright. Adolph then stepped forward, “Which was reversing our curse placed upon us.”

          “So I’m guessing since you are here that you didn’t reverse the curse.” I looked at Jacy. “That is correct and for not obeying our ancestors we are now punished serving vampires, the ones we are assigned too.” “Alright so if you are assigned to me, then who is assigned to Contessa?” Contessa looked over at me with a surprised look. “Well?” I continued. Jacy then looked at Adolph who stared at him for a moment, growled, and then took off. “Well Adolph was assigned Contessa, but he is not one to follow what he is told. Adolph has watched over Contessa ever since she was turned.” Contessa suddenly hissed and before I knew it she had Jacy pinned and was yelling at him, “Where the hell was he when I needed him!!!!” She had extended her fangs as she spoke. “Contessa stop!” I yelled at her as I concentrated on Jacy’s face. “Why the hell would he not protect me when I needed him, and yet he is here now and he doesn’t even bother to tell me!!!” She was livid, and her eyes were blazing with fury. I thought she was going to kill Jacy.

          “Contessa, please. I meant no harm in telling you, the only reason Adolph is unwilling to protect you is because…” Before he could continue, Contessa was slammed to the ground and on top of her was none other than Adolph. “You freaking idiot! Get off of me!” “Not until you calm the hell down.” She laid there struggling to get out from under him and then finally decided it wasn’t working and just laid there still. “Now, are you going to behave?” “Whatever, just get off of me!” “Fine.” He slowly gets up and Contessa gets up and takes off into the woods. “We need to get moving.” said Adolph. “Wait, what?! Contessa just took off and we are supposed to leave her out there.” “Well…yeah.” I hissed and was about to attack Adolph when Jacy grabbed me, “No, we have had enough fighting between us. We need to work together to get you and the rest of us away from here and from Durstan.” I sneered at Adolph as I brought myself to talk to Jacy. “I am going to find Contessa and then when I bring her back we will leave.”

Nicolas’ POV:

          “NICOLAS!!!!” said Durstan as he burst through the doors, “where is she!?” I was in Durstan’s office when I felt the rage that was tearing through him before his walked through the doors. “Where the hell is she!” Durstan screamed as he threw the doors opened to the room I was in. “Lord, I do not know. I was watching over the two like you said and….” “And what Nicolas?! You are a damn vampire; you could have easily injured or killed her friend to keep Sevana here!” I slowly got up from where he was sitting and walked over to Durstan, “I was taking no part in killing anyone that does not deserve to die.” I hissed. I knew that as soon Durstan found out that I was responsible for Sevana and Contessa getting free I would be killed instantly. “Take this traitor to the dungeon. He is to be judged before the ancient council tomorrow night.” I willing gave myself up to the guards as they dragged me to the dungeon and awaited my fate.

Sevana’s POV:

          I finally found Contessa and convinced her to come back to where the pack was. We finally arrived and heard growling and howling. We were being attacked or at least the werewolves were. Contessa and me slipped into the trees and finally reached where Jacy, Adolph, and Maddox were. They were human again and yelling was taking place now. “You idiots! Get out of my way!” yelled a woman, who was right in front of Adolph showing off her teeth. She was beautiful, wearing a white dress which showed off her curves and her hair was shoulder length and dark brown, she had dark chocolate eyes and the sight of her looked scary. She had two other women with her also growling. “Kamalia you need to learn your place, and you are trespassing on our territory.” said Jacy in a harsh tone. “How in the hell did you become the leader of a pack like this?” she laughed at the insult. “At least my brothers listen to me unlike your followers.” He sneered back.

          “You know nothing of my sisters; now move before we are forced to kill you and your pack.” Then one of the other women stepped forward, growling. “Livana get back, there is no need for you to get into this conflict.” Kamalia snarled as she stared at Jacy. “But sister…” Livana started. “Back behind me…now Jacy MOVE!” Adolph growled lowly as he hunched to the ground and Maddox did as well. “I see that you and your pack don’t listen well to orders, now do they?” She snarled and showed her teeth. “My pack knows there place, does yours?” Just as about all hell was to break lose, I decided to stop this at once.

          I slowly emerged from the trees and was at Jacy’s side in a flash. “I recommend that you back off, unless you would like to deal with me.” I sneered at her. “You have bloodsuckers fighting on your side now?” “Actually…” I stepped closer so only she could hear me, “he’s my protector so either you back off or I kill you. Your choice, dog!” She stared at me with shock in her eyes and then brought her expression to the harden look she had before I showed up. “Very well, leech.” She then looked over at Jacy, “You have not seen the last of the Black Furies.” Then the pack was gone.

          “We could have taken care of ourselves, Sevana.” said Adolph as he stood up and walked over to where I was standing next to Jacy. “Yes I saw that. You were handling that so well.” Contessa said as she walked up to me. “Now...now, you two enough. We need to leave immediately before Durstan tries to kill us or take you back Sevana.” Jacy said as he nodded his head at the guys and they were gone. “Where did they go?” I asked wondering what was going to happen now. “They are making sure our scents do not get followed they will be back shortly, in the meantime we need to move.”

Nicolas’ POV:

          As I sat there in the dark, I thought through all the different ways I would be killed. There was no way Durstan wasn’t going to kill me. I could sense it in the way he talked to me and how he held himself when he came down to “question” me about what took place in the castle while he was walking into a trap. Durstan was furious that he had been tricked into thinking that another vampire was more powerful than Sevana. I heard the cell door creak open and a slice of light come through the door.

          Durstan approached me slowly and then suddenly I was being pressed up against the wall with so much pressure, I felt like my chest was going to cave in on itself. “You tell me where you took her!” He wasn’t even touching me; the only thing that was raised was his hand that was holding me against the wall. I could barely breathe, “To….a….corridor.” I gasped. “What corridor!” he pressed harder, and now I could barely breathe, I was gasping for air. “East…” was all I could get out. This must of satisfied him because next thing I knew I was being dropped to the floor.

          I coughed and wheezed a bit and finally got my breathing back to normal. I knew he would be back; I was giving him the wrong answers each and every time. It would only be a matter of time now, before I was taken before the ancient council and god knows what they were going to do to me then. I only hoped Sevana was alright and had gotten as far away as she could, if not then god help her when Durstan finds her.

Sevana’s POV:

          “Are Maddox and Adolph going to meet up with us?” I asked Jacy as we continued to travel west. “They will soon, they are hunting as they cover our scents. I can hear where they are in my mind.” He smiled and continued to walk. “Do you think we could go any faster?” Contessa complained. “We are going as fast as we can for right now, we will be able to travel faster when the rest of the pack finishes their jobs.” “Werewolves are so….” She was cut off by a growl, “Are what bloodsucker?” asked Adolph with a big grin on his face. “Nothing.” She quietly said and continued walking. I tried to hide the smile that was creeping across my face, but Jacy caught it out of the corner of his eye and winked.

          “Jacy who were those werewolves that we had a run in with back there?” I asked curiously. “Oh Kamalia…she is the leader of that pack. They are know as The Black Furies and are one of the more dangerous packs out there. They hunt and kill anything in their path; they believe vampires have no right to exist on this planet and should be destroyed. They will kill other packs if need be, and believe are men are...pardon the pun, ‘dogs.’ They are skilled in combat and weaponry. We try to avoid fighting with the Furies for that reason alone, we know we would either be killed or badly injured. Kamalia doesn’t back down from a fight and her sister Livana is just as stubborn. Amaris is the one that fights with a sword when human; she is very lethal and is the reason why Kamalia has chosen her to be in her pack.”

          “How do you know about Kamalia and her pack?” “She has made a name for herself of these years and is respected by many tribes and covens. Even vampires do no mess with her, which is why she was shocked when you stood up to her.” “I could care less who or what she is; she is not going to mess around with me or my protector.” “Well I appreciate that Sevana, but she is very dangerous. More dangerous you might think.” As we continued to walk Maddox finally joined us after he hunted down a few animals himself. When Jacy talked about Kamalia it seemed like he knew more about her then he was letting onto, he knew more about her personally then any werewolf should. There was something going on between them, but maybe it was because she was this force to not be reckoned with and he just didn’t want to rattle her cage…or did he?



© 2009 ~RoyalVampire~


My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Reviews

Thats awsome.
so I guess that jacy and the leader of the other pack had something going on.
I love the wolves they are way better than jacy's pack of pets.


Posted 14 Years Ago



Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

151 Views
1 Review
Rating
Added on May 23, 2009


Author

~RoyalVampire~
~RoyalVampire~

Grand Blanc, MI



About
I am 24 yrs of age, and married to a wonderful man, whom I met on here actually =) I am attending college to become a medical assistant, and should be graduating by the end of this year. I am a cra.. more..

Writing
Prologue Prologue

A Chapter by ~RoyalVampire~


Chapter 1 Chapter 1

A Chapter by ~RoyalVampire~