Chapter 7

Chapter 7

A Chapter by ~RoyalVampire~

Contessa’s POV:

          “So I go into the castle, acting as a wounded vampire who seeks to talk to Lord Durstan and convince him to take me instead of Sevana?” I asked with an attitude. “I will be more than happy to help with the wounded part.” said Adolph with a grin. “I bet you would pup!” “You got anything better, leech!” “Actually I do dog!” Adolph was getting more pissed at me as we stood there. “Adolph, if you are going to phase then go do it where I can’t see you!” Jacy turned to yell at him, I noticed Adolph’s eyes changed to a dark brown color and then back to a light brown. I could tell they were all on edge, especially around a vampire.

          “Here’s my plan, since the three of you are werewolves you could set up a perimeter around the castle and I could find out where Sevana is and grab her before Durstan knows what hit him. If we have any trouble, well…” I looked at Jacy as I said the next part, “you are her protector.” “We will try your plan, Contessa. If we fail we will then have to go with what Adolph has said.” I hissed at Adolph who was standing about 5 feet from me and Jacy. Madox was barely paying attention, but heard enough to get excited about fighting other vampires.

          “Hell, yes! I’m in Jacy!” he smiled wildly making him look like a little kid. “Madox don’t get any ideas, we are just there for backup incase anything goes wrong with Contessa’s plan.” Jacy’s voice sounded stern and he was acting like a leader at that moment. “Then its settle, we will begin our plan tonight.”

Sevana’s POV:

          Durstan had only been in my room for five minutes, and was already questioning why Nicholas was there. “My Lord, I was keeping her company. She was worried that other vampires would do her more harm. She asked me to stay while she slept, I did as she asked.” “Very well, you may leave now Nicolas.” My heart sped up at what Durstan had said, I didn’t want Nicolas to leave, he was the only thing keeping me calm right now. “Yes my Lord.” He bowed to him and was immediately gone in a flash.

          “You are looking rather well, my love.” He smiled his evil grin at me. “No thanks to you.” I spat the words in his face. “Well I will take that as you are feeling well. You have one more night to decide whether or not you are going to be my queen, or die a painful death.” He turned and walked through the heavy wooden doors of my room. I let out a fearful sigh and crawled out of my bed and over to the window. I sat on the little bench and looked out over the vast land that lay beneath the castle walls, wondering if I would ever going to find a way out of this hell.

          I was disturbed by a knocking on my door, “You may enter.” I saw the smiling face of Nicolas enter the room as he walked over to where I was sitting. “Why so sad, beautiful?” I stared at him, there was something different about him and I knew he was a vampire, the way he moved and talked was definitely a give away that he had been around for at least three hundred or more. I turned back to the window as I answered him, “What would you do if you were stuck somewhere and the only chance you had was to agree to something that made your skin scrawl in order to stay alive?” He hesitated for a moment and then put his hand under my chin to lift my face to his.

          “I think I would rather die than do such a heinous thing.” He smiled at me and before I knew it his lips were on mine and I didn’t struggle to get away, it actually felt amazing. Then he backed off suddenly, “I’m so sorry. That was out of line.” He backed away more. “No, wait Nicolas.” I grabbed his arm and made him turn to face me. His eyes had changed color, they were black now. “Nicolas…your eyes…” This made his react even more, “Uh…I need to go.” Before I could ask him why he was gone in a split second. I sat there in utter confusion.

          Durstan was downstairs in his “office” as he liked to call it, wondering what else he could do to persuade Sevana to join him when he heard Nicolas enter his room. His eyes were black and he was trying to control the fear that was stirring in him, Durstan knew exactly what Nicolas was feeling he could sense his feelings. “Lord Durstan, I can’t do this. She is too powerful to persuade.” “You are more powerful! You told me you could do this, Nicolas you are on the ancient council for a reason…your father would be deeply disappointed if he knew you couldn’t control a newborn vampire. You disgust your own species!” “I am sorry Lord, I will try again. I promise you that.” With that Nicolas left the room as Durstan tried to focus on the chaos that was happening outside of his castle, as he was concentrating a servant entered his room with news.

Contessa’s POV:

          I was terrified to say the least, I mean I was about to enter the evilest of castles in the whole vampire realm and expect to come out alive! HA! I was lucky to get Sevana out alive…she was my main focus and that is way I focusing on being wounded and hurt more than scared. Once a vampire is hurt regardless if you know them or not, it is code to help them.

          I sensed the werewolves around the castle and knew this plan would work, Durstan loved the sense of power and if it was a special power like mine and Sevana’s was he couldn’t resist getting both of them. As I reached the door, a guard stopped me and asked who I was and why I was here. I explained that I had gotten into a fight with a pack of werewolves and had killed them, but was far from home and injured badly. The guard told me to wait till he checked with the master of the castle. He sent a messenger to Lord Durstan.

          “Lord, there is a female vampire at the gates that says she has fought off a pack of werewolves and seeks medical attention.” Durstan looked up from his concentrating and smiled, “Let her in and give her the attention she needs.” “As you wish master.”

          Okay, I had made it in the castle. Now to find out where Sevana was being kept. I was thinking maybe the dungeon, but then it’s Durstan he would keep her somewhere comfy and safe. Close to him, but not too close. As I walked through the hallway, limping. Yes, I actually was injured. Jacy had broken a rib and left a few bite marks that made me bleed and a few other injuries that would look like I had defended off three werewolves and killed them in the fight. I was shown to a gorgeous red and black room and was told the healer would be in to tend to me soon.

          I walked over to the bed, slowly sitting down. I was trying not to breathe in deeply since it actually hurt my ribs. I heard my door open and in walked a man with white hair and dark black eyes, he introduced himself as Cornelius and said he was the healer of the castle. He asked me to show him where the wounds were and he would see what he could do. Just to clear up a fact for those who are not familiar to how vampires work in the healing process, we can heal ourselves but not in sunlight and when we have serious injuries like broken bones and deep wounds or bites from other species, its best if we seek medical attention or if we know a healer and be healed as soon as possible before causing any other damage to our already perfect bodies.

          I watched as he put his hands over the wounds and said a few words in an old language as a light emitted from his hands and the pain was instantly gone. I thanked him for his help and he nodded and left the room. A maid entered shortly after the healer and told me these clothes were a gift of the master of the house. I thanked her as she also left the room. Durstan was a man of elegant taste and always made sure his guests were properly taken care of, the guests that he wished to get something from of course. I slipped the red tight dress on and pinned my hair up and some of my red curls framed my face and slipped on the silver heels and diamond necklace that was brought with the dress. The red dress was low cut showing off the cleavage I had, and hugged the rest of my body as it hit the floor and spread out in the back as a short train. I would have to say he did have excellent taste in the dresses he choice for his lady guests.

Sevana’s POV:

          As I was trying to figure out the reaction that Nicolas had done, I heard some commotion outside of my door. I heard one of the servants open the door across the hall from my room and opened my door to see who it was, but couldn’t see who was here visiting. Probably another of Durstan’s vampire friends who came to persuade me to become his queen, I hissed at the thought.

          I closed my door in disgust and went back to looking at the window. That’s when I saw a blur of brown fur run from the castle walls to the woods, which was strange I thought. I just disregarded it, buts that when I heard a howl come from where I saw the fur dash too. It actually startled me that I jumped a little bit. A maid came in after a few minutes and laid out a dark purple dress with silver shoes and a gorgeous diamond necklace with a matching tiara.

          I changed and decided to put my hair up halfway and placed the tiara on the top of my head, and then sat back down on the bench. I figured I might as well look out at the scenery that I would never see again, after becoming Durstan’s queen.

 



© 2009 ~RoyalVampire~


My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Reviews

awsome

Posted 14 Years Ago



Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

162 Views
1 Review
Rating
Added on April 23, 2009


Author

~RoyalVampire~
~RoyalVampire~

Grand Blanc, MI



About
I am 24 yrs of age, and married to a wonderful man, whom I met on here actually =) I am attending college to become a medical assistant, and should be graduating by the end of this year. I am a cra.. more..

Writing
Prologue Prologue

A Chapter by ~RoyalVampire~


Chapter 1 Chapter 1

A Chapter by ~RoyalVampire~