Chapter 6

Chapter 6

A Chapter by ~RoyalVampire~

Contessa’s POV:

          I was making my way back to the house, when I smelled something strange. Someone was following me and it wasn’t human. I turned to look behind me, when I caught a flash of brown fur. What the hell? I thought to myself. I kept my senses opened so I would be prepared to fight if this creature decided to attack me.

          I was usually not one to fight, but when it came to living or dying I determined I was going to live. I heard a growl come from behind me and turned to see a werewolf standing behind me. I instantly hissed, vampires and werewolves are known as natural enemies since the dawn of time. Sure, there were those who had peace treaties between them, there were even werewolves who protected certain vampires when needed. I on the other hand, despised these creatures. They were nothing but wild dogs who fed on innocent animals and humans.

          I got into my attack crouch, as I did so the werewolf that was feet from me took off. He must not have wanted to fight, but next time he stepped foot anywhere on my land I would kill him. I slowly got out of my crouch and looked around and heard nothing but silence. I turned to finish walking back to the house. I was maybe 5 feet from the house when I heard the ‘whoosh’ of wind behind me. It was getting closer to me and I was prepared to attack this thing, it was risking its own life around a vampire.

          I sensed it right behind me and knew exactly what move to make to take it down without letting it get a shot at ripping out my throat. In a sudden swift movement I grabbed its throat and slammed it down with such force that the ground shook and placed my knee on its chest. It was gasping for air, when it changed back into its human form. A male, of course. They are known to prey on about anything.

          “What the hell do you want!” my grip got tighter. “Give me one good reason not to kill you right now!” I pressed my knee deeper into his chest. “Pl..please.” I loosened my grip enough for him to speak… “I seek a vampire named Sevana Du’Cross.” This made my grip tighten again, “What business do you have with her?” “I...am...her...protector.” he coughed and gasped for more air. “You got to do better than that, dog!” I picked him up and slammed him against a tree as he slumped to the ground coughing. “I’m…serious…I need…to…speak…with…her please.” He was rubbing his hands around his neck where I had been grabbing him.

          “What’s your name, dog?” He looked up at me with dark eyes, “Jacy Faolan, Child of Gaia.” My eyes got big this wasn’t just any werewolf; this was a peaceful one, one of those protector’s I had just mentioned. They were assigned one vampire to protect at all cost, even give their life for. This tribe, Child of Gaia, was breed for that reason alone. “Sevana’s not here, pup. Now you can leave.”

          “Please…” he stood up and walked toward me, god he must be at least 6’4’’ with jet black hair reaching his shoulders, definitely muscular, warm brown skin, and his eyes were bright blue, “I need to know where she is.” I had to take a step back as he reached to where I was standing. “Like I said, she isn’t here. Now leave!” I was starting to get agitated with this pup.

          “Is there a problem here Jacy?” a low voice said as another man emerged from the trees. “No, everything is fine here Adolph.” The man he called Adolph came forward with his arms crossed, which showed off his muscles, and stood next to Jacy. “Whose this your leader?” I asked looking up at Adolph who was as tall as Jacy but his hair was brownish in color and braided on the sides and chopped in weird lengths.

          “No, this is Adolph Lowell; he is in my pack and also a Child of Gaia. I on the other hand am the leader of this pack.” I looked at both of them and laughed. “Some pack you got here.” Then I heard another voice coming from the woods, “Thanks guys. I really appreciate being left behind to hunt on my…wow!” He stared right at me, “You got a problem dog!?” I hissed. “This is Madox Channing, he’s new to the pack and not used to seeing vampires very much.” He gave Madox a look and then turned back to face me. “I can see that.” I eyed him up and down, he had to be a little shorter than the other two, but handsome. His hair was dark black in a shaggy hairstyle and was wearing a necklace with a tag on it, and was also tan like the other two.

          “Now, that we have introduced everyone…” Jacy was cut off by Madox. “Actually I don’t your name, bloodsucker.” I paused for a moment, “Contessa.” “Nice to meet…” Jacy interrupted Madox, “Anyways, Contessa. You need to tell me where Sevana is.” “Well if I knew that little piece of information, do you think I would be standing here talking to you?” sarcasm was dripping from my voice. “No need to be hasty, vampire.” Said Adolph as he took a step forward. “Take one more step towards me dog and you will regret it.” I hissed at him as I showed off my fangs.

          “Enough! We do not want to cause any wars between our species.” Jacy placed his hand in front of Adolph and looked at me. I slowly backed off and so did Adolph. “Maybe if we work together we can find Sevana.” I decided that maybe I should tell him where she might be, might be a good idea to have a werewolf on my side even though I despise them. “She is with Lord Durstan.” Jacy’s eyes got big as did the others with him. “Yes, you all know what that means. She was taken by him for her powers. If we don’t get to her soon, she could be dead or worse his queen.”

          “Damn it!” Jacy uncrossed his arms and put his head in his hands. “This is my fault; I wasn’t watching her close enough.” “This is not your fault, brother.” Adolph put his hand on Jacy’s shoulder and then looked back at me with those brown eyes, “Do you have a plan, vampire?” “If I did, I would have already been at Durstan’s castle and getting Sevana the hell out of there. If you have anything better let me know.”

 

Sevana’s POV:

          Where the hell was I? I couldn’t feel anything, but hear the sound of my heart beating and an awful burning in my stomach. What happened to me? I tried to roll over, but as soon as I moved pain went through my body and I screamed out in horror. I wanted to open my eyes, but was afraid if I did that I would see what was causing me so much pain. “Lay still…you are safe now.” I didn’t recognize the voice, but at the moment I really didn’t care who it was.

          “Just lay still and I will get a healer right away.” It was a male voice that much I could make out and it seemed kind and gentle. I decided this might be a good time to open my eyes and as I did a man came into focus. He was smiling at me and had blonde hair and dark grey eyes. “Who…are…you?” My voice sounded strained and weak. “My name is Nicholas, and you need a healer.” “What happened to me?” “You were hurt really bad, there were some evil men that came into the castle trying to kill us and they hit you with a fireball in the stomach. You are lucky they didn’t aim for your heart.”

          “Yeah I guess I am.” Then another male came in with white hair and cold dark eyes. He sat next to me on the bed and placed his hands over my wound and said something in another language. I saw a glowing light coming from his hands and then the pain I was feeling suddenly seemed to melt away and then it was completely gone. The light faded and the male talked to Nicholas and then left the room. “How are you feeling now?” he asked kindly. “Much better. I don’t feel any pain at all.” I touched my stomach and saw there was nothing there; it was smooth as it had been before.

          “Thank you.” I said smiling at Nicholas. “I didn’t really do much, but you are welcome. Now you should get some rest, Durstan will be in to see you soon to make sure you are alright.” “No! I don’t want to see him ever, I just want out of here. Out of this horrid place now!” I sat up and started to get up when Nicholas grabbed my waist and sat me back down on the bed. “Don’t worry, he won’t be here long and if it makes you feel any better I can stay in here with you while you sleep.”

          “I would like that, thank you.” He nodded and I lay back against the pillows while he placed the blankets overtop of me. “Sleep well, Sevana.” He walked over to a chair and sat down. I rolled onto my side and slowly fell asleep.

 



© 2009 ~RoyalVampire~


My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Reviews

I on the other hand, despised these creatures. They were nothing but wild dogs who fed on innocent animals and humans. A male, of course. They are known to prey on about anything.

I mad she said that, well i resent these remarks. And the male thing was very sexist.
I still love the book.Its awsome but I am also mad that the werewolves are just breed to protect vampires almost as pets, you should add real wolves.I still love the book just mad how you portrayed the werewolves.
Awsome chapter can't wait to see what happens next.


Posted 14 Years Ago



Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

181 Views
1 Review
Rating
Added on April 23, 2009


Author

~RoyalVampire~
~RoyalVampire~

Grand Blanc, MI



About
I am 24 yrs of age, and married to a wonderful man, whom I met on here actually =) I am attending college to become a medical assistant, and should be graduating by the end of this year. I am a cra.. more..

Writing
Prologue Prologue

A Chapter by ~RoyalVampire~


Chapter 1 Chapter 1

A Chapter by ~RoyalVampire~