Chapter 12

Chapter 12

A Chapter by ~RoyalVampire~

Contessa’s POV:

          “What the hell was that all about?” asked Jacy as he and Adolph emerged from the trees. “What?” I turned to walk back toward the camp but I felt a strong hand on my arm pulling me backwards. I saw Jacy nod to Adolph and Madox and then he pulls me by a tree, “She found out didn’t she?” he asks in a sincere tone. “Yeah, so?” Why was I being defensive? I mean its not like Jacy didn’t already know about all this, but confiding in him would be the weirdest and most stupid thing to do…so I thought.

          As we stood there, me explaining what had taken place and how Sevana had heard me and Jacy talking and finding the book of her mother’s. “So I had to tell her the truth…if not then she would have gone back to Durstan and gotten herself killed.” I was trying to hold back the concern and worry that I was feeling, but Jacy read through my tough exterior that I was putting off. “We will go look for her, I promise. She will be fine. If she dies then I have failed as a protector and a werewolf.” He said as laid one of his large tan hands on my shoulder.

Sevana’s POV:

          I couldn’t believe what Nicolas had done. I mean to bring him back as a vampire, to see him go through all that pain and then turn around and act like it was nothing and then kiss me! How dare he!! I was so pissed that I decided to go for a walk, a walk that ended up being a sprint that turned into a fast run that before I realized had led me back to a place I hadn’t seen in years….Du’Cross castle.

          As I got closer, it was in ruins. Only a few towers and part of the wall was actually still intact. The last time I saw this place was when I was human and still naïve about all that was actually out there. Last time I was here my parents both lay dying. I had to find the strength to walk toward the ruins. They were blackened with smoke and covered with weeds. I reached out to touch the spot where there had once been a doorway, but as I got inches from it I retracted my hand back to my side.

          I almost turned to walk away, but then noticed something in the rubble and ruins that caught my attention. I walked past where there were once stairs and there in the middle of the once room was a vanity….my vanity. It once was white and had gold trim all around the mirror and across the front and down the sides. Now it was almost brown looking and the mirror was somewhat broken and dirty. I took my hand and wiped across the dingy looking mirror and looked at the face that was looking back at me…the face of someone I hadn’t seen in years.

          It almost shocked me to remember myself the way I once was…human. It’s rare for vampires who have been changed to remember much of their human lives, unless something traumatic happened during their change to alter their brains to remember their last images to engrave it into their minds for eternity. I will forever remember seeing my parents slowly die and forever see those eye’s of Graven’s as he leaned in and took the very life from me that I once had.

          He made me this monster that I am now; I will never forgive him for what he has done. For that he will pay the ultimate price…death. Until then I will find all there is to find about why my parents were killed and what secrets lay hidden in this castle and one other vampire…Durstan.

Contessa’s POV:

          “We have searched for miles; she is nowhere to be found.” Jacy was frantic in a macho sounding way. “You want me and Madox to widen the search more?” asked Adolph as he took out a knife and sharpened it against a rock. “No, we will start again in the morning. I’m hoping Kamalia….” He broke off. “If Kamalia did anything she knows what type of danger she would be in and how that is against the code of what we are and what we do. Even she would not do such a thing, even if she does not abide by the law.”

          I was sitting by the fire that Madox had started up when we heard a howling noise pierce through the woods. Instantly the guys were up around me Jacy facing where the noise had emerged from, out of the trees stepped a gorgeous white wolf with blue eyes. It stared at us for a moment and then turned to walk into the woods. A moment later a beautiful woman with long dark hair, and blue eyes walked out from where the white wolf had appeared. She walked with a grace far beyond her years and the men stared in shock like they were seeing an angel.  

          Of course I spoke up, “Who the hell are you?” I asked folding my arms across my chest as I stood up and pushed my way through the men who were surrounding me. “My name is Elena Rendall.” She strode forward slowly as each men bowed as she walked by them. She stopped in front of me as I stood there staring her down I was about to say something when Jacy stepped in front of me. “I am sorry Elena…Contessa here doesn’t really know how to show respect to her elders.” He growled low at me.

          “Oh I am sorry,” I started sarcastically, “we are in the mist of trying to find a missing vampire. Pardon me if I don’t wish to bow down to one of your stupid elders. I have better things to do.” I scoffed. Elena did not seem shocked by my response at all; she just had a stern look on her face as she watched the other guys as they basically drooled over her. Disgusting. Jacy made a point of pulling me aside…again.

          “What?!” I hissed in his face. “You do not know who you are dealing with here. That is Elena Rendall who is the mate of Chandak Rendall; they are the first ones of the official pack that started the pact of protecting…your kind.” “Well, I don’t need protecting so I have nothing to do with this little pact of yours.” “You don’t understand. You have a protector. If you do not officially accept that you can put a lot of lives in danger. I know you are worried about Sevana and I want to find her as much as you do. It will kill me if something happens to her, but as of right now we have to deal with Elena. If she is pleased with our mission then she will be on her way.”

          Jacy was actually pleading with me to please this so called “elder” and if I didn’t comply with his pleading then I could put lives in danger and make her upset. I guess I could try pleasing this mutt. She could be easy to please, but let me make this clear. I hate werewolves!

Sevana’s POV:

          As I sat there thinking of my next move, I felt someone behind me. I swiftly turned and was caught by the throat with a hand and slammed against one of the broken walls. I looked up and it was those eyes... “Graven” I gasped as I felt the air burn in my lungs, filling them again as stood up. “Good to see you in our old meeting place, my dear.” His smile sent shivers down my spine; this vampire was not to be played with. “Yeah well you decided to make me who I am today and kill my parents…why?” I was standing still preparing and reading for his next move.

          “Don’t you see? This was all part of the plan. You alive and your parent’s dead. Trust me you are better off, they would never have agreed to your new found…way of life you could say.” He chuckled a bit. “The one that you gave me? The one that I now can’t even live with because I despise myself each and every day. You took my life Graven.” I was feeling so many emotions that no vampire should ever feel. “You were given a new life, reborn as something much better then your normal boring little human life could give you. You live for eternity and thrive on blood. There is no way better to live, all the power that you can obtain.”

          “I don’t want power, or eternal life. I want to find love and raise a family. But you took all that from me and now I will never experience any of those things.” I got into a crouching position. “Now my dear don’t do anything rash.” He half smiled as he himself got into a crouching position, a hunting position. “Oh this wont be rash, this will be well deserved.” I hissed and sprang. We both crashed into one another, he threw me over his back and onto the dirt floor in one quick fluid movement. I instantly sprung up and hit his chest as hard as I could, sending him flying into the stone wall behind him.

          “Is that all you have my dear. You are going to have to do better than this. You aren’t dealing with just your regular vampire.” He laughed as he got up from where I sent him flying only seconds before. He rushed towards me but I moved just in time for him to crash into another stone wall. This irritated him even more. “Now I am just going to have to kill you.” He spoke as I saw his fangs extend from the top of his jaw. I also extended mine and smiled brightly, “This is going to be fun.”

Contessa’s POV:

          As I sat there relishing the fact that I was pretending to be nice to this stupid mutt…all I could do was think about Sevana. I tried sensing her, but felt her around nowhere. She must have gone far and who knows what type of creature found her out there. Sevana was strong, but to take on another vampire stronger than her could turn out bad. She was weak in so many ways, and her skills were still in the works.

          As Jacy, Madox, and Adolph graced their presence with Elena. I decided to sneak off myself and find Sevana before she got herself into a bad situation or worse…killed. I finally caught up with her scent about a mile from camp. It led east which is where we had come just a few days ago. I also caught another scent, but this one was faint and very different…almost human. I finally came across an old abandoned house, covered with vines and weeds. I decided to search the house to make sure she wasn’t hiding out there. I slowly opened the door and was then in seconds laying on the ground with a hissing face in mine. Great. I thought. Just what I need more stupid idiotic vampires to deal with, here we go.

 



© 2009 ~RoyalVampire~


My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Reviews

WoW !!!
I liked this chapter a lot !!!
Awesome !!!
It was really good indeed ...
So well written =D

Posted 14 Years Ago



Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

153 Views
1 Review
Rating
Added on June 25, 2009


Author

~RoyalVampire~
~RoyalVampire~

Grand Blanc, MI



About
I am 24 yrs of age, and married to a wonderful man, whom I met on here actually =) I am attending college to become a medical assistant, and should be graduating by the end of this year. I am a cra.. more..

Writing
Prologue Prologue

A Chapter by ~RoyalVampire~


Chapter 1 Chapter 1

A Chapter by ~RoyalVampire~