Chapter 13

Chapter 13

A Chapter by ~RoyalVampire~

Seconds went by as I processed what my move would be next, I heard a growl and a hiss coming from myself and the vampire on top of me. I flipped my body over and pinned the hissing vampire to the ground; his fangs inches from my face. I could smell that he was a newly turned vampire. His breathe smelled of new blood; and also a scent that I recognized immediately…Sevana’s blood.

          I knew she wasn’t dead, but this fledgling could have possibly come across her and damaged her in some way. I bared my teeth more and a terrible growl ripped from my throat as I flung this vampire against the wall to the abandoned house, dust went flying as I slammed him into the wall. “Where is she!?” I hissed with venom in my tone. I had my hand wrapped around his throat. All he did was chuckle at my tone and started to snap at me again.

          “Tell me where the vampire that you fed on is!?” I yelled at him once again. I tightened my grip on his throat, causing him to gasp for air this time. His smile turned into a slight frown; and he looked at me like he knew me. He stared at me for a moment and then said in between gasps for air, “Con…” gasp, “tessa?” the shock from him knowing my name made me snap my hand back from his neck, causing him to fall to the forest floor regaining his strength and get his breathing back to normal.

          “Who the hell are you? How do you know my name?” my tone was close to a whisper now. He looked up with grey colored eyes and smirked at me as he stood back up, “You don’t recognize the vampire that saved your cute little behind?” he moved his hands up and down gesturing himself as he smiled. I backed up a few feet and then it hit me, “Nicolas?” I asked in a shocked tone. I figured he would have been dead by now, or worse one of Durstan’s followers.

          “In the flesh…well thanks to Sevana of course.” He was still smiling...showing off his fangs as he did. “What the hell happened to you? And why do you smell like a newly turned vampire?” I was really suspicious now. “Long story…short version; I was turned into a human by the ancient council and punished to carry out my humanity in the woods till I died. Sevana found me and willingly changed me back to, well…” he trailed off. I already knew where he was going with this.

          “Why would she willingly do that? What did you do bribe her with something?” I was getting irritated with this smart-a*s vampire. “I didn’t bribe her with anything; she knew that I wouldn’t survive as human much longer, so she ‘saved’ me in a sense. But after I kissed her….”

 “Whoa…kissed her?!” I interrupted him. “Yeah, I kissed her. She must not have felt the same way I did and she took off. Haven’t seen her since.” He shrugged it off like it was nothing. This made me upset, yet again. I closed the gap between us and was inches from his face, “Where did she go?” I asked trying to keep my voice even. “Did you not just hear me? I told you I have no idea.” His tone was sarcastic. “Listen you…” I stopped and turned to face the trees that were once behind me.

          “Look, I’m sorry. If I knew where she went I would tell you.” His tone was sincere; at least that is what he was putting off. “Oh you will tell me…” I turned to face him again, “in the house now.” I demanded and he stared at me and groaned and started to walk back inside the house as I followed; knowing this would hurt him more than me. I smiled at the thought.

Sevana’s POV:

          “Damn it!” I stood up and looked down at my bloodied and broken right arm and torn outfit. I brushed the dust from the concrete wall off my shoulder and other arm. Graven was walking toward me with that wicked smile of his. He was enjoying this way too much, as was I. I knew that if I didn’t take him out soon or distract him to make an escape; I wasn’t going to make it out of this showdown alive.

          His eyes were locked on mine and they were what scared me the most, his eyes were something unreal and unnatural. He could do things with his eyes that most vampires would be either envious of or terrified to mess with. Me, on the other hand, was stupid enough to think that I could take him on with a broken arm, and barely skilled enough to take on a normal vampire; let alone one who had been alive for hundreds of years or more.

          From that moment everything happened in slow motion, something emitted from Graven’s hands, but was blocked by something that was coming from mine. I had closed my eyes as I was thinking of defeating Graven or at least getting away alive. As I watched in shock, the blue light that was emitting from Graven’s hands was being sent back slowly to him and then suddenly he was sent flying backward; like an explosion had gone off in front of him.

          The power coming from my hands disappeared and I smirked a little. I walked over to where Graven lay bloodied and broken, “Sucks doesn’t it?” I kicked his side as he let out a hiss. I leaned down and took his face in my hands and whispered, “You will pay for what you did to me and my family.” Then I slammed his hand down onto the ground and knocked him unconscious. I took off as soon as I dropped his head to the ground; I was on a mission and it wasn’t going to be interrupted this time. Durstan was next, and he was going to know the wrath of a Du’Cross.

Contessa’s POV:

          “What the hell woman! That hurts!” Nicolas had his hands balled into fists as I was still holding onto his head with my hands; my eyes closed as I concentrated on his thoughts and memories, trying to find Sevana. There were memories that hurt to even see; some that were disgusting…men…and then I finally saw the one I was searching for. Sevana was standing in front of Nicolas and she had a concerned look on her face; like something was wrong. I then figured out this was when Nicolas was still human and Sevana was helping him into the house and then I saw the transformation; the very little that Nicolas remembered and then that disgusting kiss that he was talking about, and then I saw her bolt out the door and of course Nicolas didn’t go after her, so he was telling the truth he didn’t know where she was.

          I let go of his head and paced the room, “Could you have been any rougher with that?” he asked as he rubbed his temples. “No, I could have done a lot worse than that, be grateful that I was feeling generous.” I sneered at him. “That was you being generous? Well I will keep that in mind for next time.” He hissed back at me and now his head was in his hands as he leaned forward.

          “Don’t be so melodramatic; at least now I know why she hated you kissing her. I would be disgusted myself as well.” I smirked in his direction. “Don’t be so sure of yourself. I know plenty of women who would be begging to be in your position.” He chuckled a bit as he got up and walked toward me. “What the hell do you think you are doing?” I asked as I backed up toward the old ancient kitchen that was in this small house. “Don’t you want to see so yourself—before you judge what its like?” he had a smile spread across his face. “Get the hell away from me! You can’t be serious about this!?”

          “Well, it could be interesting and you might actually like it.” He took another step toward me. “Do not take another step toward me or you will regret it!” I was concentrated on what I would do to escape this situation. “What are you going to do?” he stared into my eyes and I suddenly felt a pull that was so strong. I felt like I had to walk toward him, that I wanted to be near him and I wanted him to kiss me. What the hell is going on with me, I thought. Nicolas is doing something to me, but I couldn’t figure out what it was.

          As I stood there frozen—it was like my legs, well any part of my body for that matter, wouldn’t move. Suddenly I felt smooth lips on mine and my eyes closed. I couldn’t believe what was happening, why was I kissing Nicolas? He had some sort of power over me and it didn’t feel right. I knew that he was using a power on me, but I couldn’t break away from this pull….this sensation to get closer to him. What was going on with me? Obviously something was wrong or I was daydreaming, because in the whole time I was alive, as reborn into a vampire, I never felt a pull to anyone like this before.

          Sure I cared about people and my family, but I have never loved or even felt this strong for anyone till…now. Wow, something definitely was wrong with me. As the kiss continued and Nicolas pulled away from me smiling, I looked into his dark grey eyes that were sparkling now and just stared into them. There was something there, they seemed warm. Well, as warm as they could be for a vampire. No, no, no. I was thinking to myself, this was all wrong. I needed to get away from him and soon.

          I think he sensed that something was wrong, he placed his hands on either side of my face and looked me in the eyes, “Contessa?” his voice was tense but had an edge of concern to it. “What’s wrong?” I stood there not knowing what to say, or what to do. I knew that I needed to escape from here and avoid Nicolas at all cost, but then again I was safe here. I needed to make up my mind on what I was going to do and how I was going to do it.

          I then realized that I hadn’t answered Nicolas yet. I shook my head to get out of the daze that I was in, “Yeah, I’m fine. I just need some fresh air and maybe feed a little bit.” “I can go with you.” He insisted. “No!” I said way too fast and he got a surprised look on his face. “What I mean is, I will be fine on my own. I can take care of myself.” I finally got my voice back to normal; pretending like nothing had ever happened. “Okay.” He said and then walked back over to the living area and sat back down on the chair he was in before.

          I think I was officially losing it, I sighed and headed for the door. As soon as I shut it behind me I took off in a rush getting as far away as I could for the time being. I needed to find Sevana that was top priority and then I would deal with Nicolas…eventually.

 



© 2009 ~RoyalVampire~


My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Reviews

AWESOME BIG SIS! I love this so far! mmmooooorrreeee please!!!

Posted 14 Years Ago



Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

138 Views
1 Review
Rating
Added on July 6, 2009


Author

~RoyalVampire~
~RoyalVampire~

Grand Blanc, MI



About
I am 24 yrs of age, and married to a wonderful man, whom I met on here actually =) I am attending college to become a medical assistant, and should be graduating by the end of this year. I am a cra.. more..

Writing
Prologue Prologue

A Chapter by ~RoyalVampire~


Chapter 1 Chapter 1

A Chapter by ~RoyalVampire~