Chapter 2

Chapter 2

A Chapter by Knight731

Jay began to look around the dorm room, the big empty space, minus the two beds and dressers on each side of the room, and their suitcases on each of the beds.
May looked over at hers and walked to it stopping once she got to the bed. Jay noticed and went over to her, putting a hand on her shoulder as he saw a folded note and her bed; picking it up and opening it.
"Don't forget to stop and smell the flowers, signed by Doku."
Jay read out loud and looked at his bed, seeing another folded note. Jay looked at his sister and smiled a bit. "It looks like the same thing." He said softly before setting the note back on her bed. Jay went to his bed and began to put his things away, May doing the same. After they were done, he looked to his sister and went over to her with a pamphlet in hand. "I have our classroom number. Let's go find it." he said as he smiled, May getting up and nodding.
As they both stepped out and locked the door, Jay took a quick look around. He had been so focused on making sure May was alright, he completely overlooked the fact that they had never left the main building. They found the stairs that lead down to the second floor on the map from Jay’s pamphlet and the other set of stairs leading to the ground floor, where all the classrooms were. They looked for a while, finding the cafeteria and indoor auditorium in the process before they finally found their classroom.
Jay walked in and looked around, giving his sister a smile. "We will be fine. We only have to stay here for the year. Then we can go to Aunt Ambers for the other two years." He told May and she nodded, giving him a smile.
"Awe man, I have this classroom again?" Jay and May heard a feminine voice from the door, turning to see a student in a male’s uniform with long white hair standing at the door. They saw Jay and May, giving a smile. Jay stared at the student for a moment, wanting to say something but not sure how to address them. 
"Oh, hello." They said as they walked in. "You two must be new! I don't recognize you." They spoke in a chipper tone as they looked down at May, their purple eyes staring into her blue ones.
Jay put a hand on May's shoulder and gently pulled her back a bit. "Yes, we are first years. I'm Jay, and this is my sister May." Jay introduced them and the students’ smile only grew. So far, everything about this student was confusing to him. They were in a male’s uniform but had the appearance and voice of a girl.  
"It's nice to meet you! My name is Angel Cupidon." Jay gave a small smile of relief upon hearing their name. 
‘Oh, thank God.’ He thought to himself. ‘It’s a girl. I don’t have to worry about being rude.’ He then took a silent breath, glancing over at May who had been staring at them the entire time they had entered the room. 
"What a...pretty name for a pretty girl." Jay told Angel and they just laughed. "Thank you but, I'm a boy."
Jay's face went red and he quickly looked down to the floor. "I am so sorry!" He exclaimed, making Angel flinch a bit but his expression quickly lightened up. 
"It's fine, this happens all the time. My name wasn't my idea, of course. But I guess my hairstyle doesn't really help much." He said as Jay looked up again. "I guess I could cut it, I’d really look like my dad if I did..." Angel mumbled to himself before shaking his head, holding his hand out.
"Anyway, we are going to be in the same class, might as well be friends!" Angel said with a large smile and Jay reached out for his hand, only to have May slap it away.
Jay pulled his hand back and looked at May, seeing her eyes were on Angel. He noticed as well, looking at himself. "Oh, I see you noticed." Angel said as he pulled his shirt up a bit, showing off two hatchets in holsters, one of each side of his hips. Jay backed up and pulled May with him. 
Angel had a look of confusion on his face for only a moment before it was changed with realization. "Oh...No, No. I only have these because I'm in a club. I wouldn't dream of using them on a couple of first years." Angel told them. "I still want to be friends, but I understand if you need space. Come to me if you two need anything." Angel said as he waved, going to leave the classroom.
"Oh, but, they are issuing weapons for you first years, you might want to check it out." Angel said as he left, closing the classroom door.
Jay let out a sigh and rubbed the back of his neck before looking down at May. "Let's go see if they have anything small. Being here, we are more than likely going to need it." Jay said as he took hold of her hand, leaving the classroom. They wandered around for a bit until they found a room with a few students in it. Jay walked in and looked around, seeing tables and bins filled with all kinds of bladed weapons. May walked in after him, going to a sword rack.
Jay followed after her, holding onto her hand as he took nervous glances at the other students. She saw two handles but no blades attached. May picked them up and showed them to her brother, him taking one and looking at it. "Maybe they broke." Jay said as he handed it back to May. 
"Oh! Those are cool!" A small voice exclaimed. Both May and Jay turned around with great speed, seeing a girl with orange hair in small pigtails. "Those are retractable daggers. You just.." She leaned over and pressed a button in the middle of the handle, the blade quickly coming out. May looked at the other and pressed the button on it, the blade doing the same.
"You're really lucky, I heard those are super hard to come by!" She said with a large smile as she held her hand out. “The name is Vicky! I'm a first-year, too." May glanced at her up and down before shaking her hand, Jay doing the same.
"Nice to meet you. I'm Jay and that is May.” He said in a friendly yet reserved voice. It was then he noticed that her left eye was covered with a medical eyepatch. “If you don't mind my asking, what happened to your eye?" He asked as he pointed to her eye. 
"Oh, this? I lost it when I was out on a mission. That's why I'm here!" Vicky explained with a bright smile as if she didn’t have a care in the world. "Anyway, I gotta get going. Bye-Bye!" She shouted before quickly making her way out of the room. May then looked at Jay, holding them up. Jay hesitated for a moment before nodding a bit, her smiling brightly.
May then walked off, looking for a holster for her newfound weapons. As she did, Jay looked around a bit, trying to find something small. As he was looking around, he looked to the door to see Emily and Illaden standing by it. 
"How wonderful. I hope everyone is finding everything okay." Emily said with a large smile as the students in the room turned to her. Emily, seemingly unfazed by it, walked in and looked around with Illaden following her. 
"Emily, you shouldn't be in this room, of all places." He told her as Emily inspected the weapons and hummed a soft tune. Illaden glared at the students as he stood beside Emily. "Oh please, honey. I think I'll be fine." Emily told him and he sighed. 
"Need I remind you of your status? And the rule that you put in place?" Illaden asked her and Emily turned to him, grabbing his face. "Stop your worrying, my darling. With you by my side, I’ll be just fine." She told him before letting go of him. She gave one more look around the room before her eyes landed on May, who was adjusting her new holster. Jay watched May with a soft smile, holding her dagger until she was ready to put them away. 
Emily then made her way over to them, clearing her throat to get their attention. "Aren't you two adorable. You are the Williams, right?" Emily asked and Jay nodded a bit. "How-How did you know?" He asked her nervously. 
"I try to make it a point to memorize important faces. I also try to make a point to at lease remember last names and room numbers. That’s an important skill, you know."She explained before giving them a wink. It was then that her phone began to buzz loudly from her pocket. She removed it and opened it, giving out a sigh of annoyance before putting it away.
“Tenma just attacked a student. Seriously, I thought I made it perfectly clear that no one was to be harmed today.” Emily’s tone harshly changed from cheerful to one of aggravation. Illaden gave her a nod in response. 
“You did.” He mumbled before Emily let out another sigh and shook her head, turning to the siblings. “Anyway, your sister is a mute, correct? I want to let you know that we do not have any special classes here. She will be in the same classes as everyone else. I can notify your teacher of the disability but that’s as much as I can do. I’m sorry if that proves to be a problem for the two of you.” She explained in a more matter of fact tone, Jay nodding.
“Right. Thank you for letting us know. We wouldn’t want her to be in a different class, anyway. She is doing just fine without any extra help.” Jay responded with a small smile, Emily returning it.
“Good. I had seen her grades from her other school. I have no dought that she will do just as well here.” Emily told him as she took out her phone again. "Oh, we must be going." She said as she turned quickly, snapping her fingers as she walked. "Come on, Illaden. We have important matters to discuss." Emily said as she walked out of the room, Illaden quickly following after her.
Jay looked down at his sister and gave a smile. "Picture perfect couple, am I right?" He asked and May smiled, sticking out her tongue. After that, they spent the rest of the day mapping out the school, seeing where everything was.
As night time rolled around there was an announcement over the speakers. "Attention all students, a mandatory curfew is in place effective immediately. Curfew is 10:00 P.M., no later. Classes start tomorrow, so be ready!" Emily's energetic voice rang over the school before the speakers turned off. May and Jay made their way through the school, going back to their dorm room.
Once they got in, Jay locked the door and checked to make sure no one could get in. When he turned to face the inside of the room, he saw May with one of the daggers out, bringing one of the blades out and switching hands with it. Jay went over to her and put a hand on her head. "Let's get some sleep. I have a feeling you will get to use those sooner or later."
He said with a small frown as she put it away. They each changed and got into bed before going to sleep, Jay sighed dreading the next day to come.


© 2020 Knight731


My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

31 Views
Added on May 20, 2019
Last Updated on May 4, 2020
Tags: Highschool, murder, school


Author

Knight731
Knight731

Panama City, FL



About
Hi! I am a highschool student who just likes to write. I know my stories arent the best but I still want to share them. I hope you like them and I would love to hear feedback on what I can do to mak.. more..

Writing