Chapter 6

Chapter 6

A Chapter by Knight731

Morning soon came around, Jay waking up to the sunlight from the window hitting his face. He got out of bed with a tired grumble and went to the bathroom to get himself ready for his day. As he came out of the bathroom, he noticed the time; seeing that they over sept. He went over to May’s bed to find her sound asleep.


He let out a soft sigh and shook her shoulder gently "May, get up." He said to her in a soft voice. She eventually sat up and rubbed her eyes before getting out of the bed and grabbing her uniform off her dresser, heading to the bathroom. Jay waited for her to come out before handing her daggered to her with a bright smile on his face.


“We overslept, Let’s hurry and get to class. We don’t want to be late on the second day.” He told her as she nodded, heading out the door with him. Jay quickly locked the door and the two made their way to their classroom, not surprised to see a good number of students were already there. As soon as the siblings took their seats, Vicky came in with a bounce in her step as she took her seat behind them.


As Vicky took her seat, May got out a notebook from her desk and began to write in it, handing the notebook to Jay. Vicky watched quietly as the two would exchange soft smiles and silent giggles while passing the notebook back and forth. 



"Hey, May. I was wondering something." Vicky said as she poked her shoulder, May turning to look at her. "When you think and write, what does the little voice in your head sound like?" She asked with a large smile. May looked at her brother, who looked back and gave Vicky a smile. "I have been told it sounds like our mom." Jay told her before facing the front, May nodding at Vicky before turning around.


Eventually, Angel got in class, he stopped and looked at May and Jay with a large closed-mouthed smile. "Are you ready for this afternoon?" He asked the two. But before Jay could think of something to say, Angel quickly went over to him, holding Jay’s hands tightly in his own.


"I know I am! I just can't wait to see your skills!" He said happily before holding one of May's hands. "Both of you!" May quickly retracted her hand, glaring at him before smacking his other hand, making him let go of Jay's. Angel rubbed his other hand, the smile now a soft frown. "Ouch. You’re going to hurt my feelings." He said with a small laugh before going to his desk, taking a seat. Mrs. Joy came in shortly after him and began to lesson for the day. Halfway through the day, the speakers came on, only to be followed by Emily's voice soon after.


"Good afternoon, everybody! Today is the day! I need all students who are participating in the first festival of the year to please make their way to the outside auditorium right away! Also, if you have been selected to participate, it is mandatory for you to come. If you don't then you will be breaking a rule and you know what happens after that. That wouldn't be fun for anyone~ That will be all." Emily's energetic tone only made Jay's nerves jumpy.


He didn't move out of his seat however, as if frozen in fear. May stood up and looked over at him, snapping her fingers in front of his face. Jay quickly looked up at her, making her jump back a bit in surprise. Jay got up and let out a sigh before he felt an arm hook around his. "Let's go!" Angel yelled joyfully before beginning to walk, May following close behind them. They made their way to the auditorium and entered, A small group of students waiting.


"It's about time! I thought you three would be a no show." Emily said at the front of the group with Illaden by her side. The three went in with the rest of the group before Emily cleared her throat.


"Alright kiddies, listen closely because I’m about to go over the rules. It's very important to follow these rules because if you don't, you will be disqualified." Emily warned before taking a breath.


"Okay. The first rule is that you can only hit the ground twice before you are disqualified. Once you hit the ground twice or your body is on the ground for longer than thirty seconds, I will announce it from my seat and you will make your way to the nearest wall and you will wait until the festival is over. If someone is touching the wall after they have been disqualified, they are safe from harm. The second rule is you cannot harm anyone in the audience, that should go without saying but who knows.” Emily said with a small shrug. 


"The last rule is that when it is announced that the festival is over, you stop whatever you're doing. If you don’t stop, even if you are in mid-swing, you will be disqualified." Emily finished with a large smile plastered on her face. Jay took a small glance around to area to look at the other students. As he looked towards Emily once again, he was met with the harsh and icy stare of Illaden. 


"This is a test of not only strength but also intelligence. All of you could make it out unharmed if this game is played right but I know that won't be the case. You will have the time until the festival starts to go to your dorms and get yourself prepared. And remember, this is a performance!" Emily said loudly as she clapped her hands before her face suddenly went blank.


"So don't f**k it up." She told them before smiling again, taking Illadens hand and beginning to walk. "Come on, pumpkin. We have to get the other council members together!" She yelled enthusiastically as she walked off. After Emily left, some students left while other students from the group stayed in the middle of the soon to be battleground. Angel went over to and area away from the others who stayed and took out his hatches as he began to practice. 


Jay took a seat on the ground and let out a soft groan as he ran a hand through his hair. May took a seat next to him and slammed her fist into her hand once again. Jay looked at her and huffed.


"And how do you plan to do that?" He asked her and she stopped, thinking for a minute before looking at the ground.


"Exactly. I think our best bet is to get knocked down twice and get to the wall." Jay told her quietly before looking at Angel who was swinging his hatches at the air. "But we also have to look out for him..." Jay mumbled before leaning back, laying on the ground.


May looked at Angel and watched him for a bit. Her eyes soon lit up and she smiled, repeating the hand motion. May looked at her brother before getting up, going to a corner of the auditorium, and began to watch Angel closely.


Later, in the council room.


Emily let out a small giggle as she jumped up and sat on the table in the council room. She watched with an eager eye as Illaden walked up to her, placing his hands on her hips. "One more?" She asked him sweetly.


"You know they are going to be here any minute." Illaden told her and she pouted at him "Please? We have time." She told him and watched as he smiled. He leaned in and kissed her gently. Emily wrapped her arms around his neck as she kissed back aggressively. After a few seconds, Illaden pushed her down on the table, holding her hips in place. Emily broke the kiss and laughed softly.


"Oh my. Someone is enjoying this." She teased with a smile. Illaden returned the smile but it dropped when he heard the doors to the council room open. "Can you refrain from doing such indecent acts in the council room? You are our council president, show some grace for once." A voice stopped Emily and Illaden.


Emily looked at the door and smiled to see Tenma leaning against the door frame. "Tenma! Come in and take a seat." Emily called but her smile dropped once he scoffed. "Not while you’re pinned to the table. Honestly, the council room is no place for you to practice your kinks." He told her as Emily slowly sat up. Illaden let out an annoyed scoff. "How is your boyfriend?" Illaden asked with a soft grin, Tenma’s face flushing a light pink.


"Don't bring him up in this." Tenma hissed at him. "You can always wait outside." Illaden told him with slight annoyance in his voice but Emily shook her head, her smile returning. "No, Tenma is right. We can finish this later." Emily told Illaden as she got off the table, Illaden huffing a bit.


Doku walked down the hallway with Eddison, both of them on their way to the council room. "Good afternoon, Doku. You are looking rather pretty today. More so than usual, anyway." Eddison said as he glanced at her with a smile.


"Why, thank you. Don't let Jackie hear you say that." Doku said with a small laugh. "Yes, he is the jealous type. But I don't think he would have a problem with you." He told her gently.


"I don't think so, either. His cousin seems to be fond of me, I don't see why he wouldn't be." She told him before looking at him. "Are you excited for the festival?" She asked him with a joyful tone.


"Yes, I am. I heard two first years are in this year." Eddison told her. "Yep! The Williams. I got to talk to them personally. My bet is on them." Doku explained with a grin.


"I don't know, Angel is in the festival. He won the first festival last year." Eddison told her and she shrugged. "I'm just saying." Doku added before they got to the council room, only to see Tenma standing outside.


"Good afternoon, Tenma. Why are you out here?" Doku asked with a tilted head. "I'm waiting for Emily to stop with her lascivious behavior." He told her as he looked in the room. Doku looked in and saw Emily get off the table.


"Alright, everyone come in and take your seat." Emily told them as she took a seat in her throne, Illaden standing next to her. The rest of the council members took their seats as well but Emily noticed that one seat was empty.


"Where is Cameron?" Emily asked as she looked at Eddison. "Right now he is accompanying a student while they are in town." Eddison told her, she let out a light sigh. "Well, I guess he misses out." Emily mumbled to herself before directing her attention to the council once again.


"So this is the first festival of the year, courtesy of Eddison working very hard to prepare for this event. We have a lot of good students who are participating so let's take this festival to enjoy ourselves. After all, we are watching the performance that our peers are putting on for us." Emily said as she clapped with a bright smile. 


"We have a very skilled student performing for us this year and I’m sure they have been waiting to show off their skills. Let's not worry about anything else today, just enjoy yourselves. Oh, and Tenma." Emily looked over at the hooded male with a friendly smile.


"Try not to get ahead of yourself this year, hm?" She told him before standing up. "Doku, I would like to speak with you about something. The rest of you make your way to the auditorium and take your seats." Emily told them and watched them leave.


When the rest were gone, Doku looked at Emily with a smile. "What do you need, Emily?" She asked as she stood up. "We seem to have an issue." Emily told her with a small sigh. "Oh? Whatever could that problem be?" Doku asked with a worried expression.


"Our...security seems to have caught a student trying to leave without permission. I was wondering if you could handle it for me?" Emily asked her and as she did, Doku gave her a wide closed-mouthed smile.


"Of course I can~" She answered sweetly, making Emily smile. "I knew I could count on you, my little venus flytrap." Emily said with a relieving sigh. "Now, let's go on to the festival, I’m very excited to see how this turns out."


Later, at the festival.


Jay opened his eyes and sat up, looking around before getting up and dusting himself up. He walked over to May, who was leaning against a wall with both daggers in hand. By that time, the rest of the participants had already made their way back to the auditorium, other students beginning to fill the seats.


He went over to his sister before leaning his back against the wall as well, looking at the other participants. May glanced over at him before holding out one of her daggers to her brother. He stared at it for a moment before taking it, smiling down at her. The sound of a microphone switching on was heard before silence fell across the area. 


"Good afternoon! I hope you all are ready for the first festival!!" Emily's energetic voice boomed over the speakers. The cheers and excitement from spectating students filled the area ecstatic with energy. "Why are these people so excited about this?" Jay asked himself. May then grabbed onto the sleeve of her brother’s uniform and walked further into the center, away from the wall. 


Jay looked around in the seats, not seeing where she would be. It wasn't until May tugged on his shoulder that he turned around and saw the massively elevated seats, each council member sitting in their own. It didn’t take long before Jay saw the excited grin of Emily while she held a microphone in her hand. 


"Ladies and gentlemen, welcome to the first festival of the school year!" As she spoke, the students in the crowd cheered and clapped eagerly for what she had to say next. "All students participating know the rules so let's not waste any time with those. The match will not go longer than thirty minutes. After those thirty minutes, if there is more than one student standing then the council will decide the winner. "Without further adieu.." She paused.


"Begin!" Emily yelled with an enthusiastic tone as she sat down.


As soon as the words left her mouth, the students all at once began to go at each other. Right away, Jay backed away from the rest of them with fear in his eyes, watching at the other student’s tare into each other.


May pressed her shoulder into her brother’s arm, watching each student move and attack the others in the center. It wasn’t long before the light brown dirt began to have mixtures of red as students fell to the ground, only to get back up and into the fight. 


May noticed saw out of the corner of her eye someone running up to them from Jay’s side. The student raised the mallet firm in their hands as they got closer to Jay. May grabbed onto his shoulder and pulled him back; the student’s mallet knocking her down. Jay let out a gasp as he took a step forward to her, only to feel the force of the mallet hit his back, knocking him to the ground. Jay slowly stood up but the student had moved in front of him with a sickening grin as they raised their mallet once again. Jay closed his eyes but soon opened them when the mallet never came down. Jay opened his eyes to see the student with a hatchet deep in the side of their neck.


The hatched was taken out as the student dropped their mallet, blood spilling from their neck. Jay looked up to see Angel stained in blood with the hatchet in his hand, bringing it to his mouth before licking the blade. Jay gave a small smile but it soon dropped as Angel looked down at him, his eyes void of all humanity as he raised his hatchet.


May's eyes slowly opened as she raised her head. She quickly came to her senses as she remembered what had happened, seeing that Angel was standing over her brother. With shaking legs she stood up and grabbed her dagger and gripped it tightly before taking a sprint at Angel.


"You know, my dad writes to me almost every day telling me how proud he is of me. He's going to love it when I tell him about this!" Angel exclaimed before going to swing down. He stopped when he felt a sharp and harsh pain in his side, letting out a loud scream. May quickly pulled the tip of her dagger out of his side and hit the side of his head with the pommel of her dagger, causing him to fall over while screaming in pain. May quickly looked over at her brother and made a quick step to him, pushing him to the ground. 


"Jay Williams, you have touched the ground twice. Please make your way to the nearest wall, you have been disqualified or we will have someone escort you out." Emily's voice rang through the auditorium, an un-amused tone in her voice. May walked over to the dagger she had given him and picked it up. It was only then that she realized everyone else was either still on the ground or to a wall.


Jay hesitated before going to the wall, putting his hand on it. May gave him a small smile before it went away, facing Angel as he stood up with shaky breaths. When he faced her, he gave her a wide grin. "Now we're cooking. I-I was wondering when you were going to show me...What you got." Angel said through gritted teeth but May didn't listen.


Angel stood still for a second before running at her, taking a swing. May held her dagger up as he did, the two weapons clanging together as they hit. May took a step back before she thrust her dagger forward at his face, the dagger barely cutting his cheek. Angel saw the opening she had and swing his hatchet, it slicing across her stomach.


Her eyes went wide in pain and recoiled back but as she did, Angel hit the side of her head with the back of his hatchet, causing her to fall to the ground, holding her head in pain. Angel let out a small sigh and walked over to her.


"Such a shame that you'll never be able to expand on your training. You showed such promise." Angel told her and took a step forward, dropping his hatchet. He picked up one of her daggers and held the blade over her head but stopped when the speakers turned on.


"May Williams has fallen twice, making her disqualified. Angel Cupidon is the winner of the first festival." Tenma's calm voice came over the speakers. "What?!" Angel yelled out. "You aren't even going to let me kill her?!" He yelled back and there was a moment of silence.


"There is no need to, you won. Take your victory or it goes to her." Tenma said in a somewhat irritated tone. Angel let out what sounded like a growl before tossing her dagger to the side, picking his hatchet up before walking to the exit.


"And that concludes the first festival of the year! Congratulations to all who participated and survived! If you can, make your way to the nurse’s office to have your wounds treated. If you are not able to move then please wait and someone will be with you shortly to help you." Emily's voice was the next to be heard before the speakers turned off.


Jay got away from the wall and went over to May who was still holding her head, tears going down her face. Jay got down and picked her up carefully, carrying her back inside. He quickly made his way to the nurse’s office but once he got in he noticed she wasn't in there. Jay sat her down on one of the beds and waited next to her.


"Why didn't you tell me you knew how to fight?" He asked her as he glanced at her. "Was it dad? Did he tell you not to? Or was it because you didn't want me to be upset?" He asked with a hint of aggravation in his voice, May looking at him as she blinked away her tears. The door opened and a woman with long black hair and what looked like casual clothes walked in, Emily and Illaden standing by the door.


"Hello, I'm the school Nurse, Mrs. Sherry. I'm going to need you to please leave so I can take a closer look at her." The woman said with a smile and Jay nodded quickly, leaving and closing the door behind him before letting out a sigh.


"Hello, Jay." Emily said with a smile as he turned around. "I want to personally congratulate you and your sister for surviving. I would like to remind you that you and your sister can go to the local town outside of school. Its a long bus ride but I think it would be a nice treat after this. Also, I would find Tenma and thank him. He saved your sister, after all." She told him before waving, Illaden patted Jay’s shoulder, a small smile on his lips. Jay watched as the two made their way down the hall.


Jay waited out the door, sitting in one of the waiting chairs. As he sat, he thought of why she would have kept something like that from him, the thought of their father appearing in each thought. While he was thinking, a familiar voice called out to him. “H-Hey-Hey, Jay.” 


"Hidan?" Jay asked and he nodded. "I-Is she okay-okay?" Hidan asked in a somewhat worried tone, the look of pity written on his face.


"I believe so. If it weren't for Tenma, she would be more than not okay." Jay responded. "Y-Yeah. Well, I hope-hope she he-heals fast." Hidan mumbled before he let out a sigh. "W-Well I have to go now." He's said as he turned, giving a small wave before walking off. "Take care, Hidan." Jay responded as he watched him leave.


Jay waited for a bit longer before Mrs. Sherry opened the door with a smile. "Hey there, She's ready to go back to her dorm." She said as she stepped to the side, May walking out with a new uniform on and a few bandages on her.


"Thank you very much." Jay told her before he took May's hand and began to walk. They walked back to their dorm room before Jay sighed heavily, laying back on his bed. May laid down as well and looked at her brother, who got up again.


"I'll be right back." he told her before leaving the room. Jay walked around the school for a bit until he found Doku. "Hey, Doku!" Jay called out and she turned around, giving him a smile. "Yes? What can I do for you?" She asked with a tilted head.


"Who would I talk to about going out to town?"



© 2020 Knight731


My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

26 Views
Added on May 20, 2019
Last Updated on June 18, 2020


Author

Knight731
Knight731

Panama City, FL



About
Hi! I am a highschool student who just likes to write. I know my stories arent the best but I still want to share them. I hope you like them and I would love to hear feedback on what I can do to mak.. more..

Writing