Chapter 10

Chapter 10

A Chapter by Knight731

Over the next few days, May and Jay both got used to their new schedules, each day going to class until lunch, then being free for the rest of the day. In the middle of the week, each class spent the full day learning how to use different handheld weapons and learning how to use hand to hand combat. During these classes, May easily won against other first years and some second years while Jay struggled to fight against his classmates. After classes, the two would spend their time mingling with different students, Jay spending more time with Ally in her room during his spare time.

May woke up the one morning with a silent yawn, getting up and getting herself dressed for the day. It wasn't long before Jay woke up as well, getting ready for his day. May grabbed her daggers and bag, Jay grabbing his bag as well.


They both walked to the lunchroom, getting their breakfast. As they took their seats, Jay began to go over some notes that May had missed with her. In the middle of their catch up session, Jay flinched as Vicky suddenly took a seat next to him, a large smile on her face.


"Hiya!" She exclaimed, Jay giving her a small smile.


"Hello, Vicky." Jay said softly.


"Sooooo have you heard about the new student coming in a few days?" She asked with a large smile.


"No. Who are they?" Jay asked. As they were talking, May listened closely until she felt a small tap on her shoulder.


"G-Good morning, May-May." A familiar voice said as she looked back, giving a smile as she saw Hidan sitting next to her. He looked at the notes on the table in front of her breakfast and pointed to them with a twitching hand.


"Do you need help-help with that?" He asked and she shook her head, eating her food as she watched him.


"Oh, a-alright. Hey, are you okay? Yesterday you-you looked pretty u-upset." Hidan asked and she nodded, holding up her thumb with a chipper smile. He soon got up and left and May finished writing down her brother’s notes.


"So, yeah. I don't know if he's coming to our class but I really hope so! It's always fun making new friends. Speaking of fun, they are gonna draw for the ten students for tomorrow's festival." Vicky mentioned and suddenly leaned close to Jay, causing May to look up from her breakfast.


"You two aren't gonna surprise me again, are you~?" She asked in a sing-song like tone, Jay giving a nervous laugh as he leaned back a bit.


"No. We aren't going to do that ever again." He said with a nervous smile, Vicky going back to her seat.


"Good. I was worried that you two were going to get ballsy again." Vicky said with a soft sigh before she hopped up with a smile.


"I need to get my coffee before class starts. See you later!" She exclaimed in her normal chipper tone before running off.


The siblings finished eating and note-taking before heading to class. They took their seats and after a few moments, class started and went on like normal. The class soon went into a study hall and once it was announced, Angel stood up and went over to the siblings with a notebook in hand.


"Hey, guys." Angel said with a smile.


"Hi, Angel. What can I do for you?" Jay asked with a nervous smile. Angel let out a small sigh before holding out his notebook.


"Ms. Joy was writing a bit too fast, I didn't get some of it. Can I copy yours?" He asked while rubbing the back of his neck.


Jay nodded and turned his notes Angel could see. As he copied notes, Angel couldn't help but feel May's gaze burn holes into his head. He glanced up at her then at Jay, his smile still present.


"Hey, sorry about the last festival. I was in the zone, you know?" Angel said with a nervous laugh. "Are we good?"


Jay nodded a bit with a smile and looked over at May who was still staring holes into Angel's skull. Jay then looked at Angel's notes and saw that his handwriting was very similar to Ms. Joy's and how the handwriting suddenly switch to how Jay’s handwriting looked. Angel saw this and quickly closed his notebook and gave them a large closed-mouthed smile.


"Thanks!" He told them before giving the two a small wave and going back to his seat. A few moments later the speaker turned on and Emily's voice rang throughout the school.


"Good afternoon! This is your student council president, Emily, with a very important announcement." She spoke in her normal chipper tone, sending waves of nervousness down Jay's spine.


"Now is the time to write your name on the amazing piece of paper that gives you a chance into tomorrow's festival!" Her voice dripped with excitement as she let out an unnerving giggle.


"Eddison will be by to pick up your papers when you all break for lunch. So get to writing and I will make a follow-up announcement to dismiss students for an early lunch." Emily stated before the speakers turned off but the room was quickly filled with the sound of pages flipping, tearing, and then the silence of students writing.


Jay slowly looked around the room, shivering in nervousness as he caught a glimpse of Angel's somewhat evil smile as he wrote on his own paper. Jay quickly looked away from him and instead looked at his sister who had put her notebook on his desk. He looked down at what was written and smiled to himself.


"Is it just me or does she sound crazier each time she talks?" Jay gently shook her head as she gave him a smile that matched his own. A few moments of silence later and the speakers turned on once again, Emily's iconic voice starting up once again.


"Alrighty! All students are now dismissed for lunch! Afterward, please return to your classrooms so we can draw for our lucky ten!" Her voice rang with excitement once again before the speakers turned off, students now leaving for lunch.


While Jay and May were walking, Jay looked around through the mass of students to see Ally, walking the opposite way. He smiled to himself as he saw her walk, making a mental note to talk to her after the drawing.


The students went to lunch like normal before heading back to class, an aura of anxiety and excitement mixing into the hallways as each student went back to their class. Jay and May took their seats, Jay letting out a nervous sigh as he began to bounce his leg.


Eventually all students made it back to their classrooms and were filled with chatter of who was going to put in the next festival; gossip of the weak and strong, who would make it out alive and who would be buried six feet under. The mindless chatter came to end however when the speakers switched on and Emily's all too energetic voice followed after.


"Good afternoon everyone! Now is the time to pick our ten students who will surely give us the performance of a lifetime!" She exclaimed with a sickeningly pure laugh. There was a moment of silence before she let out a small breath.


"Alright, Our first student is G.U.T. congratulations, my dear friend! Next is..." As her voice went on, Jay began to space out, no longer paying attention to the drawing.


'Okay...' Jay began to think as he closed his eyes.


'Our names are being held because Emily allowed it but why? What if she was just bluffing and entered our names.' Jay slowly opened his eyes and looked at his sister who was drawing in her notebook, glancing up at the speaker every now and then.


"And the last two students are...Hue and Nara! What luck to have such a well-known couple participate in the festival. Well, that's it. All ten students who were drawn will be called out of class early tomorrow. Classes will resume as normal for today, I hope you all have a fantastic day!" The speakers turned off and Jay let out a small sigh of relief as he glanced at May, who was still drawing.


Suddenly, Angel stood up while slamming his hands on his desk, making some of the students flinch.


"Wow! Hue and Nara, both being allowed to be in the festival together?! What an achievement for their love!" He exclaimed with a large smile across his face.


"Ms. Joy, I formally request to go congratulate them! Pretty please?" He asked as he moved his hands together, holding them tightly while giving her large puppy eyes.


"Your formal request has been denied. You heard her, all classes resume like normal and if I remember correctly, you have a few assignments you haven’t turned in yet." Ms. Joy told him and he let out a defeated sigh before slumping back into his desk, pouting as if he was a child. The classes went on without another announcement and without another one of Angel's outbursts.


The bell for the end of the class day rang a few hours later, the students leaving the classroom. May and Jay were the last two to leave. As the two began to go down the hall, they were greeted by an unusual sight.


Walking down the hallway was Emily with a bright and pleased smile on her face, looking down at the clipboard in her hands while Illaden walked next to her, constantly looking around as she passed each student.


"Alright, So we already have the paperwork from most of the teachers, now we just need to get the ones that couldn't make it to the meeting." Emily said as she looked over at Illaden. Jay moved to the side, May doing the same as they watched the two pass, May keeping a close eye on Illaden.


Illaden looked over and saw the two siblings, sending them a friendly smile and a wave. Jay gave a wave back, causing his sister to move in front of him, still unsure if Illaden could be trusted after what she witnessed. May looked back a bit as the two passed Emily and Illaden, watching as they walked.


In the distance, at the other end of the hallway, May could see the faint outline of a student in a black outfit but no outline of their face turn around the corner, and just as Emily and Illaden both came to a stop, looking at a bulletin board.


May stopped and watched as the student began to sprint down the hallway, pushing aside and running into many other students. Jay stopped and looked at May, then looked at what she had her eyes glued onto. Jay's own eyes widened as he saw the student take out a short sword, seemingly making a B-line towards Emily.


"Emily, watch out!" Jay screamed as he took a step forward.


Illaden looked at in Jay's direction before turning to look at what the siblings were looking at. Illaden face suddenly turned into one of surprise as the student rapidly gained on Emily. Jay and May watched as Illaden shoved Emily to the side in one swift motion as the student swung their sword down.


The hallway was filled with the soft gasps of student's as Illaden fell to the floor, creating a loud thud. Emily let out a small groan, causing the unknown student to turn their attention to her, raising their sword once again. Before the student could bring the blade down, May already had one of her daggers drawn, quickly running over to Emily and blocking the student from attacking, making the two blades clash.


The student recoiled a bit from their blades clashing and she took that opening to swing her dagger, creating a small gash on their arm. The student let out a small groan of pain before running off. Emily slowly sat up, the shove her catching her off guard.


"Illaden..?" She mumbled softly before looking over in his direction, her eyes quickly filling with fear as she saw him lying on the floor, unconscious with a large gash going across his chest, blood seeping out of the gash, staining his uniform.


"Illaden!"



© 2020 Knight731


My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

9 Views
Added on September 21, 2019
Last Updated on June 30, 2020


Author

Knight731
Knight731

Panama City, FL



About
Hi! I am a highschool student who just likes to write. I know my stories arent the best but I still want to share them. I hope you like them and I would love to hear feedback on what I can do to mak.. more..

Writing