Chapter 4

Chapter 4

A Chapter by Knight731

The class went on as any normal study hall would. Students sat in their seats, one half of the room was quietly chatting with each other while the other half remained silent. Jay took out the pamphlet he had gotten before arriving at the school and began to look over the school map. A few hours had passed before the sound of the speakers turning on caused the class to fall silent.

“Good afternoon, everyone! This is Emily here to announce that due to club day, all classes will be cut short! At this time, all students are excused from their classes and are allowed to get lunch and browse the clubs to their heart’s content!” Emily’s cheerful and energetic voice rang through the school before the speakers were turned off.

Students in the class quickly made their way out, May and Jay being some of the last out. He looked down at his sister with a small smile. “Do you want to get lunch?” He asked and she quickly responded with a head shake. “Me neither. Let’s go look at those clubs.” He said as he took her hand.

They made their way to the second floor of the school and not to their surprise, they found the halls full of students. It wasn’t long until they came up to a clubroom, one not many students were around. Jay grabbed onto the door and opened it. They were immediately met with the sight of a girl with long black hair and vibrant red eyes. “Hello, and welcome to the Stealth Club.” The girl said in a hushed voice. 


“Please, come in.” She said before turning, walking into the room. Jay tightened his grip on his sister's hand before walking in and closing the door behind him. The room was filled with ancient Japanese decorations, old paintings, samurai armor, and weapons. In the center of the room was a large bamboo rug with five pillows on it lined next to each other. Sitting on each pillow was a student, except for two. The student sitting on the middle pillow then stood up, his uniform having a red armband attached to the upper arm. 


He then made his way over to the girl, standing next to her. He had short black hair, dull grey eyes, and seemed to tower over the girl. “This is our club leader, Kioshi Neikan. And I am the club’s vice leader, Myou Ame." The girl told them before giving them a small bow, and straight-up again.


“Wh-What is this club about?” Jay asked with a nervous smile. Myou looked back at Kioshi for a moment before looking back at the two. “This club is all about Stealth. Not letting the victim know you’re there.” She told them quickly and quietly. “And our requirements are simple. You must already know or be willing to learn sign language. The members of our club are not allowed to speak and so sign language is required in order to communicate with one another.” As Myou spoke, Jay smiled. “That’s great!” He exclaimed.


“But, we have another requirement. If you are to join our club, you must have your vocal cords removed.”


Jay’s smile went away almost as soon as it had appeared. “What? Wh-Why?” Jay asked, looking back at Kioshi, who had a smug grin on his face. “Since our club is stealth related, we know we cannot expect the students who join to be 100 percent quiet all the time, although that’s what is required. So, we help them by removing the thing that will make them fail their mission.”


Jay was quiet for a moment before he shook his head. “No. I don’t think we will be joining, sorry. ” Jay said quietly. “Very well. But allow me to warn you, the clubs only get worse from here.” Myou said as Jay and May left. Jay walked down to the next club room. The next door had a sign that read “Dismemberment Club.” Jay took a deep breath before walking in, his hand firmly gripped to Mays.


The room walls were surprisingly pastel blue and pink with posters of distorted rabbits and demonic deer on the walls. May’s eyes went wide as she saw them, covering her mouth before taking a step back. Jay noticed and went to leave but a hand on his shoulder stopped him. He turned around to see a male student standing behind him.


He had white hair with pink tips and was wearing a jacket with the hood up, the hoodie having floppy bunny ears. “Hey there! Leaving so soon?” He asked with a toothy smile. “Nara! We have new students!” He called back into the room. A moment later, a female student ran over to him. She had short brown hair, her face was full of freckles, her right eye was covered by her hair, the other an orange color, and, she had a hat with small deer antlers on top. “I'm the club leader, Hue. And this, is my vice, Nara. “ Hue told them as he put an arm around her shoulder, Nara flinching a bit. Hue looked over at her and she cleared her throat.


“Oh...Um.” She looked at the two before her eyes went down to the ground, gripping at the sleeves of her uniform. “In-In this club we focus on dismembering the body to g-get rid of the forensics. N-No forensics, no evidence.” Her voice was very hush and soft, Hues smile growing a bit. “She could have explained it better but, that's pretty much it!" He said with an everlasting smile. “What are the requirements?” Jay asked and Hue took out a throwing knife, flipping it.


“Well, if you were to join I would ask for something important to you. For instance, I would want you...to give me a hand, or perhaps a foot.” He told Jay as he threw the knife into the wall, the knife landing on a poster. Jay flinted and began to back to the door with May. As he was about to leave, the door opened and Jay turned to look, only to see Angel standing there with a smile.


“Oh, hey friends. Leaving already?” He asked as he stepped to the side, Jay and May walking out before going down the hall, not saying anything. “Scared them off, like always.” Angel said as he looked at Hue, making him glare.


Jay and May quickly made their way down another hall pushing past eager first-year students, until they stopped at the next club door. “Arson Club? Jesus…” Jay mumbled and opened the door. The club room was painted in dark reddish-orange colors with posters of encouragement to start fires, Jay was quickly met with laughter as he saw Vicky standing next to two boys. “And then I said-” Vicky was saying something before she saw Jay and May standing at the door.


She let out a loud gasp and ran over to them. “Hey, buddies!” She yelled out as she hugged Jay then May. “I'm so glad you're here! The club leaders are right over there!" Vicky said as she grabbed Jay's hand, walking them over. “This is Li and Lee!” She told Jay and he gave a small smile. “Hello...What is this club...about?” Jay asked. “The name of the club is the “Arson” club. What more of an explanation do you need?" Lee asked as he crossed his arms.


“Lee, don't be like that.” Li told him with a smile. “Then you explain it to him, Li.” Lee said in response. Jay was silent for a moment before it clicked. “You two were the ones that were running in the hallways yesterday!“ Jay said with a tone of surprise. “We sure were! Anyway, our club is all about arson! You know, burning things, creating problems wherever we go, annoying Emily every step of the way!” Li explained and Jay rubbed the back of his neck.


“I think we will pass. Right, May?” Jay asked and she nodded. “Oh, well, you couldn't join even if you wanted to anyway. We are out of spaces.“ Lee said huffing. "Oh. Well, thanks anyway." Jay said, the two left, closing the door behind them. They walked to the next room, not reading the sign on the door before opening it.


As they walked in, May looked around and smiled. The walls were decorated in ribbons along with the shelves, each one having porcelain dolls adorning them. “Hello~!” A cheery voice brought their attention to a girl with long red hair, her eyes a piercing green, and another girl standing next to her with long black hair up with a blue ribbon and deep blue eyes. “I'm Annabelle. The club leader, it's such a pleasure to meet you two" Annabelle said as she gestured over to the other girl. "And this is my vice, Vivian!" “Hello. I like what you have done with the room.” Jay told them and May nodded.


“Thanks.“ Vivian said dryly and Jay cleared his throat. “So, what do you do in this club?” Jay asked and Annabelle smiled. “In this club, we focus on getting rid of forensics.” She told Jay and he gave her a look of confusion. “I thought that was Hue's club.“ Jay said and Vivian cleared her throat. “It is...But we do it better.” Vivian said and Jay laughed, May covering her mouth with a smile. “It sounds simple enough. What are the requirements?” So he asked and the girls looked at each other.


“Well, not only do I collect dolls, but I also love eyelashes. So, if someone wants to join, they have to give me their eyelashes.“ Annabelle told them with a smile. Jay let out a soft breath. “You know, that’s not the worse thing we’ve been told today.” He said as he ran a hand through his hair. “I don't suppose any spots are open?” Jay asked with a hopeful tone. Annabelle looked at Vivian who sighed. “Well, sorry to say but all our spots are filled.” Vivian told him and Jay went quiet. After a moment Jay nodded and gave the girls a smile. “Alright, thank you for telling us.” He said with a wave as him and May left the club room.


Once they were out of the club, the two went to the next club room, opening the door. The room was decorated with ropes and wires hanging from the ceiling and greenery along the walls. In the center of the room where several desks all pushed together. At a desk in the far corner of the room was a student wearing a black uniform, May and Jay approaching him.


He looked up from his papers, seeing May who was waving. “Hello. How can I help you?” He asked and she nudged Jay's side. “Oh, we are looking to be apart of a club. Does this club happen to have any openings?“ Jay asked and the student nodded with a smile. “Yes, My name is Eddison. I'm sorry that my club room looks a bit empty, all the other club members are out right now.” Eddison explained with a small laugh. “In this club, we focus on suffocation. We try to avoid the bloody side of things.“ Eddison explained and Jay nodded. “What are the requirements?” Jay asked and Eddison rubbed the back on his neck. “You need to hold your breath underwater for at least three minutes. This will show us that if someone tries to suffocate you, you won’t die right away.” Eddison told them and Jay gave him a nod with a friendly smile.

“Alright, we will think about it. Thank you.” Jay mumbled as he walked out with May. He let out a small groan before looking at her. “Alright. Let's keep going.” Jay said with an uncertain smile as they continued walking. After a while,  They soon came up to another door and quickly walked in. As soon as he did, someone grabbed Jay's shoulders and forced him further in, along with May.


“What the hell are you two idiots doing!?” A familiar voice yelled out and the two students let go of Jay and May, quickly backing up. After he went back to her, holding onto her tightly, Jay looked at who the voice came from. Standing there was a girl with long green hair in pigtails, cyan-colored eyes wearing a males uniform; in her hand was a red-stained bat with nails sticking out of it.


“Y-You pushed my sister to the ground.“ Jay said and the girl grinned. “And you're the pansy that let it happen.” She said with a small laugh. “The name is G.U.T. If you’re coming here to join my club, you and your sister might as well turn around. I don't let pansies join my club. You would probably be dead within the week, anyway.” G.U.T. said with a loud laugh.


“What? Can't you even give us a chance?“ Jay asked and she thought for a moment. “Fine. If you are going to join my club then I'm gonna give you a wicked a*s scar and you have to have to stand there and take it, not a peep out of you or your sister.“ She explained before licking her lips.


Jay was quiet for a while, a look of fear on his face. “See? What did I say? F*****g pansies.” He said before snapping her fingers, the other students from before grabbing them again and putting them to the floor. “What are you doing?!” Jay yelled and she went over to them. “I'm putting you out of your misery.” G.U.T. said with a large crooked smile as she readied and swung the bat.


“Stop!"


A voice caused G.U.T. to freeze mid-swing. A student ran in, going to her. “Let go of them this instant. They are siblings!” A voice said in a somewhat panicked tone. Jay tried to look to see who was talking but he was met with a view of what was under their skirt. He quickly looked away while the student continued to talk to G.U.T.


Soon there was a loud groan before she snapped her fingers, the students letting go of Jay and May. Jay quickly went to May, checking if she was okay. He then looked at the student and got a good view of them. They had short bright pink hair and were wearing a females uniform. Their eyes were something Jay had never seen, purple with pink heart pupils. “Are those...contacts?” Jay asked and they nodded.


“The name is Jackie. You should be thanking me for saving your a*s.“ Jackie said to Jay and he gave a small smile. “Right. Thank you very much, Jackie.” He said, May walked up to Jackie, tilting her head putting before patting Jackie's chest.  Jay’s eyes went wide and he pulled her back. G.U.T. then stepped forward.


“Get a hold of your f*****g sister!” She told Jay as he backed up. “Just calm down, G.U.T.. The sweet thing is just confused.“ Jackie said with a small smile. “I'm all man down there, honey.” Jackie said with a wink. “Now, whether or not I dress like one is debatable.“ May just looked at him for a moment before giving him a thumbs up. “Alright! Let's go May!” Jay said with a nervous laugh before pulling her out of the room. As he was hurrying down the hall.


He let out a loud huff before looking at her. “Never do that again.” Jay said pinching the bridge of his nose. They came to another club room door. Jay opened the door, immediately greeted with an argument between two students, one of them being Illaden, the other having shaggy dark blue hair, wearing a black uniform with a dark blue cloak.


“Tenma, Emily made it very clear that you are not to participate in club day.“ Illaden told the student calmly. “I honestly don't care what that lewd minx wants me to do. She forced me in the council, I should at least be able to have my club." Tenma said, as he put books on the shelves. The room was decorated with pentagrams and other demonic-looking symbols.


“To be fair, you did kill someone on the first day.” Another student with blonde hair said in the corner of the room, who was organizing the books as well. “Not you too, James… “ Tenma mumbled and sighed. “You broke a rule, now you pay the price. You should be lucky you haven't lost your club.” Illaden told him, shrugging. “Oh please. She would never take away my club. She knows it's the only thing keeping me bound to the council." Tenma said with a loud sigh. As Jay looked closer, he noticed he was wearing what looked like purple lip gloss.

“She is the eternal tempest in my life. Now if you'll excuse me, I have a club to run.“


Tenma told Illaden, as he went to place another book, Illaden knocked all of them off the shelves, a small grin on his face. “What are you doing?!“ Tenma yelled as Illaden knocked off more. “Stop!” He yelled again as he began to pick them up. “I could stop if you take your punishment.“ Illaden told him.


“Get out of my club room.” Tenma told him as he stood up. Illaden walked past him with the grin still present. “Fine..you're so stubborn. I'll be back in a few hours.” Illaden said as he walked to the exit, seeing the two standing there. "If you haven't heard already, this club isn’t participating today. Have a good day." He said before leaving.


Jay closed the door and quickly walked off. As Jay and May walked, he sighed again, rubbing his head. “All the reasonable clubs are all filled…” Jay mumbled before he stopped, looking at the last door, the doors being a bit bigger. Jay took a breath before walking through the door. The two took a look around and saw what looked like a mini lobby. There were potted plants and loveseats.


The walls were decorated with pictures of students, some of them having large red X's over them. Seconds later, someone walked through a side door. Jay opened his mouth to say something but he stopped when the girl faced them. She had short lavender hair and both of her eyes were bandaged over.


“Oh, my apologies. I didn't realize we had new students with us. My name is Cecilia. I'm the vice leader here.” She said in a soft-spoken tone. “How can you see us?“ Jay asked as she turned around, opening the side door. “Our club leader is just through this door. She will be happy to see you." Cecilia said as she gestured to the door. Jay, hesitated before walking in with May. The side room looked like an office. Sitting behind a small desk was a girl with long pink hair, her eyes a beautiful mix of green and purple. She raised her head up a bit more with a large smile, she got and walked over to them.


“Hello! My name is Medama! What can I do for you?” She asked and Jay gave her a smile. “We..would like to join your club.“ Jay told her and she almost squealed. “That's great! I would love to have you two in my club. In this club, we see the beauty in everyone and everything. We try to focus on making sure everyone looks beautiful even in death! Now the requirement is really simple. You just have to give me one of your lovely, lovely eyes.” She said as she put a hand on Jay's cheek, his smile dropping almost instantly. “What's with that look? You have two eyes, I don't see the issue in giving me one!" She said with a loud giggle, May pulling him back a bit. “W-We have to think about it…“ Jay said as he and May walked out.


“Please go easy on her...She isn't really that bad.” Cecilia said as they left. Jay and May walked down the hall until they were away from everything. They went to their dorms and Jay locked the doors. “Alright, that was a bust. But it's okay. We don't need the club's anyway.” Jay said as he looked over at May with a smile. “Attention all students.” Emily's voice came over the speakers. “Please make your way to your classrooms for a very important announcement. I repeat, Please make your way to your classrooms for a very important announcement. Thank you~!“ She said before the speakers went off.




© 2020 Knight731


My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

28 Views
Added on May 20, 2019
Last Updated on May 10, 2020


Author

Knight731
Knight731

Panama City, FL



About
Hi! I am a highschool student who just likes to write. I know my stories arent the best but I still want to share them. I hope you like them and I would love to hear feedback on what I can do to mak.. more..

Writing