Chapter 8

Chapter 8

A Chapter by Knight731

Later that night…

Doku walked down the now empty hallways, it being exactly one hour after curfew. While she walked, she hummed a soft tune with a gentle smile adorning her face. As she turned the corner, she stopped when she saw Tenma exit his club room, locking the door. Her smile grew as she swiftly made her way to him.


"Good evening, Tenma." Doku said with a chipper tone as he pulled the hood of his cloak over his head.


"Evening, Doku." He told her as he began walking, Doku walking next to him. "It's always quite peaceful at night, wouldn't you agree?" She asked him with a friendly smile as she glanced at him, who scoffed in response.


"To me, no place here is free of discord. No matter the time of day." He told her with a soft sigh. "Why do you say that?" Doku asked as she looked forward. "The entire school has a constant presence of Emily. The clubs and the festivals are just another reminder of her." Tenma explained as he put his hands behind his back.


"Speaking of which, I'm not looking forward to Emily getting onto you about how you interrupted the first festival." Doku said in a somewhat disappointed tone before looking at him.


"She can say what she wants to me. Angel won and the other one had fallen twice. 

There was no reason to continue the fight. I know Emily wanted that girl to die but she needs to learn that she doesn't always get her way." Tenma said before giving her a small smile. "Especially since she's dating someone with an obsequious personality. It doesn't help that she dotes on him constantly. It only encourages his behavior."


He explained to Doku, making her laugh a bit. Tenma's smile quickly dropped when they got to the council room, Doku holding the door open for Tenma. "Glad you two could make it!" Emily said with a large smile as they walked in and took their seats. "That would be everyone, so let's start the meeting." Emily told them as she looked at Illaden, who nodded.


"So, first things first, Doku, Cameron, and Eddison. Since you three are more involved with the students, I need you to keep an eye out for any suspicious students. Today a student was caught trying to leave. Luckily, it was taken care of before they had a chance to get too far."

Emily explained before looking down at the paper in front of her.

"Next, Doku, some students have been reporting the smell of gasoline in their rooms at night. I need you to investigate why and keep an eye on the Chisaki twins until the problem has stopped." She said as she glanced at Doku, who nodded. Emily then began to flip through the papers that were in front of her.


"Not important...Not important...Oh, here we go. Eddison, I would like the next festival to happen in the next couple of days if it’s not too much to ask. And this time, I want all of you to be present for the festival." She told them as she glanced at Cameron.


"Hold up, I tried to be there! It's not my fault that students like to take their sweet-a*s time!" Cameron yelled at Emily, giving her a hard glare as she frowned.


"You should refrain from using that tone with your council president." Illaden said in a harsh tone to Cameron, his anger only rising. "She may be the 'president' but she sure as hell is not the president of what I can or cannot say! " He yelled even louder, slamming his fist on the table.


"Cameron, you are starting to go over your limit. Your input matters, but when you start to disrespect me and your vice, then we have an issue. It would do you good to shut your mouth." Emily told him in the same harsh tone Illaden had used.


Cameron growled as he got up from his seat and made a move for Emily. Before Cameron could get to her however, he was met with a large blade held at his throat and a sharp point pressed to the back of his neck. Emily smiled in amusement as she saw the scene in front of her. Illaden with a knife to Cameron’s throat, and Doku with a syringe to the back of Cameron’s neck. Emily then looked over at Cameron before standing up, walking over to him, and motioned for Illaden to move out of the way. After a moment, Illaden moved but kept his gaze on Cameron, tightening his grip on his knife. Emily then grabbed the collar of Cameron's uniform, pulling his head down to her level.


"Know your place here, boy. The next time you want to do something like that, I want you to think very carefully about who is around me. I understand your anger so I will forgive you if you follow one very simple command. Leave this meeting. Doku will escort you to where ever you want to go.” She said in a sweet tone before giving him a smile and releasing his uniform. 


"Doku, you two are excused." She said as she turned away, waving to dismiss them. As she did, Doku and Cameron turned, going to leave the room. "Oh, and Cameron." She called back, Cameron stopping at the door. "If you want to challenge me officially, all you have to do is say so." She told him before he left, Doku following close behind him.


Emily let out a soft sigh and gave Illaden a smile before kissing his cheek and taking a seat in her throne. "What a show." She told the other two with a smile. Eddison quickly stood up and looked at her. "Emily, I apologize greatly for-" Before Eddison could finish she put her hand up, stopping him.


"Sit down, Eddison. You had no way to control that situation. I should count my stars that Doku was able to get up in the time she did." She told him as she put her hand down, Eddison taking his seat. "I could have been politer, through. I should apologize to him once he's cooled down."


She thought out loud before getting up again. "I think that will do it for tonight's meeting. I'll see you two tomorrow." She said before she took Illaden's hand, walking out of the council room with him.


The next morning...


Jay woke up to the sunshine from his window beaming onto his face. As he sat up, he felt a sharp pain in his chest. Jay took a deep breath and got up, going to May’s bed. He reached out to touch her shoulder but stopped once he saw the large bruise on her head, where she was hit by Angel. He let out a small sigh and got dressed before getting her notebook and pen, writing her a note before setting it on her nightstand. Jay gave her a soft smile before leaving their room, quietly closing the door behind him. He made his way to his class and took a seat at his desk, watching at the other students made their desks.


Jay smiled as he watched Vicky walk in, her returning the smile when she saw him. "Good morrow, Jay!" She said with excitement in her voice. "Morrow?" He asked as he tilted his head.


"I read it in a book." She said with a laugh as she took her seat behind him, Jay turning around to face her.


"How are you so happy and energetic in the morning?" He asked playfully. "Oh, I drink fifteen cups of coffee a day." She told him with a sweet smile, Jay's smile dropping. "Are you joking?" He asked and she shook her head.


"Nope! I have five cups before I leave for class, five during lunch and before I come back to class, and then the last five after class. I even have my own coffee machine in my room. Anyway, where's May?" Vicky asked. "I thought she might want to take today off." Jay told her as he turned around, sitting back. Soon, the last few students got to the class but Mrs. Joy never came. After a few minutes of waiting, the speakers turned on.


"Attention all students, the principle has declared that class is canceled today, I repeat, class is canceled today. Enjoy a free day." Emily's voice entered the room and left just as quick. Jay sat there for a minute before he got up and left the classroom, Vicky following close behind him. "Where are you going now?" She asked as she walked with him.


"I have someone to thank. What about you?" He asked as he looked at her. "I have a few club things to take care of. Apparently the twins want to speak to me about something important." She told him and began to speed up. "I'll see ya later!" She said as she waved, running off.


Jay watched her and laughed a bit to himself, shaking his head. He walked down the hall for a bit before he came up to the Cult Club, opening the door a bit. As he did, he gently bumped into a student. "Oh, sorry." Jay said as he looked down at the student. When he looked down, his eyes met with a female student, her eyes quickly filling with anxiety as she looked to the ground.


"Is Tenma here?" He asked as she began to fumble with her fingers. "H-He's...Uh..." Her voice was almost nonexistent as she spoke.


Jay was going to ask her something else but seeing two hands rest on her shoulders stopped him, the girl jumping a bit. A male student with blond hair and bright blue eyes poked his head around the door, looking at the girl with a smile.


"Oku~ Don't you have a few books to get from the library?" He asked as she looked up at him, her face a light red. She lowered her head once again and quickly walked passed Jay. He looked at the other student, giving him a smile.


"You're Jay Williams, correct?" The student asked and he nodded. "And you are?" Jay asked.


"James. What can I do for you?" He asked as he leaned against the door. "Is Tenma here? I would like to talk to him." Jay asked and he nodded, stepping to the side. Jay walked in and closed the door behind him. James walked over to Tenma, who was sitting in a chair with his nose in a book.


"Hey Tenma, the Williams brother wants to talk to you." Tenma looked up from the book in his hands, looking up at James before turning his head to Jay. "What do you want? Can't you see I’m doing research?" He asked in a low, almost groggy voice.


"Oh, I just wanted to thank you for what you did at the festival. I know that you didn’t have to do that, especially for a couple of first years you didn’t even know." Jay told him with a friendly smile.


"Nothing brings me greater joy than to see Emily not get her way." Tenma told him, earning a few quiet laughs from the other club members. "Now, unless you want to join my club or have a question of the occult, please leave." Tenma told Jay before he went back to his book, Jay nodded, leaving the club room.


He began walking down the hallway, making his way back to his dorm room; as he walked past G.U.T.'s club, he heard something faint and he stopped, looking at the door. As he was staring at it, thinking about going in, he felt a slight weight on his left shoulder.


"I wouldn't go in there if I were you."


Jay looked to his left to see Li leaning on his shoulder. He opened his mouth to say something but stopped when he felt a weight on his right shoulder.


"It's pretty hot in there right now."


Jay looked to his right and saw Lee leaning against his other shoulder. "Oh, I wasn't planning on going in." Jay told them with a nervous laugh. The twins got off his shoulders but didn't leave his side.


"Have you seen Vicky?" Li asked. "We have some things we need to talk to her about." Lee finished.

Jay thought for a minute before looking at the two. "Last I saw her, she was headed to your club room." Jay told them and glanced down the hallway. As he did, he saw G.U.T. and Jackie walking to them.


She pushed passed them and went into her club room. There was a moment of silence before there was a loud scream. Seconds later she slammed the door open, holding her bat.


"G.U.T., stay calm..." Jackie told her gently. "Which one of you fuckers burned my painting?!" She screamed at the three. The twins looked at each other for a moment before looking back at her, pointing to Jay.


"You better run..." Jackie mumbled before Jay began sprinting down the hallway, G.U.T. following after him. As he ran down the hallway, he looked back, seeing that she was gaining on him.


He took a sharp turn, putting a bit of distance between them. He came to a sudden stop when a door opened, a familiar grey-haired girl staring at him, a confused expression on her face.

"I'm going to kill you and string your insides on a canvas!" G.U.T.'s voice was heard around the corner, Jay looking back.


The girl then grabbed his shoulder, pulling him into the darkroom she was in. The girl quickly closed and locked the door, turning on the light. Jay looked around the room, seeing padding covering the room. "Um, thanks. But, who are you?" He asked as he looked at the girl who walked over to a small table in the corner of the room. 


"My name is Ally. I'm a member of the stealth club."She said in a soft voice. "But, you can talk." Jay said as he went over to her. "I know. But as far as they know, I'm mute."


She told him as she took a seat. "How do you do it? It must be difficult not to make a noise."


He said as he took a seat in front of her. "Not really. You'd be surprised how quite a scream can be in a world full of noise...That and having a soundproof room to hang out in helps too."


She said with a small shrug, Jay getting up. "Well, thanks again. I should go."


Jay told her before giving a small wave, unlocking the door, and walking out. He looked around the hallway before beginning to walk to his room.



© 2020 Knight731


My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

28 Views
Added on May 20, 2019
Last Updated on June 25, 2020


Author

Knight731
Knight731

Panama City, FL



About
Hi! I am a highschool student who just likes to write. I know my stories arent the best but I still want to share them. I hope you like them and I would love to hear feedback on what I can do to mak.. more..

Writing