Advertise Here
Want to advertise here? Get started for as little as $5
Chapter 13

Chapter 13

A Chapter by Knight731

Jay opened his eyes to see nothing but darkness. He looked down and saw that he was standing but the floor was just as dark as everything else. He began to move forward, the sound of his own footsteps echoing in the dark void. As he walked on, he saw May laying on the floor ahead of him.

“May?” Jay called out in slight fear and worry. Once he didn’t see her move, he began to run toward her but the faster he ran, the farther away she seemed to get.

Just as he thought he was getting closer, something caused him to stumble. He looked down to see the body of Vicky laying still on the ground with a dark pool of blood next to her, her eye void of life. Jay quickly got on his knees, trying to locate the wound.

Jay moved her school coat to the side to see the hilt of a knife in her side. Jay grabbed onto the hilt and pulled it out, the blade soaked in blood. Just as he pulled it out, there was a soft yet surprised gasp. Jay looked up to see Ally, eyes wide in disbelief.

“This isn't what you think!” He called out but Ally had already taken out a knife, starting to run towards him.

“Ally, stop!” Jay cried out as he dropped the knife and held his hands out, looking away.

The next thing he heard was the sound of flesh cutting and when Jay opened his eyes he let out a small yelp as he fell back. Standing over him was Ally with the same knife he had dropped embedded into her stomach. Jay shook his head as tears began to form in his eyes.

“N-No...I-I dropped it…” He whispered to himself as Ally fell back, her body hitting the floor.

He closed his eyes once again as his tears began to stream down his face. He then felt the room quickly fill with a strange dark liquid. He tried to move but found that he was unable to as he was submerged under the liquid, him holding his breath. He was soon unable to hold his breath anymore and opened his mouth, the thick liquid quickly filling his burning lungs, the heavy taste of copper making his head spin. 




Jay gasped while sitting up in bed and holding his throat, coughing violently before taking deep and slow breaths. He looked around the room before his eyes landed on May, who was looking at him with a worried expression painted on her face as she stood next to his bed, a hand on his shoulder. He took one last deep breath before giving her a small smile.

“I’m alright. I just had a bad dream.” He told her gently before she nodded, taking her hand off his shoulder.

He got up and went to the bathroom, turning on the sink and splashing cold water on his face. He stopped once he felt a tug at his shoulder, looking to see May holding out his uniform with a smile on her face.

“Thank you.” Jay told her before he closed the door so that he could change. May got herself ready as well, grabbing Jay’s notebooks and putting them in his bag.

Jay soon came out of the bathroom and went for his bag, only to have May hold it out for him. He gave her a smile and ruffled her hair a bit before turning to the door, sighing gently at the day ahead.

May grabbed her notebook before making sure her daggers were secure in her belt. She then went over to the door, looking back at Jay before walking out. Jay followed close behind her and closed the door, the two heading to their classroom. They soon got there and took their seats. It wasn’t too long after they got there that Angel walked in his an unusually large smile on his face, practically skipping to his seat.

“Goodmorning, Angel. You seem happy.” Jay said to him, somewhat unsettled by the large smile. Angel quickly turned his head to Jay, making him flinch a bit in surprise.

“Why would I not be happy about such a wonderful day like this? The sun is shining almost perfectly, the weather is nice and warm, too! It’s almost as if the universe itself is happy for what is sure to be a day no one will forget!” Angel explained while hugging himself, smiling and chuckling.

As Angel was on his rant, Vicky had walked into the class, a smile on her face and a styrofoam coffee cup in hand.

“Oh? What makes you say that?” Jay asked, somewhat assumed and calmed by Angel’s happy and giddy tone. Angle then went over to Jay’s desk, leaning in close.

“Why, today’s festival, of course!” Angel practically exclaimed before May stood up and grabbed the back of his jacket, giving him a tug back. Angel, who was caught off guard, stumbled back a bit but didn’t fall, his smile never leaving his face.

“With three such interesting participants, I know something interesting is going to happen.” Angel said with a giggle as he stepped away from Jay, going back to his seat. Vicky also took his seat, leaning forward a bit to tug on Jay’s jacket.

“Good Morning! I can see that your morning has already been...Eventful.” She said with a small laugh, glancing at May who had a smile on her face.

“Are you two ready to see today’s festival? I know I am.” Vicky said as she sat back, Jay turned in his seat to face her.

“I’m not sure. It will be...Interesting to see people fight. It will give us a better sense of who we are really dealing with at this school. Outside of our classrooms, anyway.” Jay responded, May nodding in agreeance.

“It will be interesting for sure. I can't wait for it to happen!” Vicky said excitedly before taking out her notebook, signaling that she was done with the conversation.

After a while, more students started to fill the classroom and so did the teacher. The class started on time and went on like it normally did, Angel made his occasional joke, Ms. Joy taught the class until the speakers turned on.

“Good morning everyone.” Doku’s gentle voice rang over the speakers.

“At this time, will all students who were selected for today's festival please make their way towards the outside auditorium for warm-up. All students who are not accounted for will be expelled immediately. That will be all, thank you.” Doku announced before the speakers turned off.

“Man, is Emily still moping around?” Angel asked out loud.

“Poor Doku, having to take up that responsibility just because Emily is in the dumps.” Angel finished before Ms. Joy cleared her throat.

“That is enough with that. Emily works very hard to make sure that you students are satisfied. All of the council does.” Ms. Jay told him in her usual monotone.

“Since the class day is shortened due to the festival, I have decided to start your study hall early. Please keep the noise level down.” Ms. Joy told the class before taking her seat, starting to work on paperwork as the class began to talk amongst themselves. Jay let out a soft sigh and leaned back when he felt another tug on his jacket. He turned around and smiled a bit once he saw Vicky.

“How is Emily doing, anyway? I heard you two got to go see her and Illaden.” Vicky asked excitedly as she leaned forward, resting her chin in her hands. May quickly turned around but Jay stopped her, pointing to the unfinished worksheet on her desk. May faced forward with a pout, picking up her pencil.

“She’s not doing so well.” Jay answered quietly. 


“When we saw her, it looked like she had been crying for hours. Luckily, they are working on finding the guy who attacked Illaden. And after that, she seemed to be a little better.” He explained while Vicky nodded.

Jay turned around and handed his notebook full of notes to May, who was still working on the worksheet in front of her. After what else like an eternity, the speakers turned on again and it wasn’t long before Doku’s voice was heard.

“Attention all students. It is now time for the festival to begin. All teachers please release all students who wish to watch at this time. Thank you.” Doku said before turning the speakers off. Quickly, students out of the class began to get up and leave. Vicky got up and looked at the siblings, smiling brightly at them.

“Come on, you two can sit with me.” Vicky told them and Jay smiled, getting up while nodding. May also got up, holding onto Jay’s arm as they all left the room.

As the three walked to the auditorium, Jay was surprised to see how many students were going to watch. He held onto May’s jacket and moved her a bit closer to him, May having a hand on one of her daggers as they walked.

They soon got to the outside auditorium and the three took their seats, Vicky almost bouncing with excitement. Jay made sure May was sitting beside him before looking at the ten students in the center, G.U.T. facing Hue and Nara.

He took a deep breath and held onto his arms, gripping his jacket sleeves tightly.

‘Alright. Let’s get through this…’ He thought to himself as Doku was seen taking her seat in Emily’s elevated seat with a smile on her face and a microphone in her hand.



© 2020 Knight731


My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

10 Views
Added on January 12, 2020
Last Updated on July 1, 2020
Tags: school, highschool, murder, action


Author

Knight731
Knight731

Panama City, FL



About
Hi! I am a highschool student who just likes to write. I know my stories arent the best but I still want to share them. I hope you like them and I would love to hear feedback on what I can do to mak.. more..

Writing