Chapter 3

Chapter 3

A Chapter by Knight731

Jay woke up with a small groan as the sunlight hit his face, sitting up in bed while looking around. ‘So it wasn’t a dream. We are really here…’ Jay thought to himself with a heavy sigh as he rubbed his eyes.
He got up and went over to May, gently shaking her shoulder. "Come on, May. It's time to get up." He told her gently as she turned to her side before opening her eyes. She sat up and rubbed the sleep from her eyes, nodding as she got up and made her way to her dresser, getting out a fresh uniform and heading to the small bathroom to get changed. 
Jay took this opportunity to get changed as well, putting on a fresh uniform and combing through his hair with his fingers. May soon came out and went to her bed, reaching under to get her swords, putting her belt on before attaching her swords. Jay then grabbed their notebooks and a few pencils, looking at her with a smile. 
"If you're ready, let's go drop these off and go get breakfast." He told her and May looked over at him, nodding with a smile as she took her notebook from him. They made their way to the classroom, seeing that no one else was there. They then quickly saw that each desk had a name tag taped to the top corner. Jay looked around and let out a soft breath once he saw him and May were seated next to each other. They set their notebooks on top of their desks then headed for the cafeteria. 
Although it was early in the morning, the cafeteria was already packed with students, most of then chatting amongst themselves. They got into the line and once they had their food, Jay directed them to a table that wasn’t so crowded. They took their seats and started eating, Jay looking around at the rest of the cafeteria. While they ate, May felt a light tap on her shoulder.
“Well, hi there, early-birds!” A familiar and cheerful voice exclaimed. They both looked over to see Vicky with a large smile on her face as she took a seat in between the two, hooking an arm around each of theirs. Jay flinched a bit and glanced over at his sister, who was returning Vicky’s cheerful smile. “Vicky, it’s you.” He said in a low voice. 
"Yey, it’s me again! So get this, I just found out we have the same class! Apparently we are going to be with a bunch of second years, too. Isn’t that neat?" Vicky asked with a spark of energy. "Yeah. That’s super neat?" Jay said with a nervous laugh, taking glances at May who was staring at Vicky's arm. This prompted Jay to look as well, seeing that both of her wrists had odd-looking scars that he hadn’t seen the other day. 
“What happened? Are those...New?” Jay asked with a hint of concern in his voice. She then unhooked her arms from theirs and looked at her wrists, her smile dropping into a blank face. “Oh, these? I joined a club yesterday and this was one of their requirements. It hurts a bit but its nothing much, I’ve been through worse.” She told them as she stood up, her smile returning. 
“Anyway, I’m gonna head to class. Oh, and I have a friend who is excited to meet you. I’ll see you two there!” She exclaimed before running off, leaving the siblings at their table. 
"We should look into clubs while we are here, too. We might need it." Jay told May before going back to eating. When they were done, they walked to class and took their seats. As time went on, students started to fill in the class, each student finding their name tags and taking their seats. After a few minutes, a tall woman with long black hair with grey specks came in, going behind the teacher’s desk. 
"Good Morning class, my name is Mrs. Joy. I'm going to be your teacher this year." Mrs. Joy spoke to the class with a blank face. "I hope everyone knows what the rules of the school are because the teachers have been told to report any and all students who break said rules." As she spoke, there were a few groans throughout the class. 
"It wasn't my idea, we were just told what to do." She said with a small shrug. She went to say something else but she was interrupted by the door opening. Jay looked to the door to see Angel accompanied by Doku and another student he hadn't seen before. The student was fiddling with his hands, a smile on his face.
"Angel, you’re late." Mrs. Joy told him as he along with the other two students walked. Angel made his way to the back of the class with a smile on his face, taking his seat. "I'm sorry teach, my bad. I got to breakfast a little late. I won't be late again, I promise." Angel told her in a somewhat teasing tone. Mrs. Joy then looked at the other students.
“Doku, What is Hidan doing here, shouldn’t he be in class?” She asked the other two. "Well,  Mrs. Joy." Doku spoke with a gentle smile as she stepped forward. "Although he isn't in the student council, Emily has asked that he could help advertise club day." She explained and Hidan nodded quickly. "Y-Yeah! Club day rock-rocks!" He exclaimed as his neck twitched a bit. Hidan looked around the class, his eyes locking onto May's. He walked over to her, his smile never fading.
"It is such a rare p-pleasure to see us-such beauty in t-these lands." He said as he gently grabbed her hand, giving it a kiss. "To whom-whom do I have the pleasure of s-speaking t-to?" He asked and she just stared back, her face a light pink. Jay quickly stood up and slapped his hand away."My sister, May." Jay hissed at him. Hidan pulled his twitching hand back, now looking at Jay.
“I see.” He said as he turned back to May. “Why-Why didn’t you say so?” He asked with a slight head tilt.  "Hidan!" Doku called out in a loud and somewhat harsh tone, taking him and Jay both flinch. "Let's get our job done. I hate to waste the teachers time." Doku told him with a smile and he went back over to her, Doku clearing her throat.
"Alright. Today is club day. That means after class, all the way to curfew, you can look at the eight different clubs the school has to offer. But please know, some of our club leaders are a bit...difficult. And some might not be accepting new members." Doku explained in a friendly tone.
"And please keep in mind that each club leader has their own requirements for joining their club. We are aware of what they are, so please do not come to the student council with complaints about them. Finally, if you do feel like you are being treated unfairly or in a way you should not, don't hesitate to find the closest student council member. We will be here to assist you." Doku finished with a small sigh. She then turned to Miss Joy. "Thank you for your time." She said before she and Hidan left.
"Did you hear that, class? Club day. Be sure to check the clubs out before the end of the day. And just in case you can’t make it today, do not worry. Most clubs have openings even after club day." Mrs. Joy said before turning to the blackboard, beginning to write. 
“Now, unless it is a special class day, you will be in this classroom for the rest of the year. Inside your desk, you will find all the notebooks, textbooks, pens and pencils you will need for the year.” She explained as she wrote the words “Study Hall.” On the blackboard.  "Because today is an event day, any and all students who are in a club, you are excused." Mrs. Joy said before she turned around to look at the class. A few students including Vicky and Angel got up and left.
"As for the rest of you, today will be a study hall. Most of you are new here and probably have a lot of things you need to figure out while you're at this school. So, today is the day to do that. Tomorrow we start class." Mrs. Joy explained before taking her seat.


© 2020 Knight731


My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

27 Views
Added on May 20, 2019
Last Updated on May 9, 2020
Tags: Highschool, murder, school


Author

Knight731
Knight731

Panama City, FL



About
Hi! I am a highschool student who just likes to write. I know my stories arent the best but I still want to share them. I hope you like them and I would love to hear feedback on what I can do to mak.. more..

Writing