Chapter 2: Sun City

Chapter 2: Sun City

A Chapter by Kornez

Chapter 2: Sun-City



Johnny sat in the only chair in that hall still contemplating why the girl rescued him in the first place. The door opened.

Did I ever tell you why we have these?” The girl asked.

Nope.” Johnny replied.

It's for when we pass the sun to arrive at my home.” The girl said. She looked at Johnny in a funny way.

Sorry about earlier.” She said.

It's alright.” Johnny said.

My name is Sunny what's yours?” She asked.

Johnny,” Said the man in the chair. Sunny smiled.

Pleased to meet you Johnny-sun,” She said.

No, just Johnny is fine.” Johnny grinned. Sunny nodded.

Come!” She said. Johnny didn't need to be asked twice.

He followed her into the strange open wall. It shut behind them. The wall in-front of them opened. Johnny's mouth dropped open in amazement. There were in what looked like the control room. But it wasn't the control room that amazed Johnny, it was, what was outside that amazed him. A huge city with flying contraptions all over the place.

What is this place?” Johnny asked.

Instead of answering Sunny pressed a few buttons and the ship jolted forward.

Welcome to Sun-city,” Sunny said smiling.

A the ship moved Sunny pointed out the different places and shops and pubs and things that any city would have.

And in the center is the palace, which we are going to,” Sunny said.

She turned to Johnny.

My father king Rexor, lives here and he will know what to do with you,” Said Sunny, it almost sounded menacing.

What's that?” Johnny asked pointing to a ship sailing away from the city.

That's the concert, captained by the great musician Johannes Musicus Bonsey.” Sunny said smiling.

You aren't the first outsider here,” Sunny said.

Am I not?” Johnny asked.

Nope, we rescued another outsider a year or two ago but you won't be able to see him, our doctors are still tending to him after the ship crashed.” Sunny said sadly. Johnny looked out the window.

So where is it?” He asked.

The Concert comes every second year, as for the ship you seek it's right there,” Sunny said.

She pointed to a rather squashed into the earth vessel outside of Sun-city just a few miles from the cites wall.

“They say the Clouds attacked it,” Sunny said.

Clouds?” Johnny asked in surprise.

Our enemies.” Sunny said.

She grabbed a lever and slowly pulled it downwards. The ship lurched down and sort of bumped a bit before being stable.

A door opened and Sunny yanked Johnny down some steps to be welcomed by a curious crowd. They all had the same queer look as Sunny did earlier.

Alright,” Johnny said to Sunny.

What's with all the looks, I mean I love the attention, but this is too much,” Sunny laughed at my worry.

You never stop talking do you?” She asked.

Johnny felt a bit small. A man with lots of robes and a crown stepped out of the two huge doors. With him were two body guards.

Sunny pretended not to notice him. In fact she crossed her arms and glared. The king glared back. They did this for some time before Sunny burst out laughing.

“Father!” She squealed jumping into the mans arms.

Sunny what did I tell you about bringing outsiders?” The kings asked looking at Johnny.

Oh, I rescued him father, he was stuck in that marsh,” Sunny replied.

Pardon me your majesty, but I would like to go home,” Johnny said.

“You rescued him and he already wants to go home,” The king said. He turned to Johnny.

You can't leave until you prove yourself to me,” He said.

“Come I'll take you to your home here in Sun-city.” Said Sunny grabbing Johnny's arm.

Johnny never felt so awkward.

Great,” Johnny thought.

This place is like a prison and I'm being dragged around by the kings daughter.”

Johnny's home in Sun-city was furnished and worst of all, (In Johnny's opinion,) Sunny was next door.

If you need anything just knock.” Sunny said.

Johnny looked around briefly.

Where did you get the sword?” Sunny asked as if the question had been lingering for some time.

It just appeared.” Johnny replied.

It looks a bit blood stained did you use it?” Sunny asked.

I fought two giants with it,” Johnny answered.

Giants?” Sunny asked curiously.

Much, much bigger than me,” Johnny said pointing to the over head roof.

Taller than the house?” Sunny asked.

Yes.” Johnny said.

Bigger than the palace?” Sunny asked.

Almost.” Johnny replied.

That's big,” Sunny said looking up at the ceiling.

Johnny wanted to take Sunny's mind off of giants.

Do you know about butterfly's Sunny?” Johnny asked.

Butterfly's?” Sunny asked in the same curious tone.

Are they as big as a house?” Sunny asked.

No,” Johnny replied.

Are they smaller than this house?” Sunny asked.

Yes.” Johnny said.

Well that was nice,” Sunny sighed.

She opened the door and shut it without a word.



© 2016 Kornez


My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

64 Views
Added on July 30, 2016
Last Updated on July 30, 2016
Tags: fantasy, clouds, giants, suns, firebird


Author

Kornez
Kornez

Greer, SC



About
Please read my stuff! One way Kornez is inspired to write is by the communication of others. So therefore he has decided to give you an idea of what he'd like to see when you review his stuff. .. more..

Writing